The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

OMG - want a Sharpei now - he is soooo gorgeous :wub:

Great dogs, loyal but need a firm hand to start with (but they dont always listen and can be stuborn... did someone way dogs are like their owners!!!)

But, they are not cheap dogs to run.... I would say we have been lucky, hes only had plastic surgury twice (at a cost of 4k.... Because we got some eye drop from the vets when we first got him, the pet insurance wouldnt pay out when he needed his 1st eye lift....) Skin has been very healthy but is quite amusing when he looks moth eaten when he blows his coat once or twice a year... And he get swollen hock, a swelling of the lower 1/2 of his back legs, knocks him out for a few days, raging temperature, sickness etc, but we know what causes it (long walks and too longer rides in a warm car) so we dont do it. If it comes along for another reason then a couple or piriton and a few asprins over a day soon sort him out and he is back to his bounding self!!

But like my Zed, I would recommend one to anyone!! Thinking about getting another one (dog!!) as i couldnt deal with not having one around if and when he goes... Just hope the next one will be as lucky (and a bit more friendly to strangers!!)

its shocking the way selective breeding has damaged these animals and others. such a shame. i had dalmatians and the kennel club stated that if they didnt have the correct orientation of spots they should be put down, :thumbdown: disgracefull

Kennel club are bunch of twunts - have they stopped advocating docking yet?

• 2 months later...

Oh my god Vik, I just checked back, they must have went to the same school of cat snobbery! I note that you say he likes to terrorise the cat next door, Milly does that too - likes to think she's the boss round here but is a big wimpy softy really - I reckon they'd get on just fine :lol:

My Rogues gallery of Rotherhams Feline Fiends: Collectively these bad boys have accrued more ASBOS than a Pikey in Peckham

Thomas a.k.a "Long Legs":

The Night Before:

tomdrunk.jpg

The Morning After the night before:

oldlonglegs.jpg

Tabs and Brian "The Basher" Duff

tabsbrian.jpg

Grandma Stella, fondly named after Belgians finest before it lost its .2%

penc.jpg

and Roland "Roleydog" Davis, Undefeated Feline Featherweight Champion of the world.

rollydog.jpg

I did have a little Dave but he fell fowel to not having learnt his Green Cross Code :byebye:

I have 2 Springer Spaniel bitches. Tails docked and i wouldnt have them any other way.

The reason for the tail docking on working dogs is simply to protect the animal from suffering any damage that is caused by them retrieving from dense shrub and gorse bush, if they had a tail they would rip it to shreds causing great discomfort, something that docking when done properly and at puppy stage does not compare to.

Ok can kind of understand it for working dogs with long hair - but the for that argument to stand up fully they'd also need to be completely shorn whenever working.................and other working dogs - labs and retrievers - do not get their tails docked for this purpose.

my pups are always trimmed :) i can see it from both sides for and against and being completly brutal and honest here, i will get slammed for this.

But some breeds benefit aesthetically from being docked IMO, imagine a boxer with a tail

My sis has two labs the only good reason i can see for them being docked is to prevent them from smashing my glass of wine when its on the coffee table

tails should only be docked on an ACTUAL working dog, the reason for this is simply the lesser of two evils. if you chop a dogs tail off for any other reason i will come and chop your **** off ;)

:D

:lol::clap:

Boxers look great with tails - even happier than usual. Anyone who could ever advocate docking for aesthetic reasons needs to get their heads looked at :rant:

tails should only be docked on an ACTUAL working dog, the reason for this is simply the lesser of two evils. if you chop a dogs tail off for any other reason i will come and chop your **** off ;)

Boxers look great with tails - even happier than usual. Anyone who could ever advocate docking for aesthetic reasons needs to get their heads looked at :rant:

i didnt ** that out :lol:

i didnt ** that out :lol:

:lol: moderated again dawg

Ah well i knew i wouldnt be popular with that one, but each to their own and as long as i love my dogs and they love me im happy. :)

they are currently sprawled belly up on my Cream sofas :scare: there worth it though B)

im not saying you dont love or care for your dogs. just dont chop any more appendages off eh ;)

Ah well i knew i wouldnt be popular with that one, but each to their own and as long as i love my dogs and they love me im happy. :)

they are currently sprawled belly up on my Cream sofas :scare: there worth it though B)

im not saying you dont love or care for your dogs. just dont chop any more appendages off eh ;)

Just on the argument of this and the way its gone, would you prefer selective breeding to produce a dog that has a shorter tail or a tail thats docked at 3 days old in a painless fashion? I have seen badly docked dogs but I have seen lots of dogs that have been docked and they dont seem unhappy or are missing something.

Not advocating docking at all, am more for let nature take its course, but it happens and always will cause we all have our own opinions :shrug:

Just on the argument of this and the way its gone, would you prefer selective breeding to produce a dog that has a shorter tail or a tail thats docked at 3 days old in a painless fashion? I have seen badly docked dogs but I have seen lots of dogs that have been docked and they dont seem unhappy or are missing something.

Not advocating docking at all, am more for let nature take its course, but it happens and always will cause we all have our own opinions :shrug:

i dont think any selective breeding should happen as it promotes very unhealthy genetic traits. why should you choose between the two??!!?? the dog doesnt NEED the tail docked unless its actually working! if its working then yes when its v young do it to prevent very bad damage in future.

Name: Ginger aka Ginostics, Gino

Make: Feline

Model: Sunset

Likes: Attention, being stroked, outdoors, frijj bottle sealers

Dislikes: Loud noises, being trapped in one room, sudden movements

Name: Domino aka Chunkster

Model: Kuro

Likes: Food, sleeping on people, tape measures, frijj bottle sealers

Dislikes: Fireworks, the hoover, cod flavoured cat food

Name: Clowie aka Old Girl

Model: Custom; black, brown & white

Likes: Attention, shelf above the radiator, sitting on laptops

Dislikes: The others getting more attention than her, waiting for food

All came from rescue homes and are now happy although Gino still gets scared easily and is nervous around people outside having been abandoned in an alley.

Ginger with Cat Nip:

PB140042.jpg

Domino:

PB140026.jpg

Domino with Cat Nip:

PB140024.jpg

Clowie:

PB140028.jpg

Ginger & Domino with a Frijj thingy:

PB140007.jpg

All 3:

P1040909.jpg