Snow socks

bounty78

You did not get the auto sock ones then I take it? They have some mad big sock in their packs...

The ones I had were the genuine ones. They are really good quality, the only downside is the difficulty putting them on, but with a bit of patience, its worth it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
tried my snow socks out on sheet ice last week,and they were excellent, yet to try them in the latest snowfall.

How easy did you find them to fit?

it says 2 minutes on the info, but it took me roundabout 8 minutes, but I've only fitted them once, probably would be able to get the time down, when I've fitted them a few times.

the biggest problem is trying to get your hands in-between the wheel arch and the tyre,

no problem taking them off,

Those snow socks look pretty good, I wouldn't drive too far in them though I would say they are just to get you onto the main roads and then you take them off :thumbs:

Thats the problem, this morning i got off the smaller roads on to what i'd normally call a main road(a fair bit of activity) and it was shocking, sliding from side to side, couldnt get traction up the hill etc etc..

i suppose i could use them til i got on a duel carrigeway but just as bad at the moment, but as mentioned might just try them every mile or so.

• 5 months later...

From my experience... didn't lose traction when i got onto main roads (even where partially gritted/slushy) but they do wear quickly. Agree with SpursMadDave... use them to get in an out of estates etc once your on the main road pull them off - you can put them on in 5 minutes and take them off in 30 seconds.

Meant to add... i've a set of autosocks which are up for grabs if anyone in the Gateshead area wants them. They're pretty well worn but would do for an emergency and don't want anything for them... don't fit my new car.