Mini Video Cameras £10!!

IanS16

Also worth noting that its best to format the microSD card in the computer directly rather than using the connection through the keycam. it tends to corrupt the last video if done that way.

so whats people planning then? :bounce:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just opening one up now.

the details on the battery are 3.7V 200mAh so anything with a higher mAh rating than that would give more batt life but of course wouldnt fit in the case

can you take some photos on how to get an external battery supply fitted to this and extend the sdcard to another location and also the power/stop start button... :blush:

:lol:

Also if you could draw up the schematics and links to the stuff that will be needed to get such equipment. Thanks.

:wave:

haha it is a plan to get cracking with it this week among other things :)

like i say ive stripped one back now, been having a play with it on the car

hm suposse I could just strip one open myself and have a little play :D

Can people post up photos of where they mount these babies?

I've tried two places in the rear so far one was not so succesfull (back tip of the device under the rear number plate) and then used a slingshot around the reg plate (in case it tried to fall off this would stop me loosing it) used two velcro tags one on the device and the other on the body panel.

Video - nice tarmac photos

Sound - PERFECT sound since it was hidden away from WIND noise.

Second attempt I used the rear wiper to mount the camera with some turbo glue and the base of a cable tie. (see photo)

Video came out nicely but the sound was / is crappy due to the wind noise :( (thinking that I'll hide the mic hole with some cotton / sock to help with the noise from the wind)

Had a look at the front and think I could use the mesh that I installed with a cable tie, should work nicely there but wind noise will destroy the sound yet again... also looked at plonking one straight on the roof B) (might not do the latter) had a look at the side mirrors and between the mirror and the car door looks pretty suitable for a mount...

So guys where and HOW do you mount yours? For inside the car I'll be using a 7£ universal mobile mount and my HTC Desire, the vids come out great and so does the sound :evil:

Found out another issue if you let the sd card get full (which I did) it does not have enough space to sort out the index file properly and thus corrupting the AVI file. Can't copy it off the card and can't repair it onto the card either (since its full) Currently trying to fix it with VLC which works to play it but not to copy it accross from the SD card to the lappie. Trying to stream copy it now to the root drive :evil:

Photo:

SNV35396.JPG

The cable tie end works great to push up the camera for a better angle, will post an example vid later.

i used car camo tape, the stuff they use to tape up panel gaps for top speed test runs etc :)

i taped one under the rear number plate, worked perfectly, sound was decent

taped one on the wheel arch behind the wheel worked well but needs some modification although sound was good, little wind noise

taped to the outside of the wing mirror, video worked well, sound fail

i used car camo tape, the stuff they use to tape up panel gaps for top speed test runs etc :)

taped one on the wheel arch behind the wheel worked well but needs some modification although sound was good, little wind noise

:thumbs: Don't know where to get that camo stuff...cops will be around soon... google search sent me in to sniper rifles etc... :scare:

:thumbs: Don't know where to get that camo stuff...cops will be around soon... google search sent me in to sniper rifles etc... :scare:

:ninja: hang on i will have a look...

hmm its like duct tape, its mega wide sticks really well but doesnt leave any residue and doent rip the paint when it comes off. really great stuff. i dont know what its actually called but its also used to stick camouflage to secret vehicles. i had some laying about.

hmm its like duct tape, its mega wide sticks really well but doesnt leave any residue and doent rip the paint when it comes off. really great stuff. i dont know what its actually called but its also used to stick camouflage to secret vehicles. i had some laying about.

Will normal duct tape work fine? The grey stuff...

hmmm dunno how happy your paint will be :wacko:

:scare:

:scare:

on plastic it would be fine?

Going to try it on the front bumper under the mesh, planning on repainting that gloss black either way :D Then on the side mirror and the rear wiper mount... think that'll be it :D Might stick one under the regplate rear for pure sound recording :D

:dummy:

:disguise: lock and load...

well i had a thought on the sound front. my UK exhaust prob isnt loud enough to make a good recording on the little cameras so maybe get a dedicated sound recorder to stick next to the exhaust? and splice the recording into the video after? hmm

well i had a thought on the sound front. my UK exhaust prob isnt loud enough to make a good recording on the little cameras so maybe get a dedicated sound recorder to stick next to the exhaust? and splice the recording into the video after? hmm

sounds B) to me :D we both have 4 to play around with ;)