Mini Video Cameras £10!!

IanS16

Found out another issue if you let the sd card get full (which I did) it does not have enough space to sort out the index file properly and thus corrupting the AVI file. Can't copy it off the card and can't repair it onto the card either (since its full) Currently trying to fix it with VLC which works to pla

It is not OK to format the micro SD card in the 808 camera because it will "shrink" the device with each new partitioning.

Summary: The implementation of the card reader functionality of the 808 mini camera is defective. If the card is fully written one needs to unplug the card from the 808 camera and read it with a different (non-buggy) card-reader.

The 808 camera reports the device size wrongly. It somehow calculates the device size (cylinders/heads/sectors) of the SD card from the partition size. This approach is wrong. It always reports too less bytes. This leads to a problem with operating system. There can be files written by the 808 camera that are not accessible once you use it as USB-storage.

I have had the problem, that always I couldn't read the last video that was recorded. I investigated and I saw that the operating system complained about the partition being larger than the device size. So I repartitioned my SD card inside the 808 camera. At the next disconnect/reconnect cycle the operation system again complained, showing now even smaller device size for the SD card. Also unplug the card from the 808 camera didn't help.

When I connected the SD card with a different reader the original device size was reported.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found out another issue if you let the sd card get full (which I did) it does not have enough space to sort out the index file properly and thus corrupting the AVI file. Can't copy it off the card and can't repair it onto the card either (since its full) Currently trying to fix it with VLC which works to pla

It is not OK to format the micro SD card in the 808 camera because it will "shrink" the device with each new partitioning.

Summary: The implementation of the card reader functionality of the 808 mini camera is defective. If the card is fully written one needs to unplug the card from the 808 camera and read it with a different (non-buggy) card-reader.

The 808 camera reports the device size wrongly. It somehow calculates the device size (cylinders/heads/sectors) of the SD card from the partition size. This approach is wrong. It always reports too less bytes. This leads to a problem with operating system. There can be files written by the 808 camera that are not accessible once you use it as USB-storage.

I have had the problem, that always I couldn't read the last video that was recorded. I investigated and I saw that the operating system complained about the partition being larger than the device size. So I repartitioned my SD card inside the 808 camera. At the next disconnect/reconnect cycle the operation system again complained, showing now even smaller device size for the SD card. Also unplug the card from the 808 camera didn't help.

When I connected the SD card with a different reader the original device size was reported.

:shrug:

Latest video:

Was going to the shop to get some milk :D

One camera on the roof and the second on the PIP is mounted under the reg plate used the sound of that one, not matched 100% I think but needed to get a video up fastish :D Will work a bit more with the quality too since youtube wrecks it :(

I'd adjust the sound levels. It makes the vid look like a 1.2 Corsa with a dustbin exhaust. FAR too much noise for the percieved speed in the vid. In my opinion of course.

:lol: it does look slow from the front... not sure why really wasnt going that slow :teeth:

I'd adjust the sound levels. It makes the vid look like a 1.2 Corsa with a dustbin exhaust. FAR too much noise for the percieved speed in the vid. In my opinion of course.

:lol: it does look slow from the front... not sure why really wasnt going that slow :teeth:

That's why I said perceived. ;)

Lower mounts make for faster looking vids.

That's why I said perceived. ;)

Lower mounts make for faster looking vids.

:teeth: I see thats why it looks faster from the rear.. to be honest I love the sound :D and so did everyone esle down at the track day :lol::blush: I sit like alittle kid looking through the 3hours odd of vids :D

oh that was too good, vid up in a min, to keep on topic...

the sound recording is scaled in volume, so if something loud comes along it automatically turns the volume down, frustrating on the road of course as the volume is so variable. i still think it'd be best to record the sound on a cheap dedicated device instead and splice back in at the end.

oh that was too good, vid up in a min, to keep on topic...

the sound recording is scaled in volume, so if something loud comes along it automatically turns the volume down, frustrating on the road of course as the volume is so variable. i still think it'd be best to record the sound on a cheap dedicated device instead and splice back in at the end.

yeah noticed that, why I used the rear cam for sound and the front as a main vid...

uploading to youtube :wiggle: managed to get quite an eev sound under the number plate so im quite chuffed putting the one there for sound in the mean time :) eperiment success. on a side note the backbox missing was epic fun and sounded ace from in the cabin but sounded like ASS from the outside :lol:

uploading to youtube :wiggle: managed to get quite an eev sound under the number plate so im quite chuffed putting the one there for sound in the mean time :) eperiment success. on a side note the backbox missing was epic fun and sounded ace from in the cabin but sounded like ASS from the outside :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:snack: sounded good IMO. You should keep it that way!

B)

You most have loved it I'd say from all the 'blipping' going on on those clips! Can't believe the quality for 10£! What MicroSD card do you use? saw a few 'jumpy' frames....

:dance:

yeah the micro SD cards are going in the bin, they were cheap EBAY ones that say sandisk but are copies. i bought them before i read all about duplicate frames on cards with poor write speeds :doh:

got to spend a little more moolah for nice ones before i make a full vid :)

yeah the micro SD cards are going in the bin, they were cheap EBAY ones that say sandisk but are copies. i bought them before i read all about duplicate frames on cards with poor write speeds :doh:

got to spend a little more moolah for nice ones before i make a full vid :)

Got 4 gb sandisk ones that works perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...
hi all

ive got my Mini Video Cameras for £10 today plus a 8 gb tf micro sd for it, i charged it for about 20 mins just to see if it worked and all seemed sell, only got about 2 seconds ov vid, so i put it back to charge, just turned it on to record a better vid but nothing is on the memory card so i used the shutter button to take a pic to see if it was the card and the pics are there but no vids, also when i turn it on the indicator light go off after about a minuet and the add on ebay says 2 hour battery life,

link below

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3351wt_868

can anyone help

cheers

Niko

-when you turn it on it has an auto off feature to save battery if you dont use it within a minute hence the light going off.

-when you stop it recording you only need to tap the shutter button once and wait, it will then process and store the file properly, if you press the off button instread it will corrupt the file, i think this may be whats happening?

-try charging it for about 35-40mins shouldnt need any more than that as its only a tiny battery :thumbs:

hi all

ive just done a couple of small vids to test out the camera now i know how it works :lol: just put them on the laptop to have a look and the sound is delayed dose anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

cheers

niko

hi all

ive just done a couple of small vids to test out the camera now i know how it works :lol: just put them on the laptop to have a look and the sound is delayed dose anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

cheers

niko

hmm thats an odd one :blink:

i dont recall reading anything about mismatched sound but will have a look through my stuff for it :thumbs: