The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Name: Valentine (Or Spud (Cause he has a niose like a jacket potato) Wiggles (Cause he wigggles when he happy)....Fay Jai (Cause he a tubby git)

Type: Rescued Chinese Shar Pei

Likes: Going in the car, Food, cuddles, food, growling when I say my moms name, food, sleeping, food... Henry (See below)

Dislikes: People!, Hi Vis Jackets, Squirels, rabbits, tomatos...

Day we got him

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC06727.jpg

DSC06774.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

The other week

val1.jpg

His best mate who stays with us alot!

henry1.jpg

Hey Zazur, is that cat sitting on your lap a Lilac or Cinnamon Siamese or Burmese or an Abyssinian? It's a bit hard to see in that pic.

Passed, as got squashed by a neighbour up the road :rant: and thrown into our hedges on our fenceline a couple of years ago.

Brand: Feline terror - rat, mice, possum, stoat, bird etc, killing machine. :lol:

Model: Lilac point Siamese

Answered to: Yow yow - adopted us after our previous blue Burmese died of old age.

Liked: Being odd, well he was Siamese, what do you expect. :lol: Depleating the local rats, mice, birds etc. Super affectionate, purring machine.

Herbie.jpg

(He put himself in the sink).

Then we purchased Herbie a Lilac Burmese (leaving out it's swanky catery name :lol:), unfortunately he also was hit by another neighbour and left on the road to die as I rolled up about 2 minutes later as a neighbhour who saw it happen helped me pick him up, then rush him off to the vet as he was struggling to breathe. Died on the vets table from massive head trauma. Two in a row, so haven't got another one yet. :byebye:

Now we have what's known as the lesser variety Rent-a-cat - otherwise known as a Cinnamon Burmese. It belongs to the neighbour 1km over the paddock, but he wanders the whole neighbourhood like he owns every house in the general area.

Cat.jpg

• Like 1

Names: Archie (Boxer) Susie (King Charles)

Dislikes: fireworks,foxes

Susie 2

Dislikes: fireworks, Squirrels and Foxes, vets

Both named after people out of Balamorry the kids TV program

DSC01514.jpg

Digsy, is Scrappy part collie, german shepard, jack russell?

We think german shepherd, some kind of terrier (loves to "kill" any thing that squeaks) and beagle. Definitely too dozy to have any collie in him! :lol:

she is the funniest shape cat! little stumpy legs! But cute! :lol:

edit: just realised what it is - its the white back legs - looks like she's wearing wellies! :lol:

yes, she's quite short with short legs but a big stomach that hangs down!! she likes her biscuits too much! :lol:

she's a very demanding cat!

Here's our best friend -

Name: Corrie

Breed: Border Collie

Likes: running, water, running, sticks, running, long walks, running

Dislikes: loud noises, fireworks, strangers.

When we got her...

IMG0055.png

Typical activity...

PB090006.jpg

Leisure pursuit...

P5260075.jpg

Names: Smudge(left), Max(right)

Eats: Whiskas pouches. About a box a day.

pets001.jpg

could be thyroid gland. Makes them eat loads but not put any weight on. In fact may even loose weight. Had 2 cats suffer from it. Especially as they get old. Treatable with tablets

• Like 1

the wife is currently doing some work at the PDSA. These and many others there are looking for homes if anyone is interested.

phoenix.jpg

Phoenix, is a lively, ten-year-old crossbreed who lives with his brother and their elderly owner. He loves nothing more than a nice, long walk and being let off his lead for a run.

But in May 2007 Phoenix was diagnosed with diabetes after his owner noticed that he was drinking and passing water in excessive amounts even finishing off the water in another pets bowl!

millie.jpg

Millie the cat is 13 and has diabetes too and another rare disorder without treatment could prove fatal.

Both these cuties are PDSA sponsored pets whose owners love them but cannot afford vet bills.

You can sponsor one of these guys or many others at http://www.pdsa.org.uk/petsponsorship.html

For £5 a month. They will never get better - they all suffer from long-term conditions. But with the right treatment they could live happy, healthy lives for years to come.

Do my 296 horses tethered outside count on this thread :surrender:

Easy to train - respond beautifully to a quick jab of the right foot

Although they drink a fair bit, other nourishments needed are negilable

Respond well to a good wash down, scrub up and pampering

Minimal cost to keep fully healthy

Extremely compliant when out enjoying some of the countries best exercise areas

Always give me a big a :teeth: when letting them off the leash

Seem to attract very favourable looks and comments

Like most things that get older worth less than bought, but the enjoyment factor has more than made up for that. :)

Hey Zazur, is that cat sitting on your lap a Lilac or Cinnamon Siamese or Burmese or an Abyssinian? It's a bit hard to see in that pic.

Hi Bronzee,

she was a Lilac Point Siamese called Pywaket and acted more like a dog than a cat. She also ruled the house over the Red Setter and the Try Colley. She also loved swimming in the sea :wacko:

Hi Bronzee,

she was a Lilac Point Siamese called Pywaket and acted more like a dog than a cat. She also ruled the house over the Red Setter and the Try Colley. She also loved swimming in the sea :wacko:

She looked a good colour too. B) Some of them aren't quite as Lilac'y as they should be. :lol: Know what you mean about the four legged Lilac fiend ruling the house and behaving like a dog sounds very familiar. :lol:

OMG - want a Sharpei now - he is soooo gorgeous :wub:

Great dogs, loyal but need a firm hand to start with (but they dont always listen and can be stuborn... did someone way dogs are like their owners!!!)

But, they are not cheap dogs to run.... I would say we have been lucky, hes only had plastic surgury twice (at a cost of 4k.... Because we got some eye drop from the vets when we first got him, the pet insurance wouldnt pay out when he needed his 1st eye lift....) Skin has been very healthy but is quite amusing when he looks moth eaten when he blows his coat once or twice a year... And he get swollen hock, a swelling of the lower 1/2 of his back legs, knocks him out for a few days, raging temperature, sickness etc, but we know what causes it (long walks and too longer rides in a warm car) so we dont do it. If it comes along for another reason then a couple or piriton and a few asprins over a day soon sort him out and he is back to his bounding self!!

But like my Zed, I would recommend one to anyone!! Thinking about getting another one (dog!!) as i couldnt deal with not having one around if and when he goes... Just hope the next one will be as lucky (and a bit more friendly to strangers!!)

OMG - want a Sharpei now - he is soooo gorgeous :wub:

Great dogs, loyal but need a firm hand to start with (but they dont always listen and can be stuborn... did someone way dogs are like their owners!!!)

But, they are not cheap dogs to run.... I would say we have been lucky, hes only had plastic surgury twice (at a cost of 4k.... Because we got some eye drop from the vets when we first got him, the pet insurance wouldnt pay out when he needed his 1st eye lift....) Skin has been very healthy but is quite amusing when he looks moth eaten when he blows his coat once or twice a year... And he get swollen hock, a swelling of the lower 1/2 of his back legs, knocks him out for a few days, raging temperature, sickness etc, but we know what causes it (long walks and too longer rides in a warm car) so we dont do it. If it comes along for another reason then a couple or piriton and a few asprins over a day soon sort him out and he is back to his bounding self!!

But like my Zed, I would recommend one to anyone!! Thinking about getting another one (dog!!) as i couldnt deal with not having one around if and when he goes... Just hope the next one will be as lucky (and a bit more friendly to strangers!!)

its shocking the way selective breeding has damaged these animals and others. such a shame. i had dalmatians and the kennel club stated that if they didnt have the correct orientation of spots they should be put down, :thumbdown: disgracefull

Something that Shar peis dont really suffer from as they are one of the only breads that have been around for hundreds of years and as such unchanged. Apart from they were almost wiped out by the chinese communists when there was a ruling and tax based on the number of dogs... Certain traits are looked for when breading but not required... They are still seen as a type of utility dog so they have their traits for a reason... back in days of old they were seen as a working dog that had many uses, guarding, cattle hearding (its the reason they have folds in their skin so if trodden on they dont get their bones crushed). But because of some of the traits they were used by chinese royality for fighting... And are seen that way now... but this, as a lot of dogs, is down to how they are trained and bought up by their owners...

But I have to agree with you on the selective breading of other dogs, alsations with sunken gaits, spaniels with sculls too small for their brains, ridgebacks with a form of spina biffida.... I watched that BBC prog with great sadness and couldnt understand why the breaders couldnt see the wrong in what they were doing... Also a very good friend is the Health and Breeder Services Manager at the KC... he says the KC are trying to make changes but the breaders arnt interested...

Something that Shar peis dont really suffer from as they are one of the only breads that have been around for hundreds of years and as such unchanged. Apart from they were almost wiped out by the chinese communists when there was a ruling and tax based on the number of dogs... Certain traits are looked for when breading but not required... They are still seen as a type of utility dog so they have their traits for a reason... back in days of old they were seen as a working dog that had many uses, guarding, cattle hearding (its the reason they have folds in their skin so if trodden on they dont get their bones crushed). But because of some of the traits they were used by chinese royality for fighting... And are seen that way now... but this, as a lot of dogs, is down to how they are trained and bought up by their owners...

But I have to agree with you on the selective breading of other dogs, alsations with sunken gaits, spaniels with sculls too small for their brains, ridgebacks with a form of spina biffida.... I watched that BBC prog with great sadness and couldnt understand why the breaders couldnt see the wrong in what they were doing... Also a very good friend is the Health and Breeder Services Manager at the KC... he says the KC are trying to make changes but the breaders arnt interested...

:thumbs: i wasnt implying shar peis are particularly bad :) just medeval style process that remains today throughout the world is :thumbdown: things are getting better thoguh :D people like your mate at the KC and informed owners make all the difference.

nix: im sure you can, it was probably done in the past and thats where women came from :rolleyes: so we all have something to look at :teeth: