snow troubles

Marios

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I left work at 3pm to miss it all. Got home at 4pm, snow started at 5pm. Pretty well timed as it goes. Beats the 10hrs I spent getting home before xmas when the snow came :headhurt: We've had about 1.5" so far, but its not heavy yet, thats meant to come around 8pm :surrender:

We've had quite a lot of snow fall in Leicester today .... The main roads aren't too bad but the side streets are a knightmare!

I've just got home from work which took an extra 45 minutes due to the driving conditions .... don't think I'll risk going out again unless it's urgent ...

I had a bit of sideways actions earlier ... not fun when you don't intend to do it ..

I think it may be helpful if the news mentioned which areas werent hit. I am driving home tomorrow and will be sticking to the A1 and M62. Should be ok I think. :)

Yeah, stick to the west side. The A66 over the Pennines is closed a lot at the min.

25 miles back home starting about 15.00..... off the motorway onto main roads ....... ESP off .......off main road into village.......... big sllde down the hill in the village (luckily had the road to myself) ........ rocked her into driveway .............. all tucked up now till it clears

post-5517-135011870371_thumb.jpg

Left the z at home last night as I saw the weather forecast,took the girlfriends instead.It's funny how I can prepare for the weather but the sodding council can't grit the roads.

I finished work at 6am and normally takes 10 mins to get home,finally got in this morn at 8.15am.

Absolute nightmare.

been like that in Teesside since before Xmas :cold: - have had to park car up a few times when I couldnt even get up onto my drive - The 350z in the snow is very interesting drive :wacko:

Still the works carpark when coming in for nights or first thing in the morning when very few cars about is a right skid/drift fest :yahoo:

Do you drive with the traction control on or off in this weather :wacko:

I've used my zed for work the past two days...to say it's been interesting weather to get to know the car in is an understatement!!

In my MR2 I used to get much more traction with the weight over the rear, plus there was the added bonus that stacking the car into a kerb wouldn't have bothered me too much...I had cheapie rims on and spares are abundant, especially this time of year!!

In the zed I don't feel as much in control...it's a bigger, heavier car and it's either being bogged down by the ESP or trying to spin me round with the ESP off!! At the end of my road I have to turn right onto a slight incline and I've struggled on this both days.

It's same every time it snows, sidestreets are a nightmare but once you get onto a clear main road there's no problem at all...and by that time the seats have warmed up!! :D