Hello

Hi,

Thought it was about time I introduced myself as I have been lurking around the forum for a few weeks.

My name's Wes and I live in Preston, Lancashire, although in truth I'm a Blackpool lad, which you have to keep quiet around these parts.

Now that I am no longer travelling up and down the M6, I have decided to get rid of my diesel and get myself a 350Z - I have wanted one for ages.

I'm looking to make the transition within the next month, it just depends how long it takes me to sell my current car and find the right new one. I've started thinking I might be just as well part exchanging anyway, as otherwise I will be without transport.

I'm hoping to get an 06+ facelift with no more than 30k miles on it. I was initially limiting myself to gm grey, but the longer I look, the more difficult it is to find a colour I don't like. Any variation on grey / silver would be great.

My budget is £15k give or take, does that sound realistic? Most listed on pistonheads and autotrader seem to be a good bit higher than that, but I guess they don't always sell for what they are priced at.

Wes

Yes, just had another look on pistonheads and autotrader and there do seem to be a few more about in that price range.

Just been outside washing and T-Cutting the current car ready to sell it, god I'm unfit, I'm absolutely knackered. 2 1/2 hours it took - I think its obvious I sit at a desk all day.

It's funny you should say that. It obviously helps if the girlfriend approves of what car you buy, and she was sat with me the other night when I pointed out that one of the local meets is often Krispy Kreme at the Trafford Centre. She had two responses, the first being "why have you never told me there is a Krispy Kreme so close by" and the second being "you have to get one of those" - I hope she was referring to the car and not a glazed doughnut. I'm not kidding, everytime I go to London with work I have to bring a couple back.

Thank's for mentioning it though, I was hoping to have a zed before then and come along, but if not, I will come down anyway.