Important NewsFlash (Please Read)

Beavis

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was this the guy with the TT build that never posted any photos or dyno data?

9bf3003a.jpg

/\

Pic from his build thread ... I dont know this guy at all but this looks a very serious build!

It does seem a good build (whether the parts are new or not is another matter :lol: )

It does seem a good build (whether the parts are new or not is another matter :lol: )

Purely because TDi know what they are doing ;)

:lol:

He seems to have gotten pretty sound advice from Sharief aswell ;)

Well done guys, have to say this guy was the reason we wondered off to other places.

Jeeeeeebus! Was this Val character really that bad? :scare: I just looked at his Zed on Zclub. Shame really, it looks like a nice motor. I bet it's a lonely place in Zed exile! :tumbleweed:

Well done. :thumbs:

Is there any way you could build in a "get verified" part of the site like PayPal has?

If people have "verified ID" on their profile we know they can pretty much be trusted (provided name, address and land line, which will never be given out in the public domain and stored on secure server) - it would only be optional though like PayPal (you pay say £1 and a letter gets sent to your home with a unique PIN and you put the PIN code into the forum to verify you are who you say you are). Then again, why let just 1 person ruin it for the rest of us?

Just a thought...

Is there any way you could build in a "get verified" part of the site like PayPal has?

If people have "verified ID" on their profile we know they can pretty much be trusted (provided name, address and land line, which will never be given out in the public domain and stored on secure server) - it would only be optional though like PayPal (you pay say £1 and a letter gets sent to your home with a unique PIN and you put the PIN code into the forum to verify you are who you say you are). Then again, why let just 1 person ruin it for the rest of us?

Just a thought...

thats just a chore tbh and will lessent he nuber of members joining. still, has its benefits i suppose

Just a thought...

thats just a chore tbh and will lessent he nuber of members joining. still, has its benefits i suppose

Just get yourself along to meets, then everyone knows who you are and you know them. You get to build up a circle of who to trust.

Its a usual case of buyer beware. We cant moderate what happens in private (PMs, emails), only what is posted up, so if someone approaches you outside of the public view, you have to ask yourself why, and if something isnt right, report it to the team. Shame as its not something I have experienced on here before, but it is a pitfall of all forums - paid for membership or free.

And if people aren't happy with something that is being posted you can highlight it by using the report function. Do it by clicking on the exclamation mark (top right of the post beside quote) and the team will take action.

I know this isn't directly related to this incident however if Chilli (or others) didn't like the posts being made then they could have highlighted it to the team. What I find offensive might be different to what you find offensive.

On a personal note I have had dealings with this guy in the past and I have personnally met him at my home and we have also exchanged views on his FI build.

I personnally have no issues with him what so ever. :)

Maybe I was lucky.

As Stew has said the report function is your friend. :thumbs:

On a personal note I have had dealings with this guy in the past and I have personnally met him at my home and we have also exchanged views on his FI build.

I personnally have no issues with him what so ever. :)

Maybe I was lucky.

As Stew has said the report function is your friend. :thumbs:

I am glad you popped your head over the parapet first Alex - have to admit that although I have been around this forum for over 3 years, my only contact with Val was after the Spring 2007 Wales run when he took time out to ask June & I about the event and our ZED.

Just seems a shame that someone, who is clearly a 350Z fanatic, chose not to accept a majority decision of all those who give up their spare time and a lot of their own money to make this site what it is - the way it has grown confirms that majority decison was the right one and I for one shall be ever grateful as it has given so much pleasure :):thumbs:

Frankly, it does the job so well that I don't bother with other ZED forums (even if I had the time that is unlikley) as the 350-uk community is such a great place to be and long may it go from strength to strength. :clap:

+1 Colin but that speaks volumes about the great people we have on this forum and of course the mods :thumbs:

don't let 1 person spoil others enjoyment of the club folks. As Colin says best way is to go to the meets and see the 3 headed monsters in the flesh :lol:

Has anyone thought about inviting him back.... i know this sounds a bit hair brained... but he is obviously interested and he came back under another name. maybe inviting him back under the condition that he posts under his real name, and maybe he might bring his domains with him... if he hasn't ripped anyone off, and any parts sold were not dodgy, then maybe its a case of turning the other cheek. may be extending the hand of friendship might be whats needed.

i'm not a party t all the information so maybe it might be a case of just letting him go, and releasing the hounds after him.

do i get my ip checked now :lol:;)

Val you are probably reading this and getting great joy out of the annoyance you have caused, you always craved attention even if its negative. Just to let you know, you are the biggest C%CK Ive ever known, congratulations, you have achieved it, the C%CK award goes to you, what a sad sad life you lead, whilst we all move on, youll no doubt still be struggling to pay for the mods on your car, and whats further sadder, is there be noone to appreciate your mods as hardly anyone likes you, so from the bottom of my heart Id like to say if your turbos blow up and you catch fire and Im nearby, I wouldnt even p!$$ on you, you sad sad little tw@. :D

It should be noted that I think everyone got on with Val at some point or other, and the one dealing I had with him was nice and he was friendly. But he also has a much unfriendlier side which (un)fortunately most people havent had to deal with, but the admin and mods on here have had first hand experience of. He left the forum and vowed never to return, which he didnt honour, and even more underhand he was here unknown to us and using the forum to sell parts. This was (and is) unacceptable in anyones books and so he was quite rightly removed.

It should be noted that I think everyone got on with Val at some point or other, and the one dealing I had with him was nice and he was friendly. But he also has a much unfriendlier side which (un)fortunately most people havent had to deal with, but the admin and mods on here have had first hand experience of. He left the forum and vowed never to return, which he didnt honour, and even more underhand he was here unknown to us and using the forum to sell parts. This was (and is) unacceptable in anyones books and so he was quite rightly removed.

Well put Chris.

Agreed :)

There were times where I actually agreed with what he said :blush:

:scare::ban:

Although I agreed on his view not to buy cheap wheels, as I wouldn't, nor tyres. Although I didn't agree that paying for wheels over 25 yrs via a remortgage was the best thing to do either :lol:

Although I agreed on his view not to buy cheap wheels, as I wouldn't, nor tyres. Although I didn't agree that paying for wheels over 25 yrs via a remortgage was the best thing to do either :lol:

PMSL :lol::lol::lol: god knows what he had to do to buy his turbos lol :lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

Yes there were bits of information and some contributions that were useful.

My own personal view (not speaking for any of the team here) is that the running of this place is an awful lot smoother now than it was before. Apparently it was going to be "interesting times ahead" when he left.

We now have over 40,000 visits per month, 6000 unique visitors, near as makes no difference 650,000 page views, and hits from 72 countries and every continent on the face of the planet.

Individual "hits" as counted by other more common stats counters that dont distinguish individual pages instead of items runs in excess of 10 Million hits per month, on busy days (Monday) this peaks at around half a million in a single day.

Im fairly confident weve done OK without his input so far. ;)

Of course it wouldnt have existed in the first place without him though.... honest. Though given as myself and Neo built it, and Martin (not martinmac) bought the first server, I struggle to grasp that concept.