Damnn..Focus RS is a quick thing!!

jerry3167

Was at the traffic lights where I live, when up pulls this Blue 09 plate Focus RS.

No one behind and no one in front. Could see he was the "Traffic Light" Grand Prix type of bloke behind the wheel, so rather than take his bait i just pulled off normal, low revs, as he matched and rolled alongside! So in 2nd gear I dropped it hard to just pull away fast, and he goes!

OMG he matched me for about 300 metres. At the next Lights, he gave me a thumbs up and drove off :lol: As hard as the Z pulls in 2nd gear, that Focus is one quick torquey beast.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so quick to say "just a focus"

It's no ordinary focus. Certainly not to everyones taste, but it looks mental and is a 26k car with 300+ bhp.

I am pleased to hear that it was close run thing.

What year Z are you running?

04 Plate, Lightened here and there, low miles.

I should also point out, that I dont support Street racing! :thumbdown:

This at best was a spirited drive alongside the RS, im sure if we stopped, we would have had some light hearted banter about the very short drive ;):lol:

...and not "pink slips" or green as i imagine we would call them in the uk :p

I should also point out, that I dont support Street racing! :thumbdown:

This at best was a spirited drive alongside the RS, im sure if we stopped, we would have had some light hearted banter about the very short drive ;):lol:

...and not "pink slips" or green as i imagine we would call them in the uk :p

racing for V5C slips :band:

Oh i respect its power dont get me wrong, i just cant help to remember when a family friend had one of the first must have been 10 years ago, and very quickly they became estate agent cars, very much like the mini now....

.....common as muck! :p

hardly common as muck! 4501 MK1's were made (approx), not that many. and the limited number that will be on the road of Mk2's

Oh i respect its power dont get me wrong, i just cant help to remember when a family friend had one of the first must have been 10 years ago, and very quickly they became estate agent cars, very much like the mini now....

.....common as muck! :p

hardly common as muck! 4501 MK1's were made (approx), not that many. and the limited number that will be on the road of Mk2's

I didnt mean the RS, i mean the general focus, must have been a ton more then that, and i wouldnt say the rs looks all the different IMPO, but then again each to thier own. (i wouldnt buy one)

but would you want to be seen in a focus.....

True, Its just a Focus, and theres plenty of them on UK roads, the Zeds Rarity is priceless :thumbs:

I'd say the Zed is far more common on the roads than the new RS.

But the the RS just looks like a pimped focus... which a car that must be more then 10 years old now...

i did my race license in an RS, new one, in a family blue colour :)

felt good, seats are excellent, didnt understeer but was trying to oversteer instead which in some peoples eyes might be a break through in science (although also possible in a 1983 pug 205gti) but for me it just felt wrong, steering and putting power through the same wheels in something that is trying to oversteer isnt brilliant, not my cup of tea

I suspect in a straight line it would be close, but i dont like going in straight lines that much ;)

Poor little Focus taking alot of stick.

Nice car that I look at and think "Nice motor". A Z though I look at think "ooooooooh yummy"

Difference between a pretty coupe and a hatchback I guess. Focus is an amazing piece of machinery but just comes across IMO as bit ordinary. Maybe a bit unfair.

I think they should have taken the Golf R route and produced a subtle all-wheel drive all-weather B-Road killer. But I guess Ford have always been shouty cars. It would have annoyed the Impreza dudes if nothing else.

As always horse for courses. Hats off to Ford for producing a fast practical car; just try and make it pretty too.

Bradders.

i dont really think the new focus RS could be described as ordinary!

the massive bodykit and huge iron board of a wing, i have been the co-pilot in one and its amazing, (not as good as the zed mind)

i personally drove and considered the Focci ST to buy but it just didnt float my boat enough but the new RS is a wicked machine. sounds, looks and goes like a beast.

Sparky

never liked fords, never liked the old ones don't like the new ones, regardless of shape, model form or function. its a chav chariot.

common shopping trolley on roids. you can stick halfrauds bits on a dump a trick diff in it and paint it a funky colour and its still a ford, its still a family wagon, and it still powers the wrong wheels.

imho a performance car should be 4wd or rwd

front wheels are for steering ;)

i admire the engineering but i don't like fords :thumbs: