Just saw my old 350Z.

nowhereboy

I was under the impression the garage I sold it too were going to break it for parts, not that I ever really believed that :lol:

The car looked like it's been re painted and had the rust issues sorted, being driven by a youngish woman.

Such a strange feeling seeing a car you built being driven around by someone else, forgot how well it sat on the coilovers and wide ass rota grids.

Mixed feelings after seeing it this morning, happy it's still on the road tho.

Dread to think what she paid for it after the peanuts I got for the part ex :scare:

• Like 1

I've only ever seen 2 of my previous cars, one of my Datsun Cherry's and one of my Capri 2.8i's. My dad had one of the early minis (1960) from new until 1964 and I used to see it in Chester fairly frequently until the mid 1980's :)

Pete

Wish I saw my old Zed. I sold it to a bloke who lives a few hundred miles away who was on here looking for one. We spoke and he is a real petrol head and agreed he'd remain on here. That was over 6 months ago and he hasn't logged on since he bought it. Missing it now

Must admit it did pull on the heart strings a little seeing it.

Never seen any of my previous cars after selling them.

I start a new job working away soon and the money is pretty good, found myself back on pistonheads again window shopping :lol:

I've got a taste for boost now and much prefer a turbo motor to an NA, problem is I also much prefer real wheel drive to front and I can't really think of any modern turbo real wheel drive sports cars that fall into a reasonable price bracket. Well that is without going old school and jap and I can't be bothered with the headache of reliability issues.

I start a new job working away soon and the money is pretty good, found myself back on pistonheads again window shopping :lol:

I've got a taste for boost now and much prefer a turbo motor to an NA, problem is I also much prefer real wheel drive to front and I can't really think of any modern turbo real wheel drive sports cars that fall into a reasonable price bracket. Well that is without going old school and jap and I can't be bothered with the headache of reliability issues.

Just out of interest, why do you prefer turbo over a big NA? My only experience with a turbo is with small engine cars, and I found I really missed the oomph in low rpm, maybe its much different with performance cars?

Just out of interest, why do you prefer turbo over a big NA? My only experience with a turbo is with small engine cars, and I found I really missed the oomph in low rpm, maybe its much different with performance cars?

I think a lot of people love the surge when the turbo spools up.

Not sure what boosted cars you have drove but low end torque tends to be a strong point actually. I have about 400nm torque at 3.5k rpm if memory serves me rightly, so low end torque not a problem here :D

That's irrelevant to your question tho, I like the way a turbo puts you in the back of the seat when it spools up, a big NA motor tends to be a more linear experience.

Also the noise, call me immature but massive pops and bangs while giving it some through tunnel's etc is intoxicating.

I see my first ever car driving about sometimes. It was a blue 03' Peugeot 106 1.1 independence. I owned it for four years before I part ex'd it against an 06' BMW 320d SE for £200... I wish I kept it stored away under a sheet. Some good memories in that car.

I sold a classic car in surrey four and a half years ago to a bloke from Hayling island. I have since moved to Cornwall ( been here just under three years) and the car has been sold to a new owner. Yep you guessed it, here in Cornwall. I saw it at a garage being worked on about seven miles up the road from me.

It really is a small world.

• 2 weeks later...

Bugger. I've just seen a pic of my old Zed, on the facebook page of Tees Valley Cosmetic Car Repairs. The bloke who bought it from me has smashed the front bumper on something so its been in for repair and paint. At least its fixed I guess and wasn't too bad really but knowing how pampered it has been all its life, it looks like its becoming a bit more 'use' these days

How's about this for one in a million.

I know a guy who's old Ford Galaxy got nicked.

Worthless money wise as it was nearly 20yrs old but raised his kids in it and very attached to it.

His friend spotted it parked up months later and they got it back! :thumbs:

• Like 1