for sale rules violations

Husky

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a difficult call, but as long as price and pics are posted along with meeting the criteria of minimum posts, the seller can sell to who they like. We try to catch them when we can if they dont meet this criteria, but bar vetting all For Sale posts before allowing them to be posted, theres not a lot we can do.

Sorry :blush:

I do feel slightly responsible for this by throwing a PM and not posting on the for sale thread as I was at work and got distracted. Offered to stand down on lifters but the carbon bits I think I was in their first with a PM and offer of purchase.

Its a difficult call, but as long as price and pics are posted along with meeting the criteria of minimum posts, the seller can sell to who they like. We try to catch them when we can if they dont meet this criteria, but bar vetting all For Sale posts before allowing them to be posted, theres not a lot we can do.

+1 It amazes me how many members have a licence to drive a 300bhp car but quite clearly cant read or follow simple forum rules. :dry:

But a lot of people are not posting pics & names when they first place the ad. IMO these should be deleted because by warning them they are still advertising it for sale.

There definatley needs to be something done to sort out the selling section, can't it be set so that a mod has to verify it before it goes live?

I do feel slightly responsible for this by throwing a PM and not posting on the for sale thread as I was at work and got distracted. Offered to stand down on lifters but the carbon bits I think I was in their first with a PM and offer of purchase.

No one is p'd at you mate.

Since the rule changes,it seems like a free for all on the for sale threads.

No one is p'd at you mate.

Since the rule changes,it seems like a free for all on the for sale threads.

May not but still being a party involved I am trying to keep the peace. Plus to post on all for sale threads is slightly harsh when its only the one thing that seems to have an issue.

+1 It amazes me how many members have a licence to drive a 300bhp car but quite clearly cant read or follow simple forum rules. :dry:

I'm not so sure the the culprit has a ZED, just sees us as a free ebay site - time to deal with him :dry:

Grant cheers for the offer, much appreciated,

what chris has said is right though, its the sellers choice who he sells to, so i'll leave it down to him although i think its unlikely he'll sell them to me as i have been a tad childish :blush: maybe used the odd choice word :doh:

long day, crap evening, this bloke got the blunt end of it. :shrug:

Grant cheers for the offer, much appreciated,

what chris has said is right though, its the sellers choice who he sells to, so i'll leave it down to him although i think its unlikely he'll sell them to me as i have been a tad childish :blush: maybe used the odd choice word :doh:

long day, crap evening, this bloke got the blunt end of it. :shrug:

Well I will happily post them to you when I receive them, no issues. We all have them mate!! :thumbs:

I think the new forum rules are good......

minimum post limit - :thumbs: at least it gives forum members a chance to get to know anyone selling anything. I think I would rather buy something from someone on the forum who has made more than 15 posts (a lot more) than "Mr 1 Post" and its in the for sale section

I would have no problem taking a photo with a piece of paper with my name... etc. on if I was selling anything.

If sellers are not adhering to to the rules them maybe they a) cant read or B) cant read

Just my opinion

minimum post limit - :thumbs: at least it gives forum members a chance to get to know anyone selling anything. I think I would rather buy something from someone on the forum who has made more than 15 posts (a lot more) than "Mr 1 Post" and its in the for sale section

I would have no problem taking a photo with a piece of paper with my name... etc. on if I was selling anything.

If sellers are not adhering to to the rules them maybe they a) cant read or B) cant read

Just my opinion

+1

Perhaps it should be 50 posts ??

Just my opinion

+1 I don't remember there being so many issues on the "For sale" thread at any time in the past four years. The mods have only had to remind sellers of the eminently sensible rules on a few odd occasions. Then, suddenly, we get a rash of chancers having a whole bunch of items for sale almost immediately after joining the forum! No wonder members are suspicious.

on my 350 they have a rating but thats alot to implement especially if it isnt already available on the platform this forum uses.

the guy had screwed up selling the carbon knob first and then went on to **** someone off once again, i dont think grant is responsible at all. Its just that time of year for the chancers it seems :shrug:

i dont suggest its a difficult one to resolve at all i just know its becoming quite frequent. :wacko:

Its just that time of year for the chancers it seems :shrug:

i dont suggest its a difficult one to resolve at all i just know its becoming quite frequent. :wacko:

I think it could also be related to the fact that this forum is becoming larger every day, so it offers an increasingly lucrative market place for these chancers.

How long has the put a picture up on the ad or you get a temp ban etc being about? I put a thread up the other week without a photo thats all :blush:

He has received a temp ban because of the manner and management of his for sale posts, and not because he did not put a piccy up ;)