0-60 times

Nuno

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there is law or legislation that they can be upto 14% over but ARE NOT allowed to be under the speed or vice versa?? under over up down left right lol if they are a car will fail it's safety review and the manufactures will face a fine.

my altezza is about 10km/h off...100+ the whole way until it hits the restrictor. the Z i think is BIT better not not much, to be honest though they built that in so you couldn't sue the manufacturers for speeding issues.

Yep, thats the considered opinion..

The tolerance for Speedometer readings is 10% + 2mph over read of speed. The is no tolerance for underreading speed.

Tyre wear, pressure and tyre and wheel size will all give innacurracies

As the others have said, speedo's are allowed to over-read but not under-read. Most over-read it by about 10% to take into consideration of different tyres/wheel combos a manufacturer may put on the car, some will be closer to the mark than others. This is why coppers typically give you a 10%+3MPH margin on your actual speed before fining you. My Zed is about 5-10MPH out when going 100-140MPH.