Nuclear bombs are coming!

Ekona

When it gets to defcon 5 and all the warning sirens are going . . trump will then swoop in, change his tune and be remembered in his mind as the POTUS who stopped WW3 . . he will quickly forget he had the poking stick in the first place

DEFCON 2/1 would be sirens going off. DEFCON 5 would be an improvement over what we have now as that would mean we're back to "normal".

Just being pedantic. :p

I thought 5 was the button pressing time.... anyway you all knew what I meant

It's funny how people think they'll have time to flee or escape and to where? Obviously the Russians are far too polite to to drop any pesky nukes while you're en route, right? Or say "Right UK. Get to safety because were about to drop some nasty little bombs and do watch out for the cesium 137 it has a nasty habit of knocking your DNA and cells rather out of kilter!"

Returning to the topic a bit more, I'd say the UK is princely positioned as a place you'd both have to get out of and get warning to do so.

If it ever came to it, US sites would be top of the list for being hit. There is a huge amount of targets, infrastructure, etc to destroy there.

Nobody, not even Russia would be focused on doing that AND hitting other countries in parallel. Hence the moment Russia/other aggressor attacks the US directly (e.g. Russian fighter planes sink a US destroyer in the Med) or the other way round, I'm immediately driving to North Norway. I'd bet there would be at least 24h to get out before strikes come to the UK. More likely a week.

Scary stuff, am I right in thinking the fallout would be just as deadly as the blast itself?

I'm not sure what's worse, living through an attack or having to chop my Zed up so it fits in with the "mad max" style!

Took a walk around Hiroshima last summer and there are lots of people with disabilities likely caused by birth defects following the bomb, I remember the fallout from Chernobyl in 1986 affecting farms in Wales , restrictions on the sheep farms lasted 26 years , any nuclear explosion will have an impact worldwide , they are no longer any use in reality

Yeah but they do that every year. On the Asian news networks it gets reported a bit more detailed. China essentially gives them money to stop being silly. When the money starts to run low they missile test and get a new trade agreement. But Chinese papers are probably as reliable as our own lol.

I can't understand why these world leaders think that it's actuall a viable option? As Richf just pointed out, the effects would be world wide, nobody's a winner if there is nowhere left to celebrate!

I think EMP strikes are more likely, just as disruptful without the deadly aftermath.

Imagine the chaos if Everything stopped working!

• Like 1

Maybe Trumps way of dealing with Kim boy is to rattle him so much he presses the button to launch one of his fireworks with a nuclear payload only for it to explode on launch and take out half of his top brass :lol:

I still honestly think this is all a deflection to help Trump out of a hole, there's alternative facts at play here.

The exact same thing happens every year, and did so when Obama was in charge too. US & SK do war games in the area, NK throw a strop and whinge, war games end and everything calms down again. The only difference this time is that Trump isn't known for being calm under pressure ;)

Realistically nowt will happen, no-one will push that far as NK know they'd be wiped out in seconds and they don't really have the ability to hit anything other than SK. Fatboy Kim has the most to lose, and he knows it: He'll only ever be a mouth and def no trousers.

It's funny how people think they'll have time to flee or escape and to where? Obviously the Russians are far too polite to to drop any pesky nukes while you're en route, right? Or say "Right UK. Get to safety because were about to drop some nasty little bombs and do watch out for the cesium 137 it has a nasty habit of knocking your DNA and cells rather out of kilter!"

Returning to the topic a bit more, I'd say the UK is princely positioned as a place you'd both have to get out of and get warning to do so.

If it ever came to it, US sites would be top of the list for being hit. There is a huge amount of targets, infrastructure, etc to destroy there.

Nobody, not even Russia would be focused on doing that AND hitting other countries in parallel. Hence the moment Russia/other aggressor attacks the US directly (e.g. Russian fighter planes sink a US destroyer in the Med) or the other way round, I'm immediately driving to North Norway. I'd bet there would be at least 24h to get out before strikes come to the UK. More likely a week.

You're being extremely optimistic.

If things escalated that fast, all borders would be closed and flights grounded.

Again, people seem to think nuclear war is an inconvenience rather than the end of times.

You'll never escape the after effects of global nuclear war mate, lol. Not even in North Norway. Or do you have a fallout shelter there?

You're being extremely optimistic.

If things escalated that fast, all borders would be closed and flights grounded.

Again, people seem to think nuclear war is an inconvenience rather than the end of times.

You'll never escape the after effects of global nuclear war mate, lol. Not even in North Norway. Or do you have a fallout shelter there and a thriving underground eco system so you're not effected by the following nuclear winter?

I don't think anyone's read my previous posts describing nuclear war lol.

This is just ONE example of the effects of a nuclear winter, and not even using all the nukes we have in the world...

"A global average surface cooling of –7 °C to –8 °C persists for years, and after a decade the cooling is still –4 °C (Fig. 2). Considering that the global average cooling at the depth of the last ice age 18,000 yr ago was about –5 °C, this would be a climate change unprecedented in speed and amplitude in the history of the human race. The temperature changes are largest over land … Cooling of more than –20 °C occurs over large areas of North America and of more than –30 °C over much of Eurasia, including all agricultural regions"

No light, no warmth, massive ozone depletion, so on and so on.

You can't 'hide' from essentially, the destruction of our entire planet. Are you going to go it alone and flourish after the nuclear winter abates some 20 years post war?

Will you pop to the local shop now and then for some milk and bread and a newspaper? Lol.

Like I said, it's funny, people think "I'll be ok, I'd just go (insert location) and just wait. I've seen all Bear Grylls episodes"

I can escape the end of civilisation!!

Edited by TT350

Now if only I could remember where I left my suit of T51-B! I could go on grocery runs then without fear of, well, death.

T51? Tsk tsk. We run at least T60 or XF-01 here boyo. You'll have to make a cake for sentinel prime now.