How much do you pay on insurance??

chrisjones6699

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently on the hunt for cheaper car insurance too as my renewal is coming up in the next few weeks ...

29 Years old

1 Years NCD

No Points

License held since November 1998

My renewal came through at £1300 ... Which seems a bit high considering it was £1050 last year when I had 0 Years NCD ..

61 years old

Last made a claim in 1997 when my car was stolen and recovered with superficial damage (my only claim ever)

No Points in the last 30 years (they were called endorsements back then :lol: )

Full license since 1969

Rural Location

£470 with Axa (protected) No Under 25's £300 excess

Caroline

Last made a claim in 2002 (Non Fault)

No points ever

Full licence since 1992

£480 with Lloyds TSB (protected) No under 21's £500 excess

We are both named drivers on each others cars :thumbs: .

Pete

• 1 month later...

2005 GT

12 yrs no claims

Garaged

Manchester postcode

Intake manifold mod (plenum spacer)

ECU Uprev reflash mod

1 x SP30 conviction (3 points)

15 years experience driving performance car

Adrian Flux £945 (not impressed with the price but struggling for insurers with mods)

Import roadster

9 years no claims

Garaged

Fully body kit

20" alloys

Engine mods

Engine bling

£650 Sky Insurance. :clap:

I got knockbacks from Chris KnoT and Sky.

One said they don't insure that kind of car in a Manchester postcode and the other said they're not accepting new customers with that car due to the high volume of claims.

Not sure which is which.

I was with Chris Knott last year and just moved to Sky so not sure what to say. Did you go to them direct and tell them you are from a car club? Might be worth dropping Ollie (Sky) or Chris Knott a PM to see what they can do.

I mentioned to both that I was from the 350z UK forum.

Copied from another post of mine,

24 with 6 years ncb, both cars on drive!

I used to have just the z insured with them (admiral) for 10,000 miles a year and cost me £1,500.

I now have the same z insured with them on a multicar policy with 5k miles for £520 and my new pug 107 with 20,000 miles for £213

So a total of over double the miles and it's less than half the price for two cars?

One said they don't insure that kind of car in a Manchester postcode and the other said they're not accepting new customers with that car due to the high volume of claims.

Not sure which is which.

Just to clarify, my company have an issue insuring in 'M' Manchester postcodes, we do not have a problem insuring 350Z's. :thumbs:

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Just insured mine and I'm a speacial case (The wife is always saying "Your Speacial you are" :dry: )

I moved my FULL NCB onto my company van (Why? - It's my company!)

I have a 2nd commercial vehicle 3 years NCB

Named driver on wife's car - entitles me to 1 year NCB

1 non fault claim in the last 5 years (4x4 reversed over, yes over - he got his back bumper as far as the windscreen before the suspension collapsed!!! :wacko: I have photos somewhere)

42 years young :wheelchair:

Trying to insure my Zed from Monday - You can transfer your personal NCB to a company you CANNOT transfer it back :rant: be warned!!

After calling the world and then reading this topic I tried Sky Insurance -

Discount as I found them here! :thumbs: I have to send them a copy of my current insurance as proof of at least 3 years NCB, they gave me an introductory offer to reflect this and another £20 "take it now"

£620 Fully Comp me and the wife

FYI Next closest was Admiral at £680

Discount as I found them here! :thumbs: I have to send them a copy of my current insurance as proof of at least 3 years NCB, they gave me an introductory offer to reflect this and another £20 "take it now"

I dont understand that. Sky came back with £1400 for me fully comp on my Z, with 18 years ncb and nearly 40. Its not as if i live in brixton or anywhere, so puzzled as to the logic these companies use!

:thumbs:

You'll find me at the ened of a PM if you have any queries.

Kind regards

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I dont understand that. Sky came back with £1400 for me fully comp on my Z, with 18 years ncb and nearly 40. Its not as if i live in brixton or anywhere, so puzzled as to the logic these companies use!

Although we are competitive for the majority, we cannot be competitive each and every time unfortunately, as much as we would like to be.

There would also usually be a reason why we are uncompetitive, I am happy to look at your details and see if I can see a reason why, feel free to PM me your surname and postcode if you would like me to do this.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I Have no idea why yous is so high in comparison - My broker who does all the other motors couldnt get below £750 odd and that was if I deposited my kids as security (tempting) but I also had quotes over £1k, All I can say is shop around and good luck.

I Have no idea why yous is so high in comparison - My broker who does all the other motors couldnt get below £750 odd and that was if I deposited my kids as security (tempting) but I also had quotes over £1k, All I can say is shop around and good luck.

Thanks, in the end I got it for 750quid from Adrian Flux. Its due for renewal in November, so i`ll phone around again and see what the companies will offer me then.

The only thing I can think of is, that ive 3 points from last year on what is otherwise a clean license. Maybe being married with kids rather than me being just common-law also helped? Who knows.

I am happy to look at your details and see if I can see a reason why, feel free to PM me your surname and postcode if you would like me to do this.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Cheers I will give you a bell again in Nov when my current policy expires and see what you can quote me then. In theory it should be loads cheaper as by then id have had 8 months experience of driving the zed with no claims. Although I am not sure if insurance companies actually take that into consideration?

Having a bad old time sorting insurance out.

Current best quote after many moons of searching is with Admiral for £1,500.

30 male, 3 points for motorway speeding, no no-claims.

I live in Manchester. That seems to be one of the biggest problems.

My issue is that I have been riding sports bikes claim free for 4 years, but that doesn't get taken into account by any insurer. Complete b****cks if you ask me. If there is one thing that gives you road awareness it's looking out for people trying to kill you on each and every motorbike journey. :bang:

Most of the other companies were repeatedly trying to charge me £6,000 with a £3,000 manditory excess!

I have a history of performance cars too, but lost my no claims as I didn't insure a car in my own name for 2+ years.

just re insured the S2000 its a higher bracket than the Zed found out this year several insurers weren't taking on new s2000 clients apparently its a high risk vehicle as people keep crashing them.

managed to get £650 with a shed load of extras with 4 years no claims and 2 accidents about 4 years ago. 1 my fault 1 not.

not as cheap as i'd like but the car is modified and i got like for like cover with adrian flux, i tried chris knotts but no one was there on a saturday morning. weekedns were the only time i can sort it. so adrian flux got my business this year.

have been with admiral for the last 4 years and although their quote was similiar to adrian flux for the extra £10 i was happeir as they did like for like and unlimited mileage plus a few other extras that admiral weren't doing.

honda.gif

Just renewed the M3 (Group 20), 27 years old, 2 year NCB, my girlfriend (3 pts) on the policy and a big(ish) claim 2 years ago...................................................................£670.

Not bad! That's with bell by the way. :thumbs:

R