New Z confirmed by Nissan

Adrian@TORQEN

Just now, ilogikal1 said:

Rumour has it that, in acknowledgement of “recent” trends for multimedia entertainment systems in cars these days, along with most of the world’s population moving/having moved away from DVD’s & CD’s (ahem, recent...) in favour of streaming digital media instead and the rise of internet connected in-car entertainment systems, Nissan plan on installing all it’s new models with VHS tape decks from 2021. ;)

I thought Betamax would be a clear winner :lol:

In 2011 I worked in Charity shops. It seemed like people were getting rid of as many VHS tapes as possible. We had 100s come through. Couldn't even offload them for 50p at one point. VHS players would sit around for ages. My guess is they got shipped abroad and sold elsewhere lol. But a Vhs or betamax player will become more expensive for sure

23 hours ago, hmale4yu said:

Colour options and interior will be interesting. 

The outer shell body has been rendered well imo

I think the lights might look better and be more appreciated with the car running/lights active rather then parked 

Did you notice the double lights on the sketch almost like a glass fascia across the whole rear. It will most likely be a cgi render on the 16th. Its being called a prototype. I doubt any interior will be shown

Interior wise id like a slim dash with circular vents and nicer material inside. No cheap plastic. A cleaner center console maybe use some aluminium and better materials, alcantara for leg rest. A screen and AC controls. No more clutter. No cup holder in the way. 

Edited by GranTurismoEra

1 hour ago, ATTAK Z said:

Has it got about 400 PS ? - Is it <£35K ? - I'll take one in Midnight Blue please :)

Adjusting for inflation from when the 370 came out, a price around £45k would be about right. Cayman S is £55k before options, and given the price differences in 2009 between the two I reckon that sounds about right. That said, a 370Z Nismo is just over £40k new now so maybe that’s what they’ll be aiming at. 

That puts it smack in the super high 5 year tax bracket though, which may not be the right way to go. But who knows, after all it’s looking likely to be a 370 with a different engine underneath so given how cheap it’s been to create they may allow them to be flexible with the cost. £39,995 would be ideal. 

Infiniti Q60 3.0ts came to the UK market at £41/42k   as far as I recall and then dropped to £37 ish ball park. So £40k would be prob be slightly optimistic yet realistic figure for the new Z should it be of a similar spec to the Q60 - worth noting of course that Nissan would prob save a fair bit by not having the steer by wire, as many driver safety aids and full upscale leather interior on the new Z compared to the Q60 that it will be based off

£39,999

Thats going to be tough. Priced against a Z40! Its 5-9k cheaper. New Supra without discount is £54,000.

Some stuff to look at . Exhaust note was in the video towards the end. No pops and bangs from the sounds of it like the Supra and Z40! 

At £39,999 and £34,000 as an Ex Demo Id say somewhat of a great price tbh. 

Its a heavy facelift + different engine + slightly better interior for same price I dont think anyone can complain

Its cheaper by £15,000 than a Supra. My honest opinion is that the car will cost £43,000-£45,000 with not much options to choose from as theyll be loaded. Take it or leave it kind of thing.

Ill be shocked if its £39,000

IMG_20200903_163110_889.jpg

Screenshot_20200903_164516.jpg