want to know about mileage and price

hi im new to the forum, so this may have been covered before somewhere!

im looking to buy a 350Z, having looked around some with 40K+ miles still seem to be about £10K, is this not alot?

Are they still good after this many miles? I know they are a good car because they japanese but is the engine good like honda for example?

These cars are great for over 100k miles, plenty of member in this region and still no issues except wear and tear.

As for the price it is really dependant on the year and mileage and engine model to decide as there is 3 different + 1 limited edition variations. 10k for 40,000 miles is good if its for talking sake a 54 plate, but may seem high for a 52 plate. It really is down to all of these factors tbh.

Mpg varies also, i get about 17mpg average others get 30mpg, its just dependant on your driving style.

If your worried about fuel and tax then it will put a dampener on buyin the zed. I bought knowing all these things and i dont grudge filling the car up with 100quid of fuel at a time as i enjoy every moment im in and out the car.

Fantastic cars and i have never looked back since i bought it. Its the first car i have ever bought and never thought about selling

Thanks for that. At the moment im driving a civic type-r so the tax is about the same. I got mine with 24,000 on the clock for £6K so a bit obsessed with having low mileage now. The car is now to 42K and i feel like its loads haha.

Glad they dont start to go downhill as some cars do at the 40-50K mark, now i can widen my search, cheers

Welcome to the club and don't get too hung up on mileage, as has been said, if it's been looked after there shouldn't be a problem. :)

Glad they dont start to go downhill as some cars do at the 40-50K mark

Really? :headhurt: Are there really any cars produced in the last 20 years that if serviced regularly won't happily do a 100k?

Anyway, as you said, the Japs are pretty good at longevity so don't worry. ;)

Thanks for that. At the moment im driving a civic type-r so the tax is about the same. I got mine with 24,000 on the clock for £6K so a bit obsessed with having low mileage now. The car is now to 42K and i feel like its loads haha.

Glad they dont start to go downhill as some cars do at the 40-50K mark, now i can widen my search, cheers

if you buy post 05, ie 06 on then tax is around 440 quid a year, just to remind you :thumbs:

I,m a new zed owner, looked for one for some time. I think it,s a fantastic car and i love every minute driving it. Good luck in your search and welcome to the forum.

Get one whilst you can... how long before we will be taxed off the road? The Zed is a reliable car and easy to service. I think the type R is much more of a revy engine and thrives on being thrashed where as you dont have to thrash the Zed to get it going! They are a great buy and so much fun. Best

Welcome to the club and don't get too hung up on mileage, as has been said, if it's been looked after there shouldn't be a problem. :)

Glad they dont start to go downhill as some cars do at the 40-50K mark

Really? :headhurt: Are there really any cars produced in the last 20 years that if serviced regularly won't happily do a 100k?

Anyway, as you said, the Japs are pretty good at longevity so don't worry. ;)

I think you are right. My dad goes on about a car he had 30 years ago which got to 50k and died on him just like that, he now has a Volvo which has done about 180k. Most modern cars could go around the world a few times before you get engine problems unless you run the heck out of them and don't maintain them. Japanese cars are famous for their reliability. My friend has a Civic Type-R and it has just done over 200k without any issues as he gets it serviced when it needs to be.

:welcome:

I'm due to hit the 100K miles mark in the next few weeks. :wheelchair: My car still puts out above spec bhp and torque (ok it has been remapped but to be fair that didn't make an enormous difference to the figures). The point is that it is still a fresh and lively engine, not running out of puff :)

Horror of horrors though, I have to change the plugs again which will cost £50!!! :lol: