Damnn..Focus RS is a quick thing!!

jerry3167

TBH in the looks department, if you took away that roof tip spoiler and Bonnet, it wouldnt be cool at all, The Zed has it all without fancy body kits, spoilers.

Mr Rtbiscuit speaks a lot of sense, no matter how you dress it up, a Focus is just that! Its the car or hatchback Nissan should have built ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair tho, it is an amazing piece of engineering! Not all of them are chav chariots, but the RS turbo and the cossi lumps gave the car brand a bad name! As is the same with nissan!! Oh u drive a nissan, is that the same as a micra! The car, although a focus isn't just a standard car! Its an all out mental machine. I agree it should have been 4wd. But its still an awesome car!

Don't be so snobbish guys!

We complain when porsche/bmw/audi owners dismiss the 350 for being a nissan, and nothing else.

So we shouldn't do the same to other marques. Respect a good car. To your criteria or not :)

:clap: I'd have an RS in a second.

if ford want to build a performance car they should leave the focus alone, and let it be a family shopping cart.

instead go back to the days of the rs200, and make a revamped model of that.

now that would be a car to buy

Ford policy is to build only "world cars" i.e.a few shared platforms applicable to all markets ....... you'll never ever get the likes of an RS200 again ....so if you like em ... buy one

in fact Ford are presently considering the Mustang to be one of the next platforms to become a world car .... at the expense of the Ozzy Falcon

if ford want to build a performance car they should leave the focus alone, and let it be a family shopping cart.

Ford policy is to build only "world cars" i.e.a few shared platforms applicable to all markets ....... you'll never ever get the likes of an RS200 again ....so if you like em ... buy one

in fact Ford are presently considering the Mustang to be one of the next platforms to become a world car .... at the expense of the Ozzy Falcon

i'd have ot see what they do with the next gen mustang platform, but i don't hold high hopes, its unlikely you'll find me in a yank tank unless i've hired one

i'd have ot see what they do with the next gen mustang platform, but i don't hold high hopes, its unlikely you'll find me in a yank tank unless i've hired one

+1 ....It certainly won't be spectacular

If the RS was 4WD it'd be great. I see them a lot here and they look great BUT I just think FWD is a bit crap. I don't care what fancy diffs and fancy named suspension is in place. FWD with big power is just wrong.

With 4WD it's be brilliant!

I agree, it should have been 4wd. However lets be honest here, for 90% of drivers, they would be able to get much better performance out of a FWD car than a RWD car.

I may be letting myself in for some flaming, but on a recent track day (which was wet i have to add) i was probably one of the slowest drivers there. All but 2 cars were FWD or 4WD. For the average driver, they're going to struggle to get the most out of a RWD car. On the road too... having to slow down at roundabouts while crappy CTR's can floor it round them without even a second thought about it...

If the RS was 4WD it'd be great. I see them a lot here and they look great BUT I just think FWD is a bit crap. I don't care what fancy diffs and fancy named suspension is in place. FWD with big power is just wrong.

With 4WD it's be brilliant!

+1 :thumbs:

Must admit I wanted the FRS to be 4WD too at first, but then I realised that Ford did exactly the right thing by keeping it 2WD: All that extra weight needed would've blunted the performance and added thousands onto the cost of the car, and as they've now proved it really doesn't need 4WD to keep 300bhp usable in FWD. FWD can be very fun in the right car (Clio 182 Cup springs instantly to mind as one of the best driver's cars I've ever driven, and it's certainly got a much better engine than the Zed in) so to write it off just because of that seems a tad short-sighted IMHO.

I think they're fantastic, and see them more as a budget M3 than anything else. Think about it: All that power, the looks and the handling AND you can chuck the kids in the back? Sounds like a bargain to me, along with the fact that it's still a Focus so repairs and parts will be sensible money.

I like the engine on the new ones too - Nice 5 pot warble, bit like the old schoold audi quatro's :)

essentially it is based on the designs volvo got from audi many moons ago, albeit matured and changed through the years.

i suppose in some sense it being FWD keeps it "safe", keeping to the family car idea...

it is a great car but i dont think its for you if your looking for a sports car. the main problem i had with my focus ST is its soulless. same with an M3 etc. the zed however :teeth:

i suppose in some sense it being FWD keeps it "safe", keeping to the family car idea...

it is a great car but i dont think its for you if your looking for a sports car. the main problem i had with my focus ST is its soulless. same with an M3 etc. the zed however :teeth:

I must admit I do like the look and styling of the RS and when our neighbour nips out in his I do always stop and admire the car leaving B) ..........but has anyone ever bought one or seen anyone driving one that didn't have a family??? It is still a safe family car and who wants that???

I agree, it should have been 4wd. However lets be honest here, for 90% of drivers, they having to slow down at roundabouts while crappy CTR's can floor it round them without even a second thought about it...

RWD may be trickier than FWD. But there's no way a CTR or any fwd car should out perform on the exit of a corner/roundabout. You just need to be a little less ham fisted with the throttle, and maybe get some new tyres :)

i'd still have an alfa GTA over a focus

a mate had one at work, owned it 6 months and spent 4k keeping it repaired :lol:

but f**k me sideways it was fast :scare:

if i had to go FWD hot hatch i think thats what i'd get, its just a bit more grown up, but still completely insane :teeth:

Like Ekona says, clios etc are awesome as FWD. 100% agree with that.

Things like an Astra VXR or Vectra VXR etc are pants as they try to squeeze too much power through the front wheels.

Keep the power low and the fun high in FWD! :thumbs:

To reiterate though, the focus RS looks awesome!