Jump to content

Jacked Up 370?


ibrakeformoose
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Loadmaster said:

Why are you not taking that very good offer? Are WBAC not aware of the Cat D situation?

 

And surely someone can be found to drive it to your local branch if push comes to shove... If I were local I'd do it for you!

My wife will drive it but I can guarantee 100% that inspite of me telling them its on the register, and them saying on email 'that's fine, our offer stands', they'll hammer my wife on it. I can't drive for a while yet, so have limited options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, coldel said:

Do you have any pics of the cat D damage? Often that really helps reassure a buyer and also gives them some chance of selling it on in future. It would help with the sale. 

 

Otherwise I think you might have to swallow the bitter pill and go trade? Bagging the car is going to be expensive and in reality it wont add any sell on value to the car if you intend to move it on later down the line. 

All the parts and panels still have the original VIN sticker on them, except the driver's side wing, bonnet and bumper.. I suspect they wrote it off due to the gravel chippings on the original Rays.. I sold three off but kept the 'worst' one back to show any prospective buyer how harsh the assessor was.

 

I'm going to get the car jacked up this weekend to see if it makes any odds to get into it, if it doesn't it'll just have to go, but if it does I'll pull the trigger on a bag set up.. the car's too good to give away and I had intended to keep it for years but didn't count on two of my vertebra exploding..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Where have you got it advertised for sale? Tbh even as a Cat D at that price I’m amazed someone hasn’t sniffed around it. 

I stuck it on ebay but had nothing but traders and losers.. 

 

Depending on how this weekend goes, I'll either sell to the trade, try Autotrader or stick it in an auction.. none is a good option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ibrakeformoose said:

My wife will drive it but I can guarantee 100% that inspite of me telling them its on the register, and them saying on email 'that's fine, our offer stands', they'll hammer my wife on it. I can't drive for a while yet, so have limited options.

At the end of the day, you are perfectly entitled to walk (drive) away from any subsequent revised offer that WBAC shove under your nose on the day.

 

Has to be worth a punt. You'll likely be a few thousand pounds better off than taking the other options. 

Edited by Loadmaster
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Loadmaster said:

At the end of the day, you are perfectly entitled to walk (drive) away from any subsequent revised offer that WBAC shove under your nose on the day.

 

Has to be worth a punt. You'll likely be a few thousand pounds better off than taking the other options. 

Very true.. if nothing else I can report back exactly what happens with WBAC!

 

Watch this space..

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ibrakeformoose said:

All the parts and panels still have the original VIN sticker on them, except the driver's side wing, bonnet and bumper.. I suspect they wrote it off due to the gravel chippings on the original Rays.. I sold three off but kept the 'worst' one back to show any prospective buyer how harsh the assessor was.

 

I'm going to get the car jacked up this weekend to see if it makes any odds to get into it, if it doesn't it'll just have to go, but if it does I'll pull the trigger on a bag set up.. the car's too good to give away and I had intended to keep it for years but didn't count on two of my vertebra exploding..

 

 

Yes unfortunately this is the risk with Cat cars. You can get them cheap but selling on privately is a nightmare, buyers wont go near them unless they are VERY cheap. I just bought a Z4 coupe and there is a gorgeous blue one up for sale, top spec, low miles, and a cat car and hasnt sold in months. Its priced at about 2/3rds of what it should be if it wasnt a cat car and they still cant shift it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Standard price on a non register 17 with 4300 miles id say is around £24k

 

Crash damage pics would help. Youre probably better off than guys who bent their wheels and had structural damage. 

 

I had this hard to sell experience with all Z. I cant imagine one on rhe register. I had a golf on the register. It was a Cat C after a friend of a friend tricked me into buying it. Electric issues, dash not working, abs not working. Cat C

 

Trader offered me £400 after I paid £2400. I sold it for £1000. The trader was mad. Glad I didnt accept his offer. Id never touch a registered car again. Unless you have no plans to sell ever.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Standard price on a non register 17 with 4300 miles id say is around £24k

 

Crash damage pics would help. Youre probably better off than guys who bent their wheels and had structural damage. 

 

I had this hard to sell experience with all Z. I cant imagine one on rhe register. I had a golf on the register. It was a Cat C after a friend of a friend tricked me into buying it. Electric issues, dash not working, abs not working. Cat C

 

Trader offered me £400 after I paid £2400. I sold it for £1000. The trader was mad. Glad I didnt accept his offer. Id never touch a registered car again. Unless you have no plans to sell ever.

 

Yeah, it was never my intention to ever sell it as I bought it with 2,500 miles on it.. after months with no pay (zero hours) and finally surgery (£20k private), I'm certainly tanking, so I'll consider WBAC over the weekend and then take stock.

 

Hilariously, Arnold Clark offered me £50 and they'd pick it up same day..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear....If someone in the family could take it till you recover. Only thing is ppl cant be trusted so worth considering an offer from wbac. 

 

I already bought a Z. Id have considered at that price as i overpaid for my 2012 gt edition. 370 sales have grinded to a halt. Theyre not moving at all and summers coming up.

 

The people who want one in future will regret not buyin one earlier. Prices will go up i know its hard to see right now. If Wbac doesn't work out leave it on Autotrader indefinitely. It may be months but youre on the right side of summer.

 

There have been register nismos etc on Autotrader which sold eventually. Your selling point is the mileage and year. Try get those damage pics to show when ppl come to view

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6'' lift is a lot, this would probably require a full adjustable arm kit as well to keep the geometery setup correct. you can probably get about 1-2'' with bc suspension or similar setup but air suspension and top mount plates and other mods would be required to lift it that high, also the angle of your driveshafts will be out and they also might be streched leading to chance of failure. Bigger tyres as mentioned above helps but it comes with its own problems, tyre scrub on wheelarches, reduced steering angle etc...

 

For an injured back I wouldnt take the risk and buy a different car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/02/2022 at 08:32, GranTurismoEra said:

Sorry to hear....If someone in the family could take it till you recover. Only thing is ppl cant be trusted so worth considering an offer from wbac. 

 

I already bought a Z. Id have considered at that price as i overpaid for my 2012 gt edition. 370 sales have grinded to a halt. Theyre not moving at all and summers coming up.

 

The people who want one in future will regret not buyin one earlier. Prices will go up i know its hard to see right now. If Wbac doesn't work out leave it on Autotrader indefinitely. It may be months but youre on the right side of summer.

 

There have been register nismos etc on Autotrader which sold eventually. Your selling point is the mileage and year. Try get those damage pics to show when ppl come to view

Thanks for that. My wife took it to WBAC and as expected, they underbid other traders at £12,500..

 

I'm considering my options but I really don't want the trade to get it for £15k, so will pop it on Autotrader if no-one meaningful privately gets in touch in the next week.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, evilscorp said:

6'' lift is a lot, this would probably require a full adjustable arm kit as well to keep the geometery setup correct. you can probably get about 1-2'' with bc suspension or similar setup but air suspension and top mount plates and other mods would be required to lift it that high, also the angle of your driveshafts will be out and they also might be streched leading to chance of failure. Bigger tyres as mentioned above helps but it comes with its own problems, tyre scrub on wheelarches, reduced steering angle etc...

 

For an injured back I wouldnt take the risk and buy a different car.

Yes, I think you're right.. its just such a shame to part with it for silly money, but there you go..

 

I don't want reliability issue or aggrevation with aibag suspension, just consider if something were to stop working if I stopped for a coffee when I was out for a drive, I'd be royally stuffed!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was a chap (can't remember the name of his company but his name is Mark) that 'specialises in selling zeds' and offers a commission service for the sale of it. Could be worth a look/chat, someone on here may be able to point out the name of his company.

 

Problem with Autotrader is the amount of test pilots and of your immobile it means your wife having to put up with them!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mikey_S said:

There was a chap (can't remember the name of his company but his name is Mark) that 'specialises in selling zeds' and offers a commission service for the sale of it. Could be worth a look/chat, someone on here may be able to point out the name of his company.

 

Problem with Autotrader is the amount of test pilots and of your immobile it means your wife having to put up with them!

Thanks for that..We're happy to put up with people as there's nothing to hide on the car, and I just need the one person who recognises a bargain to buy it..

 

WBAC came up with £12,500, which, although a p#ss take, at least wasn't as bad as Arnold Clark's £50!!

 

If no-one goes for it in the next week, I'll either take the £15k trade offer or try Autotrader..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/02/2022 at 13:21, ibrakeformoose said:

Thanks for that. My wife took it to WBAC and as expected, they underbid other traders at £12,500..

 

Hang on - your Z is a 67/2017 example?

 

Okay, yours is not a Nismo, so I can only from experience relate to putting my same age 67/2017 Nismo into WBAC and get around £23k. Surely yours can't be worth half that much at WBAC? That's nuts.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Loadmaster said:

Hang on - your Z is a 67/2017 example?

 

Okay, yours is not a Nismo, so I can only from experience relate to putting my same age 67/2017 Nismo into WBAC and get around £23k. Surely yours can't be worth half that much at WBAC? That's nuts.... 

It is what it is.. I'm gutted to have to sell it in the first place.

 

I tried to get into it yesterday but couldn't even duck under the roof on the passenger side, so jacking her up won't work.. she's definitely got to go.

 

Adrian from Torquen is trying to do a  deal with me as he needs a show car for a load of things they have coming up, but as he's offering the same as my local trader (£15k), it seems like that isn't going to work for the hassle in getting it to him etc.

 

I'll see if he can improve on his offer, as I have said he can have it for £15.2k without the wheels (as he's putting different wheels on anyway), which is stupid cheap for the car.. if he doesn't come through, I'll fire it onto Autotrader where it'll be the cheapest and lowest mileage late model in the country by a massive margin..

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/03/2022 at 07:28, ibrakeformoose said:

And don't I know it..


I hate to be that guy but when WBAC offer £12,500, a trader offers £15K and Adrian offers £15K have you considered £15K might be what the car is actually worth?
Sure, it might be the cheapest and lowest mileage 370Z but its also a write off, when there are plenty of other cars out there this is going to affect the value pretty substantially ..........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, docwra said:


I hate to be that guy but when WBAC offer £12,500, a trader offers £15K and Adrian offers £15K have you considered £15K might be what the car is actually worth?
Sure, it might be the cheapest and lowest mileage 370Z but its also a write off, when there are plenty of other cars out there this is going to affect the value pretty substantially ..........

Like I've already said, it is what it is.. I choose not to take Arnold Clark's £50 for it or anyone else's £15k for someone else to make a stack out of it, end of.

 

This has gone wildly off-topic now, so probably best to close the thread, as it was all about jacking the car up to keep it in the first place.

Edited by ibrakeformoose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...