Mini Video Cameras £10!!

IanS16

Anone know if you can record directly to PC via the USB slot? I'm going to order 4 of them :D

Not sure if you got an answer to this - you can set it up as a webcam so recording directly should be easily done. :)

Excellent! Can use them as reversing cameras too!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received mine, one question, what does each button do? There are no instructions! Just a little CD that doesn't work and a USB cable. It's charging at the moment.

from what ive just worked out, holding the keychain towards you and the camera pointing away only the top 2 buttons work..

Top is 'mode'

Bottom is 'power'

Hold the bottom one to switch on.. light comes on

Hold the top one... three blinks and its started recording

Press once to stop

Hold bottom one to turn off...

Nice one mate :) any idea how to change the mode? Mine is on camera mode at the moment, all good but I want to switch it to video mode.

the unit by default is in camera mode, u have to switch it over to video mode. press and hold the mode button and it will go into video mode. then press it again to go out of video mode.

press and hold the "second button" until the LED blinks 3 times. that means ure in video mode, press once again to stop video mode.

Just received mine, one question, what does each button do? There are no instructions! Just a little CD that doesn't work and a USB cable.

I got instructions with mine, but no CD....... :dry:

I'll scan in a copy of the instructions when i get a minute if it'll help people out :thumbs:

**EDIT- Andlid to the rescue** :teeth:

Hey all, Recieved my camera yesterday so made a quick vid for you to see quality and sound. Bare in mind at the time of the video it was starting to get dark around 8pm. I think the quality is pretty good considering!

The video states it's 720x480 but you will see it looks squashed. I converted it to 640x480 which corrects the aspect. Youtube kills the quality a little on top as it makes it even smaller but it gives you an idea! :teeth:

Here is the little blighter:

keyfobcam.jpg

Here is a screengrab untouched at the 720x480 (slightly squashed resolution) as I came out of work today, and yes someone who works at my place also has a Z in the same colour but his is 06 and mine 05 and I had mine first!! :p

screencapl.jpg

And here is the sample video. nothing fancy and shot in fairly low light so I'm happy with the quality for the size. It is comparible to my lipstick/bullet camera that cost me just over £60

If you want to check out one of my other videos you will see the £60 bullet camera shot from the side of the car to compare quality:

thanks to IanS16 for the heads up on these cameras!

yeah, and bare in mind that was at about 8 o clock. Funny time to be sitting there I'd say! usually they are around on my way home from work.

Typical as well because I wanted to give it a little poke just to see how good the mic picked up the sound from the cabin!!

I can't make head nor tail of this device. It came with a USB adaptor/connector, which i have used to try to charge up the battery. When connected to my MAC, it does not appear as a USB device, and all that happens is that an orange light appears on the device. I can't get red or blue lights and nothing seems to be happening when I insert a micro SDcard. Any suggestions would be welcome - the instructions posted above are baffling!

Jim, make sure the sd card is formatted as Fat32. Insert the card and don't power on the camera. Plug it in and the orange light should come on. Don't press anything and you should see the drive pop up on your computer.

When you unplug the camera the orange light will be lit . Holding the power button (bottom button) for 3 seconds turns the camera off. Hold it for another 3 seconds to turn it on.

Recording is done by turning it on and then holding the top button for 3 seconds the orange light should blink quickly and then go out, this indicates it is recording. Press the top button once and the orange light will come back on to indicate recording has stopped.

If you are still struggling try inserting a pin in the reset hole with the camera on, it is on the left side near to the usb connector.

Hey all, Recieved my camera yesterday ......

Nice photage, how did you mount it on the inside?

I'd put some sort of cover on the microhpone for any outside shots to help in reducing 'air noise'. Can't wait for mine now! :yahoo:

Nice one Jim, glad you sorted it.

Nice photage, how did you mount it on the inside?

I'd put some sort of cover on the microhpone for any outside shots to help in reducing 'air noise'. Can't wait for mine now! :yahoo:

On the Inside with a single piece of insulating tape attatched to the strut bar.

On the outside, a single 10mm diameter Neodymium magnet (very strong! :p ) attached to the camera with some insulating tape which also protects the paint!

I hate the wind noise. Generally for recording these days I use a seperate microphone mounted elsewhere but I just wanted to show that as a rear facing or cockpit camera it isn't too bad

I did try attaching it to the bonnet and thought...hmm it doesn't stick and promptly remembered.......aluminium! :doh:

Just formatting my SD card and I'm going to reset mine, seems it's sorting everyone's problems out :)

I had mine on my desk in work this morning, thought I'd try figure it out at lunch, the FD came over and was wondering what it was, got him stumped wondering if it was an alarm fob, something to open the garage, he never would have guessed it was a video camera :lol:

i accidentally ordered some of these having not looked at the thread before :lol:

i know im going to end up stripping one down with the mic at the exhaust, the camera hidden away and the usb in the car. good thing i ordered 4 for practice :lol:

Jim, make sure the sd card is formatted as Fat32. Insert the card and don't power on the camera. Plug it in and the orange light should come on. Don't press anything and you should see the drive pop up on your computer.

When you unplug the camera the orange light will be lit . Holding the power button (bottom button) for 3 seconds turns the camera off. Hold it for another 3 seconds to turn it on.

Recording is done by turning it on and then holding the top button for 3 seconds the orange light should blink quickly and then go out, this indicates it is recording. Press the top button once and the orange light will come back on to indicate recording has stopped.

If you are still struggling try inserting a pin in the reset hole with the camera on, it is on the left side near to the usb connector.

I had to reset mine but i used a paperclip as a pin is too sharp. works fne but doesnt show up on my p.c either so i use a lager dummy card to hold the small mini card.

I had to reset mine but i used a paperclip as a pin is too sharp. works fne but doesnt show up on my p.c either so i use a lager dummy card to hold the small mini card.

The reason your pc might not find it is if you are using a SD HD mem card, sometimes you need to download the drivers for you pc to understand that it is an High density version (could be wrong but i had this a while back when i bought a 4gb SDHD micro)