Zed's at the bodyshop *Progress pics PG 8*

shire350Z

How should the bumper be finished off??  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How should the bumper be finished off??

• All smooth?
    • Leave the badge?

Right guys finally got hold of my new bumper, the Nismo V2 with carbon lip :teeth: i nearly went ahead with this last year then decided against it but its my favourite bumper by far so decided to take the plunge this year. After waiting for it to arrive for months from far away shores i didnt waste any time in getting it trial fitted just to make sure we didnt have any fitment issues which im glad to say we didnt and more importanly that i could get over speed bumps which i can with about a inch clearence when im lucky :scare: . Theres a few niggles around the lights and corners that will have to be adjusted but overall for a 'copy' its a really good fitment! (Thanks very much to Rik at prestige Styling for the bumper, I know he had some grief on the forum but i cant knock him for my dealings with him only thank him as the bumper arrived when promised in good condition, packed well and at a good price, thanks again Rik :thumbs: )

Iv decided to do the mouth and grill in gloss black to help enhance the carbon lip (what i must say is great quality) but its the badge and lines either side im unsure what to do with. At first i was going to smooth them out but then think the lines follow on nicely with the bonnet ones and if i smoothed the badge out to it may look a little 'to smooth' what would you guys go for??!

Be great if anyone could find a picture with a Z fitted with the early model bonnet but with smoothed out lines and badge iv tried but failed :thumbs:

Then theres the sideskirts, iv decided on the nismo skirts but to make them slightly different i may smooth the line that runs just above the buldges all the way through the skirts, would you agree?!

Then my final decision is whether or not to lacquer the roof? I know this divided opinion when i first did it some liking it and others not.

Decisions decisions eh :lol: anyway ill shutup now and show you some pictures :D

phonepics003.jpg

phonepics010.jpg

As you can see rather close getting it on the wood chocks, god know how ill go on with the skirts on

phonepics006.jpg

phonepics013.jpg

phonepics021.jpg

phonepics015.jpg

phonepics005.jpg

phonepics004.jpg

phonepics011.jpg

phonepics016.jpg

The line in question i think it'll look loads better smoothed out not sure if anyones done this before?!!

phonepics019.jpg

phonepics009.jpg

And while i had the wheels off i gave them a really good clean and wax came up B)

phonepics017.jpg

phonepics007.jpg

phonepics008.jpg

phonepics018.jpg

Picture of the carbon wrapped roof for those who havent seen it

Picture110.jpg

Picture101.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My view James for what it's worth

Smooth out the badge and the lines on the bumper

gloss black the mouth but not the grill

No comment on side skirts .... would have to see one first

lacquer the roof

That's gonna be B)

PS I want some wheels like yours

Does this mean I may be able to come and see you sooner? :teeth:

Afraid not buddy original bumpers back on and im booked in at the bodyshop first week of april so the fourth is fine ;)

Should look tops James. Don't think anyone has filled in the sideskirt lines, should be a nice wee tweak.

Thanks Andrew and thats what i thought but may be wrong sure someone will post a picture up with them done somewhere either here or US what do you think about lines and badges on bumper? if i had your bonnet then id def be smoothing them out but think they follow on quite nicely!!

Very nice James, will be looking good for this season B)

When I looked into getting the Nismo sides, Phil said they were no lower than stock, so you should be fine with clearance on them. As for the line, I think it would look good with it deleted, or maybe paint below the line black and above it colour matched to the car, I've seen that before and it looks good. But smoothed would definately look good.

Still not sure on clearcoating the roof. I think it would be a lot of effort to get it deep enough to flat back to give a glass like finish. Maybe get the shop to try it on a small piece if you can get hold of some to see how much effort it is and if it will even work.

Well James, I often look at my skirts (USDM Nismos) and think it'd look better with the line smoothed so I'm with you on that 100%.

I'd be tempted to smooth the front but it might look too smooth. Mine is very smooth and I like the look but I know it divided opinion at the time I fitted my bumper.

My view James for what it's worth

Smooth out the badge and the lines on the bumper still unsure may look to smooth can any1 find any done?

gloss black the mouth but not the grill not the grill wont that look a little stupid :lol:

No comment on side skirts .... would have to see one first find me some pictures then because id like to aswell ;)

lacquer the roof think im going to if the bodyshop can do it there not sure as the wrapping isnt smooth

That's gonna be B)

PS I want some wheels like yours You make me able to buy them ;) if i decide to stretch my pockets for some volks

Very nice James, will be looking good for this season B)

When I looked into getting the Nismo sides, Phil said they were no lower than stock, so you should be fine with clearance on them. As for the line, I think it would look good with it deleted, or maybe paint below the line black and above it colour matched to the car, I've seen that before and it looks good. But smoothed would definately look good.

Still not sure on clearcoating the roof. I think it would be a lot of effort to get it deep enough to flat back to give a glass like finish. Maybe get the shop to try it on a small piece if you can get hold of some to see how much effort it is and if it will even work.

There def lower chris as there'll run the same height as what my splashguard shows but all the way down i thought about maybe bottom half black but then it may look daft with the front carbon, not sure!!

exact view i have on the roof to chris it may be very expensive and by the end of it just look black instead of carbon as that much lacquers on and i wont be able to achieve the 3d depth of real carbon anyway

Well James, I often look at my skirts (USDM Nismos) and think it'd look better with the line smoothed so I'm with you on that 100%.

I'd be tempted to smooth the front but it might look too smooth. Mine is very smooth and I like the look but I know it divided opinion at the time I fitted my bumper.

Funny you should say that stew as its your front end (without sounding a ****) thats making me think maybe i shouldnt smooth the front as yours looks good but then think the lines could look good to following on.

If no one else has smoothed the skirts in the UK ill def do it :lol:;)

Should look tops James. Don't think anyone has filled in the sideskirt lines, should be a nice wee tweak.

Thanks Andrew and thats what i thought but may be wrong sure someone will post a picture up with them done somewhere either here or US what do you think about lines and badges on bumper? if i had your bonnet then id def be smoothing them out but think they follow on quite nicely!!

I don't mind the Nissan burgers too much, although some people are apparently snobbish about it! :lol:

On my V1 front bumper the sideskirt line is continued across the bottom of it above the splitter, but as it appears to be virtually invisible above the CF on your V2, I think you'll be fine to get rid of it.

As for the line, I think it would look good with it deleted, or maybe paint below the line black and above it colour matched to the car, I've seen that before and it looks good.

i thought about maybe bottom half black but then it may look daft with the front carbon, not sure!!

What about carbon vinyl wrap below the line with the same vinyl as the roof?

As for the line, I think it would look good with it deleted, or maybe paint below the line black and above it colour matched to the car, I've seen that before and it looks good.

i thought about maybe bottom half black but then it may look daft with the front carbon, not sure!!

What about carbon vinyl wrap below the line with the same vinyl as the roof?

but then id have the wrapped matt carbon on the side real carbon on the front so may look a little odd :lol: think iv decided all one colour and smooth line out on the skirts its just the bumper that im not sure on still :wacko:

Smooth everything imo, I think it would improve the sideskirts no end and the front end would look better without the badge as well. Loving the carbon roof as well :thumbs: Not sure what to do with the front bumper though, follow your instincts :lol: