Stratos.... Its back

DoogyRev

is it just me or do those exhausts look very small to disperse the combustion gases from a ferrari engine.

If i was spending 500k id defo just buy the ferrari and keep a few 100k for the bank

looks like standard pipe diameter, its only ever the tips that are bigger (like trumpets) on other cars. zed is a prime example. or was on my invidia exhaust.

as for the design i like it.

its not like the original was that good loooking, its like the apache helicopter of the car world, so ugly its actually good looking. and the advantage of the stratos is that they will only be about 50 of them, so exclusivity is the pricve to pay.

In this image it looks absolutely stunning.

2011-Lancia-Stratos-Concept-from-Rear-View-Picture-570x380.jpg

However I prefer the front end of the original so original is best.

If the new one was painted in Alitalia colours though...... :cloud9:

That pic looks ace, but it looks a little like Brabus Smart Car to me..........

Looks like a delorian IMO

Biscuit, buy a Lada as they're just as ugly and almost as rare, save yourself 449,950quid :lol:

On a serious note, why so much over a fezza? I really think its is sook ugly. If I wanted the apache of the car world I'd buy the limited edition lambo

is it just me or do those exhausts look very small to disperse the combustion gases from a ferrari engine.

Have a look at the exhaust pipes on the California: Tiny isn't the word! Rich is right though, exhaust gas flow is more about design than actual pipe bore size. Given also that it's not a full-scale production car and doesn't have to meet all the silly noise/emission requirements, I wonder if there's a cat on there at all...

Shame it's so bloody ugly. We forgave the original as it suited the time period and had racing pedigree, but that monstrosity needs burning sharpish.

Have a look at the exhaust pipes on the California: Tiny isn't the word! Rich is right though, exhaust gas flow is more about design than actual pipe bore size. Given also that it's not a full-scale production car and doesn't have to meet all the silly noise/emission requirements, I wonder if there's a cat on there at all...

Shame it's so bloody ugly. We forgave the original as it suited the time period and had racing pedigree, but that monstrosity needs burning sharpish.

I do agree with everything you've said, but look at the scuderia 430 where the engine came from. I'd rather have a rear end that looks like that.

On a serious note, why so much over a fezza? I really think its is sook ugly. If I wanted the apache of the car world I'd buy the limited edition lambo

the more you build the cheaper it gets; the development costs for building a car are huge, and to recoup them is more expensive when you only build 50 cars compared to 500.

the more you build the cheaper it gets; the development costs for building a car are huge, and to recoup them is more expensive when you only build 50 cars compared to 500.

cool, if i remember right the veyron cost 5million to build each car and bugatti made a loss on everyone sold, thats not even including the development costs.

If you had 500k would you really buy one of these... i dont think anyone would.

its the kind of car you don't buy to drive, but as an investment, you stick it in a air sealed tent; tell all your mates you have one, and then sell it in 10 years for twice the price.

its not your everyday petrol head car; its your rich mans investment car.

If you had 500k would you really buy one of these... i dont think anyone would.

The chances are the type of people who would buy one will be dipping in their pocket change for the money.

I'm sure most will be added to collections and never see the light of day.