Jump to content
Adrian@TORQEN

New Z confirmed by Nissan

Recommended Posts

Sounds like it could already do with an aftermarket exhaust :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DoogyRev said:

Sounds like it could already do with an aftermarket exhaust :lol:

I thought exactly the same as you! :lol:

 

:thumbs:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like the little Z badge near the gearstick. B)

 

I'm really chuffed that it is being offered with a manual gearbox, and I was worried that Nissan might do a Toyota Supra on us! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it sad that I am hoping for heated/cooled seats and a heated steering wheel? :snack:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will admit that I do quite like the heated/cooled seats in my Roadster! :thumbs:

 

I wouldn't say no to a heated steering wheel though, and I've never had a car with that. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Lee370Z said:

I will admit that I do quite like the heated/cooled seats in my Roadster! :thumbs:

 

I wouldn't say no to a heated steering wheel though, and I've never had a car with that. B)

living in Canada its a must TBH . . . you can't beat nice warm hands on a freezing (-20C) cold day B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MANUAL ‘BOX!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ekona said:

MANUAL ‘BOX!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

And tyre lettering...

 

 

:lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ilogikal1 said:

And tyre lettering...

 

 

:lol:

Can't beat a good looking tyre !!!

 

:lol:

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ekona said:

MANUAL ‘BOX!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Syncro Rev Match still there too

 

I do like those rims to be fair although they are not too different to those on the 370z

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hmale4yu said:

Syncro Rev Match still there too

As long as it’s switchable, then that’s a perfect combo :thumbs:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manual box wasn't an issue all along. Tried and tested at Arizona Proving Grounds and tested at SEMA. Putting some of that investment to good use.  I never drive with the synchro rev off anyway. Short shifter too. I think for the Auto they should offer both paddle shift and tip tronic. It will probably be kept simpler

 

Needs a serious exhaust. It won't sound as glorious as a VQ but we,ll get the pops, farts and bangs. 

 

Might be better of staying stock! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a GPF it’s never going to sound as good even as the 370 I suspect, but hey we all love an aftermarket exhaust anyway! 
 

When you say “paddle shift and tiptronic”, what do you mean? I’ve always considered them the same thing, a manual way of changing gear via the steering wheel. It’ll be paddles not buttons regardless. I just hope the manual outsells turns auto by a hefty margin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ekona said:

With a GPF it’s never going to sound as good even as the 370 I suspect, but hey we all love an aftermarket exhaust anyway! 
 

When you say “paddle shift and tiptronic”, what do you mean? I’ve always considered them the same thing, a manual way of changing gear via the steering wheel. It’ll be paddles not buttons regardless. I just hope the manual outsells turns auto by a hefty margin. 

You remember the older e46 bmw 3 series with the option to change gear on the shifter i.e the 328ci etc. Usually up - forward and down backwards. 

 

In certain cars it would be reversed for shift up backwards etc which is even better

 

Like a short shift sequential shifter. Its the old German auto style before paddle shifts were a thing. 

 

That involved foot on the brake then moving the gear lever to the side where the +/- is. When on the move you dont need to do much except shift the gear lever an inch with the tip of your fingers 

 

In the old mercs it was usually left or right. A bit weird, for the country lanes. My mates 4 series had it as he didnt have paddle shifters, not the Sport version.

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previously suspected a 50/50 chance of live/cgi reveal. I can safely say it most likely be a live viewing at the New Yokohama Pavilion with video footage of it on the move being driven on a road. Interior and Exterior footage and good old presentation!

 

Physical car exists in the flesh as a prototype. Makes me think the car was built a while ago.

 

Happy days

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

You remember the older e46 bmw 3 series with the option to change gear on the shifter i.e the 328ci etc. Usually up - forward and down backwards. 

 

In certain cars it would be reversed for shift up backwards etc which is even better

 

Like a short shift sequential shifter. Its the old German auto style before paddle shifts were a thing. 

 

That involved foot on the brake then moving the gear lever to the side where the +/- is. When on the move you dont need to do much except shift the gear lever an inch with the tip of your fingers 

 

In the old mercs it was usually left or right. A bit weird, for the country lanes. My mates 4 series had it as he didnt have paddle shifters, not the Sport version.

Oh you just mean the option of changing gear by pushing the stick as well as paddles. Waste of time tbh, no one actually uses that when you have paddles as it doesn’t add anything to the experience. Think I tried it twice on my old car, then realised I was missing the point somewhat :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol its more for the people who feel they need an auto because they usually sit in traffic.

 

Manual causes the Long term effects of a strong left foot you now cant use for braking lool. As long as you dont kick anyone with the left foot youre good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ekona said:

Oh you just mean the option of changing gear by pushing the stick as well as paddles. Waste of time tbh, no one actually uses that when you have paddles as it doesn’t add anything to the experience. Think I tried it twice on my old car, then realised I was missing the point somewhat :lol: 

................................................................................................... ^^^ THIS IS TRUE ^^^ ...................................................................................................

Edited by ATTAK Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nissan transmission :shutup:

At least manuals are easier/cheaper to fix. . . 

 

Curious if this will be the first time a Z is quicker in auto than in manual. The 370 was fairly close in 0 to 60 times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

half a second faster 4.5 seconds on the auto. Should be around 4 seconds this time for the auto. Once Litchfield get their hands on it different beast.

 

I think it will be DCT this time. No more Jatco or standard laggy auto

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see why they’d go DCT, the only ‘box they have of that type is in the GTR and it’s always been a bit rubbish. Modern autos (esp the ZF units) are pretty much as good as a DCT unless it’s a full-on super sports car you have. Certainly even I would be happy to have one of those boxes in the car, but you’re right about the older autos in the 350/370 being a little bit pony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

judging by the screenshot they have reused the handbrake from the 370z.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuinely looking forward to this, even though I won't be able to buy one lol  I agree they could have kept it at lower revs for the ad, no one wants to hear 'wheezing' :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, AMT said:

Genuinely looking forward to this, even though I won't be able to buy one lol  I agree they could have kept it at lower revs for the ad, no one wants to hear 'wheezing' :lol:

The world of Turbo..... wheezing, wooshing and heavy breathing. Then again it sounded NA 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

350z-uk.com

370z-uk.com

×
×
  • Create New...