Step Children and relationship break ups....

nowhereboy

I know a fella recently, his wife got busted having an affair, they agreed to split house etc right down the middle and a whole host of other stuff that saw her very comfortable, she then decides a few weeks later that isnt enough and wants to go after half his pension fund (industrial units and savings) ;)

Like those cases in the news recently where 10 or 15 years after the "final" divorce settlement was agreed the woman realises the bloke has now done well for himself and has come back to rinse the guy out of any money he has made since they split up. Madness.

There's a lot of generalising about women in this thread when, let's face it, indiviluals from both sexes are capable of behaving like absolute sh*ts to one another, especially when it comes to relationships.

Thank you, that was exactly my point but you put it far better.

• Like 2

There's a lot of generalising about women in this thread when, let's face it, indiviluals from both sexes are capable of behaving like absolute sh*ts to one another, especially when it comes to relationships.

TBF, when there are kids involved the women tends to get the better deal .......... or at least can manipulate the better deal anyway.

Hi guys, thought I would give a brief update from the few small texts ive received, basically small amount is my fault but she says its more her and she needs space! that's it.... :wacko:

Understand people need space but you dont have to empty my house and do a runner when im not there and not tell me about it!

TBH this is worse than just disappearing as with that I knew where I stood, now I have no idea and no idea when anything will happen.

On the bright side I fixed my wheely chair at home, sorted out a route and can now get a cup of tea from kitchen to my living room now on my own without spilling or dropping it!

(you have no idea how hard it is to do everything on your own with one leg and on crutches)

She was meant to help me get to London today for an event as I had 3 bags, but I soldiered on by myself and honestly there are some really kind people out there who helped me carry bags/called station staff for me etc and generally just felt sorry for me :lol:

Like everyone says you cant sit about and wallow for too long or it will drag you down, I am solely focused now on surviving and learning to walk again by myself which will be tough but guess its just another of lifes challenges that will make you stronger.

For the record and I know it might be because all the drama that's happened to me recently but women ARE worse :p

• Like 1

He said he was offered the chance to move to Manchester for a job, which would mean relocating from Newcastle. Graham said that might be the best thing he ever did,to which I wittily retorted that swapping Newcastle for Manchester isn't fair, intimating that Newcastle is a much nicer place to be than the sh*thole that is Manchester.

:D

U WOT M9?!

• Like 1

An old friend of mine was with his gf for a long time. They eventually married and she eventually filed for divorce.

She got the house, the kids, the car. The lot.

A few years later he got a huge bill and fine from child support asking him to pay up for all the years he didn't pay.

Only he had paid her. Cash in hand.

She told CSA he hadn't paid a penny. And of course there were no transactions recorded as it was cash in hand.

Poor guy ended up in a council flat barely being able to afford to eat.

He is saying Manchester is a sh*thole (tongue in cheek), whats the confusion?

Lol, I'm from Manchester.

As in, you dissin mah place yeah blud.

Could be worse..Brian McFadden just moved from Australia to Rochdale!!!

Well it is international womens day, so lets show them some love, sure they will do the same on international mans day, oh hang on...........

That really is weak mate. You're coming across as someone who just really doesn't like women. Personally, I think they're great. :p

Well it is international womens day, so lets show them some love, sure they will do the same on international mans day, oh hang on...........

You mean March 14th? ;)

No I mean March 8th, today, its not confusing ;)

That really is weak mate. You're coming across as someone who just really doesn't like women. Personally, I think they're great. :p

Sarcasm filter not working ;)

You mean March 14th? ;)

No I mean March 8th, today, its not confusing ;)

I meant the day for men... ;)

Aaaaaaand back on subject...

Jumping350, I know this sounds daft but I'm genuinely happy for you if this is your outlook now on the whole thing. Cannot be easy at all, but that's a fantastically strong attitude to have, and it will help you so much.

• Like 2

Hi guys, thought I would give a brief update from the few small texts ive received, basically small amount is my fault but she says its more her and she needs space! that's it.... :wacko:

Thats what my ex said when she moved out...... and moved in with her ex a few days later.

:doh:

fa513f064f2ff6cb81632c1a223aabde.png

Not in our house it isnt. Im married. :wacko:

• Like 3

Chaps. This thread really has beaten us women up. No wonder we don't come on here often !! :-)

I am proof a failed relationship (marriage) can result in a lasting friendship with no strings at all !!25 years ago now,. ! Neither of us had other people involved both and were single for quite a while. He has had numerous relationships since which he tells me of. I am often saying 'You can't do that' when I think he is being horrid !!!! It is highly amusing !

We sorted all our own finances including the house (owned) and cars. We saw solicitors just to draw up a document to state we had no father financial call on each other. Me, the odd relationship, but being single has worked very well for me more likely related to my background I came from a very badly split up home.

My parents break up was dire. My father left when I was 10 never to be seen again.!!!!!! My mother told me everything, leant on me, told me my father was awful in every possible way. I took over the running of the house. Mental cruelty it is called today.! She often told us when not good, the reason we were with her, was because our father did not want us. Great, no one wanted us.

Needless to say this was very damaging. We lost all my Fathers family in this too. My brother thinks to this day I brought him up. He is 5 years younger than me. All this being in the late 70's. No one I knew had divorced parents. There were no single parents !!!

I would strongly recommend Counselling. It can take an age with the NHS, so consider Marriage Guidance. It is there to assist break ups too and requires donations rather than a fixed fee.

My Mother is now on her 4th marriage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 years ago I broke relations with her. She is poison.

So yes, some women are bad but, I have never got over or understood how my father could leave his children.

.At 12 years old, I knew I would not have children, afraid would be like my Mother and never ever wanting to put a child through this.

If only someone had considered us, they need counselling too !

Whilst I realise it is a step child being discussed here and you do need to walk away from your partner. Please at least consider writing a nice letter to the child offering the opportunity to call /write to you for happy chats and catch ups. The child will at least feel supported. He does not need quizzing over his Mother's movements mind !!

You may not be able to do this now, I know you have to think of you first but in 3 months maybe when everything has settled a little. It breaks my heart what happens to children in break ups and they are so often disregarded.

Keep strong and remember time goes a long way to healing and making you stronger in the long run.

I wish you good luck and a peaceful mind.

Wendy

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 3

Went out on the drink Tuesday night, made me realize I'm not even close to thinking about other woman yet.

Some girl was eyeing me up all night, she came over to talk and I ended up bending her ear off about my ex :lol:

Attractive!

You're forcing it. It'll backfire.

The last thing on my mind was boozing and still is.

Don't be one of those guys who just needs someone. It's been a few weeks. Be alone for a while! Any woman you interact with, with potentially romantic endeavours, is going to fail hard and reinforce your minds perception that the ex was the only one for you and no other woman can measure up.

That said, knowing women are noticing you us good. I'm eye wateringly unattractive so a bit of that would boost me no end lol.

I went for a massage the other day and the two women there were arguing (they thought they were out of earshot) who was going to take the hit and massage me lol. Neither of them wanted to haha!

Edited by TT350