Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

^^ Doesnt tell me anything i dont already know, i did the test and confirmed i am voting for the right party for me, however, i would be very curious for someone like tt350 to do this as he says they are all as bad as each other and none of them represent him (not singling tt out but he has voiced his opinion in this thread), if you are talking politicians in general i agree, but you may as well place your vote with a party that echoes your views on the world regardless of views on "politicians" imho.

Ukip were top for me at 70%, but Conservatives at 68%, were you're results similar?

Almost exactly yeah. Took me ages because i was half way through before I realised they choices expanded so had to go back and start again.

Got one from a while back, turns out I was more #teampolarbear than I thought. Better get out and buy some crocs.

With SNP, Plaid Cymru and Shinn Féin filling out my Top 5, I've really surprised myself. I was sure I was pro Union :lol:

IMG_4825.JPG

Con/UKIP for me. No real surprises either.

I suppose most of us know who we are voting for and why, as aliveboy says, i wonder if anyone who filled that out was surprised by the results and would change their vote accordingly.

Con/UKIP for me. No real surprises either.

I suppose most of us know who we are voting for and why, as aliveboy says, i wonder if anyone who filled that out was surprised by the results and would change their vote accordingly.

I don't think I personally know anyone who changes, but there must be loads out there.

I think they've both got supplies of both in spades. Many people wet their knickers when Abbott got her sums wrong, Gove doing the same thing didn't so much as raise an eyebrow in the press weirdly The fact that Boris has been locked in Tezza's basement for the last month tells you they've an oversupply of incompetence, when he's been let out; he did a drinks deal in a Sikh temple and also said the missing Brexit £350m turned up in the back of the manifesto. Yeah, it's not there and no they don't fancy a drink :lol:

Strong and stable. Strong and stable.

• Like 1

I would take arrogance over incompetence any day ;)

But fair play for switching based on policies, it's the smart and sensible thing to do.

I would have respected May if she'd had said "I've made a mistake, sorry" instead of trying to worm out of it but then again its not often you see any politician saying sorry or admitting they were wrong. Apparently Theresa May has a close team around her, only 3 or 4 of her closest allies actually knew what was in the manifesto and many senior Conservatives including Ministers were actually quite angry about her so called "Dementia Tax" I actually liked David Cameron and his sidekick, 5 Jobs Osbourne,he made promises and in general kept them I think for a Tory he was a pretty good PM.I must say though that I'm not at all keen on Corbyn, he's certainly a man of conviction but some of his individual beliefs are beyond the pale TBH. However, apart from the policies, I've taken 2 further things into consideration, Number 1, Corbyn doesn't make the policies, ie Trident and Number 2, I think a big Conservative win would be bad for democracy and for the country in general. Add to that, I live in a marginal Labour held seat, majority around 3,300 with a decently moderate sitting MP. BTW, Labour have held this seat since 1951 (once with a tiny majority of 75) and since then has had just 3 MP's

Pete

I agree it was a policy that was badly worded, however I'm struggling to see what's bad about it. Why should the state have to pay for nursing costs when the person still has assets, albeit tied up in property? That's ridiculous, and it's not like they're even saying they're going to take every last penny either, there will still be £100K left to pass on to your kids. How can that be argued against?

Labour's promise to cut all tuition fees from September will cost the taxpayer £15Bn minimum this year. That's over 10% of the annual NHS budget, to give comparison. So where's that money coming from then? We certainly don't have it hanging around, so there's more borrowing straight away. It's a cavalier and dangerous attitude to have. As I've said before, I have no problem with the policy in general, as long as the economy can support it. We have a rather large Brexit bill to come, it's madness to promise stuff like this.

• Like 2

Really, Brexit is the single most important issue to be voting on right now. Ignore the NHS and education and police and old people stuff, all that will still be utterly broken in 5 years regardless of who gets into power. Brexit will define this country for the next 30 years at least, it's critical we get this right and stand our ground rather than give away concession after concession. I do not believe that Corbyn will be strong enough to do that for the good of the entire country, and I believe that a hard Brexit would be better than the wrong deal (although of course I'd rather have a good deal over either!). All the other stuff on these manifestos is garbage and relatively unimportant. If you only vote on one issue, make it Brexit.

• Like 1

I agree it was a policy that was badly worded, however I'm struggling to see what's bad about it. Why should the state have to pay for nursing costs when the person still has assets, albeit tied up in property? That's ridiculous, and it's not like they're even saying they're going to take every last penny either, there will still be £100K left to pass on to your kids. How can that be argued against?

Spot on, the wording was woeful. It's also sort of in place, plus with the divestment of assets law preventing the simple signing over of property to avoid it.