So... she said.... Yes

Jay

Hi all........... a few of you know that I have been planning to propose to my gf for a while now....... so the save has been on and my poor zed hasnt been bought any treats in a while (well it was worth it)

On Sat I drove my gf and I up North to the Highlands to Eilean Donan Castle, by Kyle of Lochalsh. The reason behind it as my gf family used to own this castle and land a long long time ago and she had never seen it in person. I took this as the perfect opportunity and place to propose. The drive up their was a little bit scary at times due to snow and black ice.... but wow the scenery was breath taking. Here is a pic of what the castle looks like ( its on the hoon route ;) )

eilandonan.jpg

eilandonan1.jpg

So we arrive at the castle and It couldnt have been more perfect....... snow everywhere and no one to be scene for miles. Anyway after doing the tour of the castle etc we walked through the snow to the beach and this is where I popped the question (down on one knee and everything :lol::blush: ) Thankfully she screamed out loud, cried and said yes....... so it made me a happy happy man and she never had a clue thats why we were there. Here is a wee pic of the ring....... (that could have been my 370z :blush::lol: )

laurasring.jpg

Anyway after that I took my new fiancee to a gorgeous Highland hotel called the Torridon........ (BIG BIG thanks to our very own Scottish mod Stew as he gave me the heads up about it :thumbs: ) The hotel was perfect and the food / service was first class...... they also had arranged a few special requests that I has asked for without any problem at all. Oh and the view wasnt to bad either

thetorridon.jpg

torridonhills.jpg

So I just thought I would share my special day and fantastic news with you all........ I really am a lucky guy. But it did make me laugh how I managed to travel 220 miles on Sat from Glasgow to the Highlands in the snow / ice and all you southerns are cant move anywhere :blush::lol: Ok I used my dad's cayenne but still :blush::lol:

Hope you have enjoyed my rambling and the pics :lol:

Jay :):thumbs:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many congratulations Jay - she must really be worth to it to forego a 370 :lol:

And what a supurb venue to pop the question, particularly as that has been a favourite stopping place for the Hoons - I'm sure someone will be posting up one of the many pics of the castle with ZEDs in the foreground ;)

Many congratulations Jay - she must really be worth to it to forego a 370 :lol:

Good things come to those who wait - Amanda got her ring about 2 weeks before I ordered my 370z, the ring was a pre-requisite :lol:

Kinda happened that way for me too!

But there were 9 months between the ring and the motor arriving :D