Snow socks

bounty78

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have winter tyres on and they are great for snow and water aswell. Today was snowing really heavily in my hood but it was all melting where I work. The roads where pretty much flooded with some snow still on them, how do the snow socks deal with that? Does the sock stop the water being pumped out by the tyre? I might get some for my 350 :thumbs:

I have winter tyres on and they are great for snow and water aswell. Today was snowing really heavily in my hood but it was all melting where I work. The roads where pretty much flooded with some snow still on them, how do the snow socks deal with that? Does the sock stop the water being pumped out by the tyre? I might get some for my 350 :thumbs:

It seems OK to me..it's my first test run in them. Can't possibly answer some of the questions yet :shrug: ..don't think it retains water..it's made of durable strong fabrics of some sort. And i don't know if it will be shredded into pieces if u run them on bare tarmac for too long or at fast speed. Not planning to find that out. It's £47 not £4.70 :lol:

You could ring the ebay seller if you have any questions. A very helpful chap and first class delivery. The snow socks arrived within 2 days!..good communication, reliable and superfast delivery. Lots of positive feedbacks. Ask for Mike at Premier Vehicle Products on *******. :thumbs: Say Mike from the 350z forum recommended you. :thumbs:

Mike is such a common name..everyone is Mike :lol:

Edited: can't condone something i don't have faith in anymore. After a more detailed test run of the snow socks, i concluded they are not that great.

Had a go driving around in slush and bare tarmac this morning..the fabric and textile material started becoming a bit fluffy. Winter tyres are still the best if u could afford them or has a place to put away your summer tyres.

Took some pictures this morning

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

Still a great improvement on ungritted areas with black ice.

You could ring the ebay seller if you have any questions. A very helpful chap and first class delivery. The snow socks arrived within 2 days!..good communication, reliable and superfast delivery. Lots of positive feedbacks. Ask for Mike at Premier Vehicle Products on 01424 830727. :thumbs: Say Mike from the 350z forum recommended you. :thumbs:

Mike is such a common name..everyone is Mike :lol:

I've just bought some of these, off the guy above, should be here tomorrow, the price as gone up to £64 inc p/p for a set of 2.

he advised buying some for the fronts as well,

can I make do, with rears only?.

Just ordered some of these myself, absolute nightmare getting home today, so these could get delivered sooner, everywheres sold out of them as you'd expect, but hopefully get them sooner rather than later...

the problems going to be, using them to get out of a situation = ok, but its the stopping to put them on/off is an issue, as normally main roads are fine, other roads arent, but better than nothing.

Think im going to save up for some winter tyres, if they are really that good?

They are only designed to get you out of the snow, and not drive day to day in the snow, slush, tarmac etc. Thats when you need winter tyres. They are meant for when you get stuck on the way home to get you out of the bit of snow and back to tarmac then you take them off :bangin:

do winter tyres really make a significant difference?

On a car like a Zed which isn't great to start with not a significant difference but on a car that is better in the snow anyway they make a big difference :thumbs:

Still nowhere near as good as chains, I lived in Stockholm for a while and you have to carry chains over there between I think October and March... that's from memory and probably not right though :wacko:

they look really easy to put on on the videos, whats hard about it? I suppose all the vids are when you're no stuck in traffic or stuck on a drive waiting to get to a meeting :p

Any tips for putting them on/off apart from what the vids suggest?

The video made it look easy..take it from me..it ain't as easy as it looks if u are on your own..u need to move forward and back to get the whole socks on..otherwise it comes off easily. Much easier to jack the wheels.

The fabric disintegrate with too much friction, hence my last questions about snow chains but now that is out of question...what a PITA.