Nissan Almera NISMO

HEADPHONES

"Elegance redefined".......Me thinks not

You say that, but that's not how I would refine elegance so they've certainly redefined the term.

They've just redefined it in the same way that "literally" was redefined; i.e. to excuse misuse of the word!

And this is why the Nismo brand is dead.

Seems to be a spate of 370z Nismos bought on here recently and for proper money so i guess not to all, alhough I kind of agree, seems they are happy to slap the name on anything, diluting the exclusivity.

I'm skeptical about gaining 50bhp on a 2.0 N/A engine with no VVC.

Particularly because I had a P11 Primera with an SR20DE with full bolt ons and it made 160bhp.

My 350Z only gained 25hp N/A with bolt ons and uprev!

People on the NPOC were swapping DE's for DETs from the states just for 200bhp or boosting their DE. Some had a GTiR swaps.

Edited by TT350

You very right to be, what cams did you have?

I pop'd along to an NPOC rolling road day at HiTech some years back, with panel filter, exhaust, decat, eBay header and afpr made 166bhp - just about normal compared to other SR20DE P11 the same day.

Few months later after swapping out the cams to Tomei poncams, ASP header and lightweight under drive pulleys with ignition advance and fuel pressure regulator optimised I gain 30bhp from the late visit. Same the combination of the cams and header just worked great. My brother who had a Corolla T Sport 190 at the time went back there in the week for a run, mods cat back and blitz panel filter made 189bhp which again is about pretty much bang on.

These hand built ASP headers were a thing of beauty.

SAM_5786.jpg

IMGP0056.jpg

Edited by davey_83

That's a good do then!

I had normal cams as the car was literally disintegrating around the mods I had done.

Major rust. Corroded brake lines, and some 'person' on the NPOC fitted a tow bar. Lol I still have the full custom exhaust in my fallout bunker..err.cellar.

God I hated that forum. EssNchill was like a hormonal teenage girl. He'd delete posts on the basis that he just didn't like the post. Or the person posting it.

I went back on to say hello and mention the Z and what I was doing with it. Deleted it. It was in the "other car" section, too.

Nice job on the 50hp gain.

• Like 1

Yeah AOC and NPOC use to be tight then all had a falling out. Tough to find good forums tbf and even then forums go downhill quick.

The SR20 really opens up with a tune and fast road cams, loved the lumpy idle i had too. I'd of still had mine if it wasn't nicked. Believe it or not even Sunday at the show i had a couple come up to me to say sorry to hear about your GTi, absoluting gutting as it was THE best example of the car for the UK.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Yeah AOC and NPOC use to be tight then all had a falling out. Tough to find good forums tbf and even then forums go downhill quick.

The SR20 really opens up with a tune and fast road cams, loved the lumpy idle i had too. I'd of still had mine if it wasn't nicked. Believe it or not even Sunday at the show i had a couple come up to me to say sorry to hear about your GTi, absoluting gutting as it was THE best example of the car for the UK.

I don't know what went on. I just know EssNchill is permanently on my sh1t list for being a big, fat, aggressive, darts player looking, miserable, girly, spit my dummy out, bottom lip wobbling, moaning, miserable, jaded traffic cop looking, donut quaffing, pint guzzling, drinking whole milk from the carton and put it back in the fridge, cheeseburger sinking, nazi looking, forum shafting, rottweiler smelling, fun squashing gimp and he can kiss my chocolate starfish right in the middle a week post shower after sinking curried beans every night.

Luckily this forum is a good bunch. I think I'm about as low as the tone gets lol.

I never bothered with cams. I read up on them but never came across anyone that did anything apart from JWT and Tomei. I remember seeing an SR20DE from a touring car on eBay once for mental money. At the time turbo kits.com did a SR20DE kit for one of their USDM cars. Sentra I think. But my car got a do not resuscitate stamp on its last trip for an MOT.

Best £500 I ever spent.

Went on to a B18 Civic after that.

Edited by TT350
  • Like 1

^ mate that first bit is funny haha - I like him, even with his candy pink P11 GT haha

Cams wise theres JWT, Tomei, Catcams, Piper, Kent each with at least versions for the roller rocker UK DE.

So you went to the dark side after then, for shame lol

• Like 1

:lol: Thats exactly the reason that SXOC started up, NPOC for some reason wouldnt allow a few 200SX owners onto their stand at JAE so they went and started their own club. That ended up being about 5 times bigger :lol:

• Like 1

I had a Primera that we stuck a turbo on and forged everything and what not, was a cool build.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with NPOC, that's been my 'home' club for 13yrs and in my experience they're a fantastic bunch. I've had others cars in my years but I always go to events with the NPOC guys.

Just to add, your thread saying hello with the zed is still there, not sure why you thought it was deleted:

http://npoc.co.uk/forum/new-old-member_topic76610_page1.html

I've had S13s too and recognise docwra from SXOC, I wasn't one of the big SXOC players but I do remember you always being very helpful and friendly :)

Edited by Stevie-Boy
  • Like 2