Important NewsFlash (Please Read)

Beavis

On a personal note I have had dealings with this guy in the past and I have personnally met him at my home and we have also exchanged views on his FI build.

So you knew he was on here under a false name?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there were bits of information and some contributions that were useful.

My own personal view (not speaking for any of the team here) is that the running of this place is an awful lot smoother now than it was before. Apparently it was going to be "interesting times ahead" when he left.

We now have over 40,000 visits per month, 6000 unique visitors, near as makes no difference 650,000 page views, and hits from 72 countries and every continent on the face of the planet.

Individual "hits" as counted by other more common stats counters that dont distinguish individual pages instead of items runs in excess of 10 Million hits per month, on busy days (Monday) this peaks at around half a million in a single day.

Im fairly confident weve done OK without his input so far. ;)

Of course it wouldnt have existed in the first place without him though.... honest. Though given as myself and Neo built it, and Martin (not martinmac) bought the first server, I struggle to grasp that concept.

Are there Zed's in Antarctica? :thumbs: I bet they have interesting meets! :lol:

On a personal note I have had dealings with this guy in the past and I have personnally met him at my home and we have also exchanged views on his FI build.

I personnally have no issues with him what so ever. :)

Maybe I was lucky.

As Stew has said the report function is your friend. :thumbs:

I am glad you popped your head over the parapet first Alex - have to admit that although I have been around this forum for over 3 years, my only contact with Val was after the Spring 2007 Wales run when he took time out to ask June & I about the event and our ZED.

Just seems a shame that someone, who is clearly a 350Z fanatic, chose not to accept a majority decision of all those who give up their spare time and a lot of their own money to make this site what it is - the way it has grown confirms that majority decison was the right one and I for one shall be ever grateful as it has given so much pleasure :):thumbs:

Frankly, it does the job so well that I don't bother with other ZED forums (even if I had the time that is unlikley) as the 350-uk community is such a great place to be and long may it go from strength to strength. :clap:

My sentiments exactly :D A gerat forum to be in

:drive1

What exactly are you implying ?

Ok, just to clarify that Val / 350ZEdinburgh did nothing wrong publicly. It was after investigation that he was found to be doing dubious things via PM.

So whoever knew had no obligation to tell the team as Val was above board on his forum posts.

It was investigated as he fell back into his old posting style which raised alarms and caused investigation.

No other member did anything wrong in my opinion.

What exactly are you implying ?

it seems

"in the past"

would be the key bit here :thumbs:

:cold: guys :)

Unfortunately this is always going to be one of the problems with having a free and open forum you tend to get all sorts on here. You see the same with all the local cruise sites. Sites that you have a premium membership for helps filter out all the cr@p.

On another note, I know this guy has upset a few people on here but he has one hell of a build thread on my350z.com

It's open for a reason, that's how we want it. Paying for it makes no difference, even idiots have money.