0-60 times

Nuno

I tried doing 0-60 a few times as quick as I could but the fastest I could do it was 6.8secs, just using 1st & 2nd gear, but I'm sure its supposed to be around 5.9secs. What times do you guys manage to get 0-60. One of the problems I did have was that between gear changes the rear of the car was kinda like 'fishtailing' pretty fast, like a tankslapper on a motorcycle...anyone know why? This did contribute to the slow time. I have a standard roadster. I'm thinking it maybe to do with 3mm tread on the rear tyres

Another quick question, my handbrake needs tightening, tried to drift but using the handbrake made no difference what so ever. Also the car rolls back when it's up so I need to park in gear. Is it a simple job to do?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll never replicate the 0-60 manufacturer times on a road car unless you drain it of almost every fluid it's got and are prepared to destroy the clutch and driveshafts. Unless of course it's a new fangled thing like the 997 Gen2 tubby with launch control you can actually use and stuff.

I was just doing this as a one time thing as I just wondered how fast my car really is. I've never drifted before, and would normally never attempt to do so but I am changing my tyres next week so thought why not give it a go once, on private roads of course wouldn't want to get into trouble doing so. But has anyone normally had the same problem when the rear end wobbles a lot between gear changes?

I tried doing 0-60 a few times as quick as I could but the fastest I could do it was 6.8secs, just using 1st & 2nd gear, but I'm sure its supposed to be around 5.9secs. What times do you guys manage to get 0-60. One of the problems I did have was that between gear changes the rear of the car was kinda like 'fishtailing' pretty fast, like a tankslapper on a motorcycle...anyone know why? This did contribute to the slow time. I have a standard roadster. I'm thinking it maybe to do with 3mm tread on the rear tyres

Another quick question, my handbrake needs tightening, tried to drift but using the handbrake made no difference what so ever. Also the car rolls back when it's up so I need to park in gear. Is it a simple job to do?

I am so not buying your car second hand! :p

I am so not buying your car second hand! :p

Just what I was thinking!!

Oh and 0-60 times are done without using the clutch.... just slam it from 1st to 2nd... Only ever tried it in a rental and never in a car I owned!

Op, its prob your tyres (or wheels if your aftermarket!)

you'll probably find its a mix of your tyres and driving style, sounds like your being to violent and and heavy with you gear change and throttle control, the key with the zed is smooth.

as for drifting with the handbrake, sounds like you watched Tokyo drift last week. you've got a v6 RWD car with a shed load of torque, and if your tyres aren't very grippy at the moment, then power oversteer should be a piece of pi$$. need to have the traction control off as well.

my recommendation, if you want to practice this technique and your private road isn't long enough. that you go and do an activities day. usually run on an airfield, costs about £40. loads of space and nothing to hit, and you can find out what your cars actually capable of. not only that but if you ask nicely the instructor will come out with you and give you some instruction as well.

usually do something like a high speed bend challenge, then onto several different sprint courses, and sometimes finish off with a giant course layout.

In cold weather it's normal for traction to break on full throttle gear changes, does it 2nd - 3rd sometimes too.

Clutchless changes shouldn't do any harm if you shut the throttle, it causes the same action as depressing the clutch (this is logic from my time spent on bikes - can't see why this wouldn't apply on a car).

On a bike i rarely use my clutch on upshifts, don't try it going down the box though.

Oh, and drifting with your hand brake?? Do you mean hand brake turns by any chance?

you'll probably find its a mix of your tyres and driving style, sounds like your being to violent and and heavy with you gear change and throttle control, the key with the zed is smooth.

as for drifting with the handbrake, sounds like you watched Tokyo drift last week. you've got a v6 RWD car with a shed load of torque, and if your tyres aren't very grippy at the moment, then power oversteer should be a piece of pi$$. need to have the traction control off as well.

my recommendation, if you want to practice this technique and your private road isn't long enough. that you go and do an activities day. usually run on an airfield, costs about £40. loads of space and nothing to hit, and you can find out what your cars actually capable of. not only that but if you ask nicely the instructor will come out with you and give you some instruction as well.

usually do something like a high speed bend challenge, then onto several different sprint courses, and sometimes finish off with a giant course layout.

do they have a wet section so you dont fook your tyres when playing?

I can normally smell a troll a mile away... and i dont think Nuno is one. Give the guy a break... :thumbs:

When i first got my zed i had some issues on upshifts from 2nd to 3rd causing fishtails... it turned out to be tyres and the cold weather.

Also, as others have said, you dont need to use your handbrake for drifting... drop into 1st, turn the wheel and floor it lifting the clutch quick.