How much do you pay on insurance??

chrisjones6699

I found putting my mum on the insurance reduced it by around £100+ - looks like my renewal is going to be £288 this time round for 30yr & 7+ NCB in Hampshire. Even tho my mum hasn't driven it this year it saved me £98 :)

I keep reminding my mum she still needs my permission to drive it :lol:

I'd sooner pay the extra than say on the phone my mum drives my car!! :lol:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea i think is that by having other people that are less risk than you on the policy, less of the milage is covered by you and so less overall risk. its all about risk you know ;) (its all a lie really and they would never even get to hold the keys :lol: )

think im paying too much too

22 years old (21 when i got it)

1 year no claims

driving nearly 5 years

no claims, speeding etc

always insured in my parents name before the zed

£1600...with my mum on there to bring it down

Im 22 and my insurance is free!! :yahoo: Beat that!

WHAT, does ur dad pay for it or something...

I'm jealous

Kind of. But not in a spoilt way. I work on the family farm and all our vehicles are covered on a fleet policy. So theres 3 tractors, a quad, land rover, brothers car, parents car and my 350z. It doesn't them any extra to have my car on there.

Got to be some perks to working everyday of the week for stupidly long hours! Im really lucky, I wouldn't be able to afford the 350z otherwise.

350z + farm :headhurt: off road Z :scare:

Is it a tarmac'd farm? if so can i use it to play on :teeth:

Its good for pulling the horse box ;) . Im always trying to get the lane concreted or tarmaced falls on deaf ears though. I was very worried the first time I drove it down the lane if it would scrape the bottom on not.

Its good for pulling the horse box ;) . Im always trying to get the lane concreted or tarmaced falls on deaf ears though. I was very worried the first time I drove it down the lane if it would scrape the bottom on not.

i know this is blasphemy but i think a removable tow hook would be handy :blush:

i know this is blasphemy but i think a removable tow hook would be handy :blush:

Huuh how could you!

Admiral

3 year no claims

3 points for speedin

20 year old

£1300

mum and dad on policy

pretty good price bud :thumbs:

depends on alot of things i guess, milage, excess, I live in a place with 0 crime rate in god knows how many years. Mum brought it down 200 i think. dad aboout 100. Cheaper if its on your drive than a locked garage :wacko:

all i know is, im dam lucky to be able to insure a Zed at 20 :drive1

40 years old

8+ years no claims discount

Underground secure car park

No mods to declare

Protected No Claims Discount

£225 Fully Comp with Admiral

Just goes to show if you phone them at the right time!!??

I am older than you :thumbdown: & had multi car policy with Admiral both cars with 9yrs ncb & protected bonus

They quoted £550 for roadster & £250 for a car I show being 11yrs old

I am now with Budget but still nearly £400

Both cars are due in September, will be interested in what Chris Knott has to say

:drive1

Grandad here :wheelchair: , living on the edge of Greater London with no garage pays just over £300 with protected NCB, legal and mods cover, to Admiral. I find it quite odd (in a funny sort of way) that road tax is now way in excess of the insurance premiums although when I told the customer services agent I had made no claims in over 40 years of driving (other than windscreen replacement) I think she fell off her chair. God knows how much I have paid car insurance companies over the years :headhurt:

I just phoned CK for a quote and i was told that they cant give me a quote because my policy is still being used on my old car (I kept it when i bought my 350) and the NC are "being used" and cant be transferred?! Surly that's not right!? I haven't made a single claim in all the time i have been driving and surly that's all that matters?