showtime1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A more powerful car to start with :)

That's a very good suggestion.... :thumbs:

I've spent a fair few grand on my mod's and yes it's quicker, but pound for pound you'd do best getting a more powerful vehicle.

im looking for a bit more hp, if you could only have one performance mod what would it be. best value for money

To be honest it depends on your definition of "bit more hp" is?

10, 20, 30, 40??

A remap is good for response but you're not going to get 40hp from this?

You can increase your WHP by 20 and it really doesn't make a great deal of difference, none that will keep you amused for long. It also depends on the size of investment....

already had a remap but dont want to spend a fortune as i did on the last car, what about 5/16 plenium spacer throttle body spacer exhaust etc

Hardly going to make a difference. I made 18 HHP with plenum spacer, motordyne XYZ pipe, De-cats, Arc Induction and Uprev. So put that at the front and your maybe talking a + of 25bhp?

Yes it does make a slight difference although to gain a bit more oooomph you need to think about FI. I've gone for NOS and I now run 309HHP - instead of 258HHP (after mods). Now that makes a difference. :thumbs:

Frankly the best mod for sensible money is a the D1 controller followed remap +/- supporting mods :p

The next logical step is a full forged NA tune or FI depending on your chosen goals/use as cost will be similar in the end :surrender:

Or buy a more powerful car ;)

I really don't think NOS can be considered seriously as a longterm viable mod or value for money ;) and as such i've never been though i appreciate Wasso's efforts and determination to be different B)

If you consider ~280WHP the limit with a remap, supporting NA mods and the luck of a strong engine to begin with then 309WHP acheived by Wasso with 75 NOS shot represents only a 29WHP gain while it will cost similar to setup a basic SC kit :teeth:

In real terms its more like 30-40WHP gain since the best NA zeds here are running between 270-274WHP(with he exception of Greekman who has modded his VQ35HR )

Bennett respect what you're saying although my 296bhp uk zed was producing 240hhp rather than whp before any mods or Uprev. After uprev and mods mapped I was running 258hhp. The NOS gives me a total of 309hhp. The Nos is therefore giving me a boost of 51hhp. Working that back to stock which was 240hhp and now running 309 that's a total of 69 added hub horse power. Who knows what the engine bhp is now but guessing at about 350bhp?

I'll be honest and say Nos isn't the best for ultimate power but it suits my driving habits where I can turn the extra power on and off when I please. A super charger is going to give you a load more grunt.

I just want to add my torque figures which are now at 298. As advised by Mark at Abbey I won't be able to juice more Nos than what I am already, as this could take me over the safe levels before forging the engine.

Get an already FI car like a Golf GTI. Or a shirroco (or however its spelt)

Not a lot of weight you can save on the zed, not a lot of bhp you can get unless you are talking about 5 digits.

the question is too general to be answered. all i know is that i can keep up with a 911 in the twisties...eaaaaaaaasy....but only just with a boxster S on a straight line....and thats 15K later

instead of spending money on bhp mods get a later model with a HR engine. thats the best mod me thinks.

Not a lot of weight you can save on the zed, not a lot of bhp you can get unless you are talking about 5 digits.

the question is too general to be answered. all i know is that i can keep up with a 911 in the twisties...eaaaaaaaasy....but only just with a boxster S on a straight line....and thats 15K later

instead of spending money on bhp mods get a later model with a HR engine. thats the best mod me thinks.

its what i tihnk about everytime i do a mod !

most youl get is 300 give or take vs 309 stock , greekman will correct me here if im wrong but i think hes running about 340 with with basic mods.

its what i tihnk about everytime i do a mod !

most youl get is 300 give or take vs 309 stock , greekman will correct me here if im wrong but i think hes running about 340 with with basic mods.

+1

nismo intakes and y-pipe/back box nismo exhaust (all slightly used), unknown high flow cats from the states and uprev. Took the car from stock to 340bhp (v v hot reading, according to rs tuning could be a bit more if colder) and all in all cost a bit more than 1k.

Then i put a couple of stones on and some very heavy 19'' dotz hanzos and its all gone....

Frankly the best mod for sensible money is a the D1 controller followed remap +/- supporting mods :p

The next logical step is a full forged NA tune or FI depending on your chosen goals/use as cost will be similar in the end :surrender:

I really don't think NOS can be considered seriously as a longterm viable mod or value for money ;) and as such i've never been though i appreciate Wasso's efforts and determination to be different B)

If you consider ~280WHP the limit with a remap, supporting NA mods and the luck of a strong engine to begin with then 309WHP acheived by Wasso with 75 NOS shot represents only a 29WHP gain while it will cost similar to setup a basic SC kit :teeth:

In real terms its more like 30-40WHP gain since the best NA zeds here are running between 270-274WHP(with he exception of Greekman who has modded his VQ35HR )

If you get a propper remap you can totally disregard the D1 controller :wacko: The remap sharpens up the throttle AND removes the limit from the 1st and 2nd.

If you get a propper remap you can totally disregard the D1 controller :wacko: The remap sharpens up the throttle AND removes the limit from the 1st and 2nd.

I disagree strongly.

a pair of those will do fine on first and second gear.

GT4, l think you have ¤issed the point some what. I like to see what price you think you can fit a S/C kit properly for? Wasoo cars is an Revup car which do not give the returns we are now seeing from

DE engines as of late but maybe Wasso will fit a Motordyne lower collector at a later date to release alittle more mid range torque.

The D1 throttle controller is a waste of money IF your going to remap.

NOS is a good mod you only use it when you want to where as a S/C car you always have boost you can't even turn the boost down.

The best mod I feel is the remap it doesn't give you masses of BHP/TORQUE but tidies the car up most people say the cars are just "better"

After that has been done ( normally people fit a plenum spacer before a remap) I would think maybe a set of uprated roll bars tightens the ride up without making the car uncomfortable.