new 350z owner help needed please

smashe350

hi everyone just joined the forum as ive just brought a nissan 350z 2004 am very pleased with it apart from the biting point on the clutch is really high and the pedal is quite stiff to push and also the trust bearing is noisey but ive done some research on the forum and they all got this problem so i will live with that but as for the biting point and stiff pedal can anybody shed some light on this as am new to this car

thanks ash

Welcome!

Quite a few peeps have swapped it out for a Exedy clutch. I think Zmanalex sells these.

Apparently it makes it easier but they do generate mixed opinion :shrug:

To be honest the engine is so versatile I don't find it too laborious to drive......unless you spend a lot of time in traffic jams

Hi

Welcome to the forum. I would be a bit careful on this one, esp. with the noisy release bearing. What is the freeplay like, ie. the free travel until the pedal meets resistance? My clutch is a bit firmer (than the KA, for sure) but the grab is probably about a third of the way off the floor.

thanks guys for all the :welcome:s Ekona am comparing it to my girlfriends bmw 1 series 2.0 maybe it is a aftermarket one ive checked all the paper work but nothing in there. is it normal to have a high biting point because on other cars ive had its been much lower at the moment its about a inch from the top.

To an extant its what you're used to, I remember picking up my Clio and not being able to hold it on the clutch on a slight incline, stalled it loads of times before I got the hang of it...Back to The Zed, the clutch is certainly heavier than anything I'd owned before and the release point is quite high up, it took a while to get used to it.

Pete

i must have driven some very heavy clutched car's i found the zed pedal quiet light, as for the bite point i would say its normal although each car is different.

have you checked the clutch is running smoothly and not worn. put it in third give it a decent amount of revs and see if it will pull away. if you can pull away in third without any slip then the clutch ahs plenty of life in it.

rtbiscuit i will give that a try thanks for the reply :thumbs:

Ekona i guess i will have to get use to it but is there anyway to make the clutch less lighter for my girlfriend?

Get her doing some squats! :p

Welcome.

Seriously though, every car is different but I have found my clutch has taken a while to get used to. It's defiantly heavier than my 300zx and TT Supra were and I find it bites just where the pedal is at its springy-est (if thats a word) making it harder to do it smoothly. It doesn't bite high though, thats normally a sign of wear.

Mine is a 2004 OEM clutch with 14k on it.