Important NewsFlash (Please Read)

Beavis

All,

Recent postings by one individual have struck a remarkable resemblance to a former administrators posts. This caused us to initiate an investigation for the protection of our members as outlined in our T's & C's.

Results Below:

It has come to our attention that a former member who left this community has re-registered and been posting here for some time (over 1 year) using a different username. The individual has also been trading with members of this community privately under false names. The original account of this individual had the username TheMinel, the "new" account is 350Zedinburgh.

This individual has made his position quite clear in the past as to what he thinks of our community, in his own words referring to it as "spam filled and chav ridden" , along with the recent "discussions" over the 370z-uk.com domain name. Given these previous demonstrations of respect (or lack thereof) toward our community, the administration team took the extraordinary step of investigating any and all actions undertaken by this individual on our community, in the interests of protecting all other members from potential abuse.

As noted in the terms and conditions of access when registering on these boards, we have reviewed the raw contents of our database and noted all activity made by this member.

This individual has been using our messaging systems to privately trade with members of our community. We do not know how many of these trades were completed, as we are not in a position to investigate the "other side" of the conversation, our investigation is limited to the contributions made to our database by the one individual.

The individual has provided false names to others when conducting these trades or offering parts for sale, on more than one occasion providing a female contact name. This is not within the spirit of the community, and indeed we would question the need as to why a false name/identity should be provided when making transactions.

It is conceivable that some people may have concluded trades with this person that they may not have wished to, had they known the true identity of the individual they were dealing with. If this is the case, we would suggest any affected individual who is unhappy at this contact either their solicitor or the police for further advice.

On one occasion a member of this community was directed to a sale post on another forum and the sender of the message here (the individual in question) claimed not to know who the seller was on the other forum. They were in fact the same individual.

We class this kind of deception as a serious infraction of our rules.

As such, the team have unanimously decided to remove this individual from our boards with immediate effect.

We are also aware that this individual has also registered on another UK forum using the same alias, and the individual in question is also registered on other large Z communities around the globe.

Given the above, we would strongly suggest any forum/club review whether this individual can be trusted to act/post/trade in an appropriate manner within their community. If the terms of access of any particular organisation permit, we would also suggest investigation as to whether this individual has also been trading under false names within their community and take any action they feel appropriate.

Should any police authority request a copy of the database or specific information within, we are obliged to provide this to them. A copy of our database prior to the deletion of this member has been taken should this become a requirement.

Regards,

The 350Z-uk.com management team.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was quite shocking when we discovered it. I myself was of the opinion that it couldnt be the same person according to the IP logs that are available for all the posts, and stated as much previously.

Unfortunately the more thorough search revealed that the action had been going on for some time, and it was the same person. Whether the false registration was done out of vindictiveness, spite or just boredom we do not know, but whatever the motives for the action, they could not be allowed to continue on the board. So the unanimous decision for removal was taken.

Apologies if this has left any members threads a little disjointed, but we hope it is understood why we felt it necessary to carry out the removal.

I'm bored of typing about what a low life this individual is.

I was one of the first to realise what a **** he was, and clashed on many many occasions with him, resulting in me nearly getting banned for it. At least everyone else can now see what type of a person he is..............

Unfortunately this is always going to be one of the problems with having a free and open forum you tend to get all sorts on here. You see the same with all the local cruise sites. Sites that you have a premium membership for helps filter out all the cr@p.

On another note, I know this guy has upset a few people on here but he has one hell of a build thread on my350z.com

Quote my comment from 370z-uk.com Domain name thread:

"He's probably a member under a pseudonym enjoying watching people gettin p!ssed off."

:lol:

Same bloke I take it?

Yup.

Correct Danny :thumbs:

Yep he does have a heck of a build going on. Just a shame he will never be welcome in any 350Z community to display it. Had he been open and honest about his return, things may have been different, after almost two years bygones could have been bygones pottentially (although it would have taken a lot of work).

Coming back and giving false names to effectively hide who you are is not the way to make a return.

Other UK communities have been in touch to offer their support and have advised they too will be on the lookout - it seems this behaviour is not appreciated within th Z community full stop. Boundaries between clubs fade away for the overall greater good.

Beavis for Prime Minister :clap:

Just to reiterate this is a team decision and the whole team was involved. It was up to one of us to post up the announcement. :)

So please the credit is for the whole team.

so does it look like he'll be booted off every Z community in the world?

I wouldn't have thought so, unless he has broken the rules specific to any particular forum/club/community.

Our removal of this individual is not to be seen as a guide as to what others do - who are we to suggest that? We are merely advising of what has happened on our forum and suggesting others consider if this is the type of person they want within their community.

They may want them, they may not. Even if they dont, unless there are specific grounds for removal, we wouldn't expect people to go round banning members just because we have :) Each community is responsible for its own management. :)

Its probably safe to say there wont be an abundance of Z communities in the UK willing to tolerate this individual now, and possibly even less prepared to park their car on the same stand...

Beavis for Prime Minister :clap:

Just to reiterate this is a team decision and the whole team was involved. It was up to one of us to post up the announcement. :)

So please the credit is for the whole team.

OK - Beavis for PM and the rest of the team for Cabinet positions :lol:

OK - Beavis for PM and the rest of the team for Cabinet positions :lol:

Does that mean I get expenses? :teeth::yahoo:

As the others have said, this was a unanimous decision by the team when we saw what was happening. Absolutely shocking behavoir.