for sale rules violations

Husky

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the reasoning behind the picture and date in the for sale threads? Ive not come across it on any other forum.

the picture so you can see the quality of the item

the name in the pic so noone can steal yours and use it for thier own

the date for the same reason

the price so we all know where we stand and dont play the bidding game via PM and get played against each other

the dibs on the pblic forum so we can see who actually got in there first, the only fair way as the PM's cant be seen.

What is the reasoning behind the picture and date in the for sale threads? Ive not come across it on any other forum.

because otherwise some unscrupulous people try sell things they do not own, or just put pictures up of things that other people are selling. Quick way to make a lot of cash without any effort!

Did anyone die? No... all good then... jesus lads...

:snack: Dibs is crap IMO first to pay is first to buy...

i hadn't dibs'ed i'd agreed to buy, but was just helping follow forum rules first and due to the low post count wanted photo reassurance he was an upfront seller.

already been stung at the moment with forza. can;t afford to throw cash about.

might be worth you reading the thread, then make your judgement.

because otherwise some unscrupulous people try sell things they do not own, or just put pictures up of things that other people are selling. Quick way to make a lot of cash without any effort!

That's fair enough. The GTR forum and the Skyline Owners Club run with the 50 post rule. It is monitored so that someone is not spamming threads just to get their post count up .

The team are always considering how to avoid problems with for sale threads and will continue to take sensible measures to make the process better for all parties. At the end of the day its worth considering how long a seller has been on here and searching their posts will give a good indication of where they are coming from.

If in doubt the report a post button will give the team a chance to have a look. :)

Whoa neddy.... this is a bit exciting... seriously tho

I think the 50 posts sounds good. Or even more.

IMO should be sold on thread. That way its clearly seen who has what.

Seller puts a time limit for payment. After that item can go back up fpr sale if seller wishes.

I've not been on here long but I must admit the for sale section seems a bit of a free for all. :boxing:

Credit to the mods, its a thankless task.

Just so that I know as I'll be trying to sell a few things on here soon. Are you allowed to list them as or nearest offer or do they have to be a set price?

If you are allowed ONO prices then how does that get policed? Is it down to the seller when they accept the closest offer to their listed price?

EDIT: Forgot to mention. I think the post limit on the For Sale section would be better increased. The For Sale section afterall is not a free sale area, it's meant to be for members to list their items. This would however (most likely) increase the amount of spam around the forum.

One thing I have seen on other forums as well is some areas not counting towards post counts. Like the Joke room etc. As it's a common place where people who are only trying to get their post count up will head to try and spam without getting caught

The off topic area in our forum is all non post counting.

as for increasing post count to sell defo +1

the biggest thing for me was that in my original post i was very clear on the fact i was buying. especially after the Carbon Knob Saga, so i made very sure i wrote it in such a way that i was following forum rules and helping the seller. and then as soon as it was all proper i was going to pay pal the bloke.

i admit i have been extremely childish in what i did. and in that respect i apologise to the forum and the mods for creating somewhat of a headache this evening.

i also apologise to the seller it wasn't the best thing to do in hind site, i was making a point, and in that respect i think i did. but he definitely didn't help the situation.

imo a bit of overeacting going on here.. and I did read the thread

i disagree,

alot of us have towed the line on other issues and wound our necks in, when we've been spoken to by the mods. whats the point on having rules on an open forum if it only applies to some of its members and not others.

if people ignore the selling rules and then someone gets stung the mods will be inundated with complaints from people saying why did we not do something. if they put rules in, people complain as its not fair and makes selling too hard. as far as the mods are concerned its a loose loose situation.

i think its a case of if we have rules, then we "all" follow "all" of the rules and not just pick and choose what we like.

whats been done so far has been done for the good of the club, and at the end of the day, you may not always like all the decisions, but its part of whats made this forum so good.

at the end of the day if some one doesn't like it or the rules, there are plenty of other options. but if you don't want to leave, then suck it and follow the rules.

my 2p's worth anyway

not aimed at you andlid, just making a point ;)

I don't think it helps when you are clearly selling lots of different things and put them all in seperate threads as well. Listing them all in one. Cause I got in first on the surrounds and then asked about the bonnet lifters. Looked a little like under hand tactics.

agree on the rule part but think there was a bit of over reacting thats all, personally dont like dibs and lost out on some stuff before that I thought I was first in line for... think you just need to get over it though. Would like to see pricing on all the trader links too though... think there is no need to change any more rules really, generally seem to work pretty good.

:band:

btw you're 100% correct on the point if you dont like it get your coat :disguise:

This has been spiralling out of hand for a while.............

There was that guy who sold the gear nob with a library photo, therefore you couldn't see which actual nob he had, it's condition or whether he actually had the item in hand, which is what the name on the piece of paper is supposed to verify. And then he got shirty about it all

Then there was the guy who sold his Volks without proper pictures (no name on the pice of paper) and then sold them to the first person who pm'd him.

And then there's obviously whatever happened tonight.

How hard would it be for For sale ads to automatically refuse to post threads for people with less than 50 posts? How hard would it be to have For Sale threads verified by a mod before they go Live? Surely there is a mod on at most times, so there shouldn't be much of a delay and an ad would only take about 30 secs to check? Similar to when you post and ad on Pistonheads, it gets verified before it goes live a fews hors after its posted etc etc.......

I know the mods don't want to get involved but with 5000 members and growing, your going to have to.......infact, let me be the For Sale Thread Police :lol:

sarnie as the sales thread Gestapo :lol:

do we need to buy him a long black coat, and a funny hat?

No he already has plenty of those biccy..... :D

I agree with the 50 post rule. From someone who has recently sold some tyres on here, I must confess I didn't read the for sale rules first....My apologies.....

At the end of the day,, this forum is brilliantly run by the mods and they should have final say on any rules....I think a vet of a for sale post first is a cracking idea...

Dave

Truth is though that someone could follow the rules perfectly but still be a complete arse and rip someone off, so whilst they help the vast majority of decent people they still won't stop the dodgy ones coming through: They just make it more difficult for them.

FWIW I find the current rules to be pretty good (if a bit too thorough), but at the end of the day it's up to the seller to decide who he wants to sell to. It really is no more difficult than that.

On a forum like this it's simple -

here is what I have ( including pic )

this is how much I want

1st person says I will have that and pays

it gets messy when people say what's this worth or make me an offer, how about just sod of to fleabay!

I've missed out on loads of bargains because I don't check here enough, sometimes by minutes! But that's life if it's all done properly how can anyone complain?

If it's not too much work for the mods and not too dificult to implement the. As many have suggested anything in the fir sale section has to be verified before getting on the site.

Just to add my opinion, though I had limited experience of forums, I would be very happy with a post limit raised to around 50 or more. It would scare off spammers alot, as that would be a hassle getting to that, if they weren't genuine. It would give everyone the piece of mind they are buy off enthusiasts rather than opportunists. I'd personally only buy off someone who has or had a Zed, as I'll know they know their stuff.

Must say I applaud the maturity of the mods here, and their atitude to protecting our interests in this matter :clap:

Thanks guys.

Bradders.

Just to add my opinion, though I had limited experience of forums, I would be very happy with a post limit raised to around 50 or more. It would scare off spammers alot, as that would be a hassle getting to that, if they weren't genuine. It would give everyone the piece of mind they are buy off enthusiasts rather than opportunists. I'd personally only buy off someone who has or had a Zed, as I'll know they know their stuff.

Must say I applaud the maturity of the mods here, and their atitude to protecting our interests in this matter :clap:

Thanks guys.

Bradders.

+1 :thumbs:

Just to clear up, I've read quite a number of comments about dibs. Dibs does NOT exist here. It is not mentioned in the rules.

The off topic section not increasing the post count, also rubbish. The green room doesn't.

Here are the rules:

* A photograph with your user name and the item(s) must be posted at the time of placing the advert

* An asking price (and postage costs if applicable) should be included in the first post

* Once an offer has been accepted the seller should update the post

* All transactions should be completed swiftly and any delays should be agreed prior to completing

* The seller has the right to withdraw or refuse sale before the transaction is complete

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in the for sale advert being removed.

Above all, we expect any sales to be carried out in the manner that you would wish to be dealt with. Please bear this in mind during any transactions.

As far as I'm concerned, no pics, no name, no ad!

We've tried to be patient in easing people into these rules but I think enough is enough.

Oh and while we're at it it's 50 posts for a Zed for sale. :evil:

And relax.

Our rules rely on the maturity and moral decency of members both buying and selling.

Just another thing to note, if you see people breaking the rules PLEASE report it, after all that stuff with this particular member only one of his posts had been reported - Thank you Husky, it's appreciated! :thumbs: Leaving arsey comments on all his threads isn't constructive and doesn't help the mods sort this out.

Instead of moaning when it goes wrong PLEASE report the posts as soon as you see them and the mods will remove them as soon as possible.

Thanks folks, your help is appreciated. :thumbs: