Time to say good bye

Emperor Ming

Hi guys

I am afraid it is time to say good bye to the Zed.

She has done me stirling service for 3 years but like most petrol heads I just need a change.

I also have 'Murphy' my 7 stone mastiff and both he and Mrs Ming don't fit into the Zed. :headhurt:

I advertised her 10 days ago and got a firm offer Monday morning. Mrs Ming is not speaking to me because of all my sports cars she fell for the Zed and really does not want me to sell it.

The new owner will be collecting her in about 10 days time when I have sorted out the number plate and got back from a walking trip in scotland.

I have enjoyed the experience and would recommend a Zed to anyone in the market for a sports tourer. She has run faultlessly and is a pleasure to drive but I really need a 'dog' space in the back.

The guy who is buying her tried both an Audi TT and an SLK Merc and he was of the oinion that the Zed was very superior to both. :teeth:

I will recommend the site to him and will still pop in from time to time myself. (Hell I still visit the GTO site and I sold mine 5 years ago)

I have enjoyed the company on here and much of the lively debate.

Your mate

Ming

Why not get a 370z - rear strut brace removed, which I thought was purely to allow you to take your pets along too? :teeth::lol:

On a serious note, the Toureg has some SERIOUS torque..... I've heard that if you slam it in reverse, floor it, you can actually reverse the earths rotation!!

Thanks guys

Strange thing is, now I no longer have a family, I want A BIG car.

LOL

The things you do for a dog eh!!

Got to have loads of grunt though and the ability to go reasonably quickly.

Its odd though. Once you have had a big engined car its very difficult to drive anything else.

Gonna test drive a few and see which one I like the feel of. Almost certainly if it is a Touareg it will be the 4.2 petrol or the 5 litre diesel.

I will of course keep you guys posted and post up pictures before and more importantly AFTER a full detail!!

Mmmmmmmm

Ming the excited

Sad to see a long timer leave the fold :byebye:

Dont be a stranger - look at Sarnie for example.

Actually, scratch that, dont look at Sarnie as an example :lol:

Been great having you as part of the club. Your tales of crime fighting and the photos have made me chuckle more than once. The one with the beanie hat and the weed plants has to be an al time favourite :lol:

oh - i'm always a bit gutted when one of the people who I remember from when i first joined 'back in the day' does a leaving post........... :cry:

Hope you get something you, the dog and Mrs Ming are happy with!