0-60 times

Nuno

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i bloody well hope so! but I guess it depends on what they do to the gear box

That ones got a claimed top speed of 149.. ;) 5mph more than yours...

Guessing you had a strong car out of the factory... maybe you should get it back to honda so they can check it out and make some modifications to the mugan to get that up to 164...

No offence but your not being very nice, sometimes maybe you should take a guy at his word. Now I don't know you from Adam I'm sure your a nice guy, same as you don't know me. I don't lie, I have no reason to. I know what my old car could do. I'm sure the new mugens are capable of more and I'm sure in the near future we will find out.

going on stats from the press isn't always good, japanese cars do have a habit of under quoting. doesn't the new R35 do way more than the factory says. i'm sure i remember clarkson saying "he's the speed limiter" and the car kept pushing through. (might have the wrong car)

I'm not someone who would regularly thrash out his own car especially when I saved up for a while to get this. I have never even attempted to drift before and know how costly it is on tyres, as I am changing them this would have been a good time to try it once. Tried for 2mins or so on private area couldn't do it very well, so gave up. The 0-60 also a one time thing too and jus tried it twice.

Back to the 0-60 in a Zed topic.

My NA Fairlady ST with a few breathing mods (RSR,Y pipe, decat, Kinetix plenum, CAI Popcharger) - had a recorded 0-60 of 5.1 in a 1/4 mile sprint.

My present 400bhp/354Ib.ft UK Supercharged Zed with a hell of a lot more performance mods could just manage a 0-60 of 5.4 secs on the same strip of 1/4 mile.

A lot is down to how you get the power down on the road. Thats why 4WD cars tend to have faster 0-60 times. For the record to try and address the SC Zeds traction issues I have fitted R888's and hope to have my Kaaz diff finally in shortly.

Back to the 0-60 in a Zed topic.

My NA Fairlady ST with a few breathing mods (RSR,Y pipe, decat, Kinetix plenum, CAI Popcharger) - had a recorded 0-60 of 5.1 in a 1/4 mile sprint.

My present 400bhp/354Ib.ft UK Supercharged Zed with a hell of a lot more performance mods could just manage a 0-60 of 5.4 secs on the same strip of 1/4 mile.

A lot is down to how you get the power down on the road. Thats why 4WD cars tend to have faster 0-60 times. For the record to try and address the SC Zeds traction issues I have fitted R888's and hope to have my Kaaz diff finally in shortly.

solid kaaz?

If you do lots of 1/4 wouldnt it be wise to invest in a launch control system? some of them look pretty cool.

cant wait to go see you drive that monster :clap: Mondello is a good track with lots of twist!

solid kaaz?

If you do lots of 1/4 wouldnt it be wise to invest in a launch control system? some of them look pretty cool.

cant wait to go see you drive that monster :clap: Mondello is a good track with lots of twist!

Kaaz come as a 2 way diff - though I'll be running it as a 1.5 way to make it more driveable on the road.

My Avatar is actually the Zed at Mondello - hope to give it a proper run a few times this year.

I won't be going down the road of Launch control - I'm hoping the extra traction from the R888's and the Kaaz will be sufficient to see me into the 4's for the 0-60 sprint and the late 12's for the 1/4 mile. The standard viscous diff is really pants for getting power down esp when you add FI.

solid kaaz?

Kaaz come as a 2 way diff - though I'll be running it as a 1.5 way to make it more driveable on the road.

My Avatar is actually the Zed at Mondello - hope to give it a proper run a few times this year.

I won't be going down the road of Launch control - I'm hoping the extra traction from the R888's and the Kaaz will be sufficient to see me into the 4's for the 0-60 sprint and the late 12's for the 1/4 mile. The standard viscous diff is really pants for getting power down esp when you add FI.

not the master of diff's but think they do 1,5 / 2 or solid ;-)

was going to go down this weekend but Z is without ecu at the moment so that didnt happen, nice and crisp today would have been perfect around the track :bounce: 4's is silly fast anyway

(I'll beat you on the bike though)

Well i had my 2 litre Civic upto 164! I think a 3.5 V6 can do a tad more lol

yes, the speedo may have said 164 but up at that area the error is multiplied so its more like 145. use a sat nav next time your on an airfiled :thumbs:

He did... He said his speedo said 167.. and his satnav said 164....

Well i had my 2 litre Civic upto 164! I think a 3.5 V6 can do a tad more lol

yes, the speedo may have said 164 but up at that area the error is multiplied so its more like 145. use a sat nav next time your on an airfiled :thumbs:

He did... He said his speedo said 167.. and his satnav said 164....

sorry missed that bit :thumbs: