for sale rules violations

Husky

Just to clear up, I've read quite a number of comments about dibs. Dibs does NOT exist here. It is not mentioned in the rules.

The off topic section not increasing the post count, also rubbish. The green room doesn't.

Here are the rules:

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

* An asking price (and postage costs if applicable) should be included in the first post

* Once an offer has been accepted the seller should update the post

* All transactions should be completed swiftly and any delays should be agreed prior to completing

* The seller has the right to withdraw or refuse sale before the transaction is complete

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the for sale advert being removed.

Above all, we expect any sales to be carried out in the manner that you would wish to be dealt with. Please bear this in mind during any transactions.

As far as I'm concerned, no pics, no name, no ad!

We've tried to be patient in easing people into these rules but I think enough is enough.

Oh and while we're at it it's 50 posts for a Zed for sale. :evil:

And relax.

Our rules rely on the maturity and moral decency of members both buying and selling.

Just another thing to note, if you see people breaking the rules PLEASE report it, after all that stuff with this particular member only one of his posts had been reported - Thank you Husky, it's appreciated! :thumbs: Leaving arsey comments on all his threads isn't constructive and doesn't help the mods sort this out.

Instead of moaning when it goes wrong PLEASE report the posts as soon as you see them and the mods will remove them as soon as possible.

Thanks folks, your help is appreciated. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill have a look and see if there are any technical ways we can ensure the simple bits are followed (post numbers images attached etc).

Other than that, we will try and spot them, or there is always the report post button. :thumbs:

There are other technical issues affecting the site at present, so this will have to take a back seat for now though..

Ill have a look and see if there are any technical ways we can ensure the simple bits are followed (post numbers images attached etc).

Other than that, we will try and spot them, or there is always the report post button. :thumbs:

There are other technical issues affecting the site at present, so this will have to take a back seat for now though..

cheers :)

not saying you can catch them 100% of the time, you lot are only human, well most of you anyway :p

Bet you're in neighbourhood watch as well! :lol:

maybe i have cameras, is that a crime!

I think the idea of upping the post requirement for sale threads. 25 has proven to "easy"

Don't tar everyone with your brush because you hit 1000 in a matter of days!!!!!! :lol:

Think the rules are fine. If people want to buy something from someone with only 20 posts they have to be prepared to not get it. The "for sale" area too me is a place to buy from long term members, i very rarely look at a thread if i dont recognise the OP name or if i cant collect it in person.

Yet another member that needs to go to spec-savers. Deleted the tv for sale.READ THE RULES FOR GODS SAKE!!HOW MANY MORE TIMES? :angry::rant::lol:

:lol::scare: Is there anyway you can make the rules 'pop up' in a new window or something when you hit 'new topic' under the for sales section? :teeth:

Nearly all his posts are of him selling stuff as well such as PS3 games, Nokia phones, LCD TV's......hmmmmmm :dry:

OK Sarnie .... I've waited long enough ........ please put the apostrophe in we're in your signature

:snack:

Nearly all his posts are of him selling stuff as well such as PS3 games, Nokia phones, LCD TV's......hmmmmmm :dry:

OK Sarnie .... I've waited long enough ........ please put the apostrophe in we're in your signature

:lol::lol::lol: Grammar control officer! :D

Adjutant General ATTAK Z ...........................GCO (Grammar Control Officer)

Staff Sergeant (SS) Sarnie ............................ FSTP (For Sale Thread Police)

:lol::lol::lol:

I do feel slightly responsible for this by throwing a PM and not posting on the for sale thread as I was at work and got distracted. Offered to stand down on lifters but the carbon bits I think I was in their first with a PM and offer of purchase.

Think you will find I was the first to Bump on the carbon bits. :dry:

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who gets upset about apostrophes. :D

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who gets upset about apostrophes. :D

I tend to just edit the posts I see that are wrong :blush::lol:

I do feel slightly responsible for this by throwing a PM and not posting on the for sale thread as I was at work and got distracted. Offered to stand down on lifters but the carbon bits I think I was in their first with a PM and offer of purchase.

Think you will find I was the first to Bump on the carbon bits. :dry:

I had already PM'd him about the carbo bits, your 'bump' actually says I will have them if you haven't heard from me. I just didn't post on the actual thread before you.