andlid

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who's insurance does this go on ??? :rant:

Yours, sadly. This is exactly why we have car insurance though. :(

That's never a write off though, worse comes to the worse you'll just replace the roof itself.

Errrm provided it covers for an 'act of god'.......dude you is one highly unlucky individual.

who's insurance does this go on ??? :rant:

Yours, sadly. This is exactly why we have car insurance though. :(

That's never a write off though, worse comes to the worse you'll just replace the roof itself.

Errrm provided it covers for an 'act of god'.......dude you is one highly unlucky individual.

hahaha and you lads don't know half of it... wonder if it could go a bit on the landlord's house insurance...

I'm sorry to hear that, just bloody bad luck. I feel bad because it's something I should have warned everyone about, had a similar thing myself years ago, just missed luckily.Maybe we need these, spotted them in Cooke, Montana.

sign-on-super-8-they.jpg

Pete

That is very unlucky, good job it wasn't a roadster!

Wife has a Golf Cabrio and had a near miss once when a mass of snow came off the roof. Always park it away from under the roof when it's covered in snow, sometimes when the snow slides off it can take some loose slates with it as well which will make a nice mess of the paintwork.

Last year up North some conservatory roofs caved in under the weight of snow, snow can weigh approx 15lbs per cubic foot even more if it's compacted so a fair old weight if it all comes down at once

Last year up North some conservatory roofs caved in under the weight of snow, snow can weigh approx 15lbs per cubic foot even more if it's compacted so a fair old weight if it all comes down at once

Yeah, avalanches off sloping roofs are one thing but flat roofs are only designed to withstand 2 feet of snow and are liable to sudden collapse. Saw a good documentary about Yellowstone Park where they employ people to clear snow off Summer Chalets roofs. These have a slight slope on them and I think they never allow more than 30 inches to accumulate, some houses in Scotland and The North East must be easily up to this now :scare:

Pete

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. What an utter a**se I really feel for you there. Sod's law it hits yours and nobody elses car on the street. If your insurance doesn't cover, isn't it something you could hang fire on and claim in Jan (some big scrote was jumping on my roof, i chased him but couldn't catch him - type of thing?). Annoys me when you actually do pay insurance and the times you need it you're conveniently not covered for certain events!

Hope it all sorts out for you. We've not got enough snow to flatten a yoghurt pot here so no need for me to worry... yet!

Not good mate and very sorry to see that! I would blame your Mrs and tell her it would not have happened if she hadn't set the heating to 100 degrees melting the snow and causing it to slide :surrender:

Only roof skin damage so not that bad. a good body guy might be able to get it somewhere near but it would need some filler. If a proper job can't be done I have 2 roofs off Zeds in my garage :thumbs: I honestly don't think you will need it though mate.

Insurance companies can be funny with roof damage as its classed differently to panels that bolt off. Porsche usually write cars off with significant roof damage when they see it.

I wouldn't bother trying to claim on your car insurance unless you have protected no claims.

Best of luck :thumbs:

Q: anyone know how easy and how to take the roof lining off?

Not too difficult. Download the service manual, its in there. Dont try it without, there are a few "gotcha" bits you have to do that you wouldnt think about and you wouldnt want to break anything.