Step Children and relationship break ups....

nowhereboy

Also, regarding offending women.

I find society very highly charged towards the empowering of women and the demasculinization of men. And casually so.

How many adverts do you see where the husband is a bumbling idiot and the wife is the glue that binds the family together and keeps it from falling apart and casually corrects the husbands mistakes, unbeknown to him, so the poor dolt can live under the delusion that "he da man".

There are adverts where two women are browsing mens profiles, casually swiping past them. Then they pause at one. He's an average looking guy. They look at each other and burst out laughing then pull a disgusted face. They keep swiping and come across an adonis and smile gleefully at each other.

Then you have the diet coke adverts....

With programmes like Geordie Shore and other similar programmes, men have piled into gyms knowing they'll get nowhere with a woman unless they match what women see on tv. On the other hand women can skip the gym and just wear lots of makeup, fake lashes, hair extensions, plastic surgery.

It's not fair.

I'm a single man of 35, I'm not very good looking and I'm going bald. As far as modern society is concerned, I'm on the scrap heap. And it's generated and promulgated by women. I tried online dating and other than to tell me to "go away" (I'm using polite term there) I never got a single reply. Again, we're at the mercy of women in that regard.

So if we're a bit sour towards women about being discarded with about as much thought as one would give to discarding a used tissue, then blasted by media for being not what women want and indeed expect, you'll have to forgive me/us.

I'm off to the gym and a hair replacement clinic.

Caio.

^^^^ You are too harsh on yourself there and the average male, personality counts for a huge amount, you may be a buff adonis like character but if your about as interesting to talk to as a jelly, you will soon get discarded too, there is someone out there for everyone and like all the happy married boys on here, when you meet her you will wonder what all the "dating" and "relationship" fuss was about.

I went for a massage the other day and the two women there were arguing (they thought they were out of earshot) who was going to take the hit and massage me lol. Neither of them wanted to haha!

Ooer. Last time I went for a "massage" the girl was very enthusiastic and actually told me mine was the biggest she`d ever seen. :lol:

I find society very highly charged towards the empowering of women and the demasculinization of men. And casually so.

How many adverts do you see where the husband is a bumbling idiot and the wife is the glue that binds the family together and keeps it from falling apart and casually corrects the husbands mistakes, unbeknown to him, so the poor dolt can live under the delusion that "he da man".

There are adverts where two women are browsing mens profiles, casually swiping past them. Then they pause at one. He's an average looking guy. They look at each other and burst out laughing then pull a disgusted face. They keep swiping and come across an adonis and smile gleefully at each other.

With programmes like Geordie Shore and other similar programmes, men have piled into gyms knowing they'll get nowhere with a woman unless they match what women see on tv. On the other hand women can skip the gym and just wear lots of makeup, fake lashes, hair extensions, plastic surgery.

It's not fair.

I'm a single man of 35, I'm not very good looking and I'm going bald. As far as modern society is concerned, I'm on the scrap heap. And it's generated and promulgated by women. I tried online dating and other than to tell me to "go away" (I'm using polite term there) I never got a single reply. Again, we're at the mercy of women in that regard.

So if we're a bit sour towards women about being discarded with about as much thought as one would give to discarding a used tissue, then blasted by media for being not what women want and indeed expect, you'll have to forgive me/us.

Caio.

Ive noticed this too, loads. Even on stuff like Peppa Pig. The dad comes across as some sort of idiot who fails at everything he does, whereas Mummy Pig is perfect and saves the day. Then you have Miss Rabbit who is so clever she has like 1,000 jobs etc... All brainwashing toddlers that men are useless and women can multitask and do everything perfectly.

On the other hand 35, not good looking and going bald never hurt people like Jason Statham!

• Like 2

I would suggest not believing everything you read and see.

The media is telling you want people want. It sells papers, magazines, TV adverts.

It is not real life. How do you think women feel always being told they must be stick thin and stunning looing.

For you info - my ex is a body builder and competes.

I think it is revolting !! I do admire the effort though.

He started on this after we split !! Fortunately !!.

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 1

Ive noticed this too, loads. Even on stuff like Peppa Pig. The dad comes across as some sort of idiot who fails at everything he does, whereas Mummy Pig is perfect and saves the day. Then you have Miss Rabbit who is so clever she has like 1,000 jobs etc... All brainwashing toddlers that men are useless and women can multitask and do everything perfectly.

On the other hand 35, not good looking and going bald never hurt people like Jason Statham!

:lol: @ your massage experience. :lol:

I don't mind Peppa reversing years of negative gender reinforcement if I'm honest, society could use it. Also, no gay, but Jason Statham is objectively a very good looking guy. I have to say that as I'm told there's a slight resemblance when I shave my head. :lol:

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

Ive noticed this too, loads. Even on stuff like Peppa Pig. The dad comes across as some sort of idiot who fails at everything he does, whereas Mummy Pig is perfect and saves the day. Then you have Miss Rabbit who is so clever she has like 1,000 jobs etc...

Gonna pretend you watch this with your kids not for your own enjoyment? :lol:

The media is telling you want people want. It sells papers, magazines, TV adverts.

It is not real life. How do you think women feel always being told they must be stick thin and stunning looing.

Most of the things men and women do which we are told by the media will impress the opposite sex actually only impresses the same sex...

A man with a flash car and big muscles will only impress other guys.

A stick thin girl with weird drawn on eyebrows will only impress other girls.

:shrug:

• Like 3

For you info - my ex is a body builder and competes.

I think it is revolting !! I do admire the effort though.

He started on this after we split !! Fortunately !!.

My generation and younger have unfortunately made it real life. Media driven, yes. But for them/us it IS real life.

Maybe not so much my generation but it's creeping in.

I've been going to the gym 15 years and I've seen a MASSIVE shift in the kind of people who use them. Many, many more women. And now, much younger women and men. And also, the kind of exercises girls do. Squats. And lots of them. For obvious reasons.

People could once get away with being average. They weren't all over public media then. Now though you have twitter and snap chat one-upmanship so it's edged over into 'real life'.

The thing is though, women are no longer told to be stick thin. Women are embracing their curves and "ass". And it's just fine. They're in demand regardless. Women can do many things to mask 'imperfections' too.

As men, we have to be "pretty".

Tall, but not too tall. Muscular but not too muscular (as you said) with full head of stylish hair. Fashionable. But not so much as to upstage the girl. Be funny, strong but soft, earn good money, and so on and so on.

Generally a man just wants a plain to fairly attractive, kind and approachable woman who will give him the time of day.

It really is very one sided these days.

:lol: @ your massage experience. :lol:

£65 and it was crap.

It was like someone who has a phobia of touching meat and having to rub spices into a bowl of raw chicken. I'm sure I heard her faintly mask a gag a few times too.

60 mins of a 90 min massage and she said "right you're done" and ran out of the room. Neither of them were anywhere to be seen in the reception either when I left.

• Like 1

All I will say is why are there so many articles about diets for women then ?

And.... why are there so many people in the gym - to get trim !!!

There are many products on the market for men too now and many use them.

The majority of models are very slim, too thin IMO.

It is usually them you see in anything fashion related

• Like 1

How do you think women feel always being told they must be stick thin and stunning looking.

Ive not really seen any of that sort of stuff recently. Whenever I look in the paper or watch the telly its full of people saying women should "embrace their curves" and saying how good they look, when in reality they are just morbidly obese. Its as if they are trying to convince overweight people that they are fine and thats normal. Then you see pix of whatever celeb might be fashion of the month and 9/10 they are a bit porky, then go on a fitness camp etc... then get porky again and repeat. Then if you do get someone who actually is into the gym and really looks after themselves, they get slated as "disgusting" etc.... like Chloe Madingley etc..

^^ Interesting topic, i remember watching a programme quite some time back about birth rates over the generations, when women like Twiggy were in vogue, birth rates plummeted, when Marylin Monroe, Rachel Welch etc were in fashion, birth rates soured, they proved men are more sexually attracted to women with curves, in general :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

All I will say is why are there so many articles about diets for women then ?

And.... why are there so many people in the gym - to get trim !!!

There are many products on the market for men too now and many use them.

The majority of models are very slim, too thin IMO.

It is usually them you see in anything fashion related

Regarding the products for men...

Exactly. Because they now feel they have to!

Women's magazines are still popular. But men prefer to browse anonymously online at the equivalent of the women's diet articles.

Women, to get thin and be "desireable" simply have to eat less. Exercise is something that a lot of women are only just now embracing. Especially free weights where once you'd NEVER see a woman..

Still, women just mostly diet. A man has to diet AND train, often. But not take it too far.

Women, to get thin and be "desireable" simply have to eat less. Exercise is something that a lot of women are only just now embracing. Especially free weights where once you'd NEVER see a woman..

Because if a women touches free weights she will end up looking like Arnold overnight :lol:

Edited by Strudul
  • Like 1

We are reading and observing different magazines and articles obviously. !!

Mine are very current- despite being a little older - thank you.

I also hear the push on liking your curves, this IMO is to try and soften the bombardment of you must be slim to be anything.

There is still a very big and real issue for the anorexia related problems going on today.

I am not suggesting anyone is right or wrong here. There are always two sides - that's all.

IMO - It is not easy today to get a fair based picture of the world due to the mass of media options available.

• Like 1

I'm in the unfortunate position of being very picky of woman I will go out with, it's not that I want to be this way, I just have a certain type and they seem quite rare.

In order for me to be attracted they have to be good looking and in decent shape but I absolutely despise attention seeking "luck at me" woman, unfortunately most of the good looking woman tend to be the same ones who flaunt themselves all over social media etc and that is a major turn off for me. I also don't like a girl with a lot of skeletons in the closet, nothing worse than knowing every bloke you pass has already slept with her before you etc. A little innocence goes a very long way for me. I'm not expecting virgin Mary but you know what I mean.

Got asked out by a girl at work today, she's 10 out of 10 in the looks department but falls into the above category, one look at her social media shows each picture with 100 + likes etc and all her photos are of her out on the drink, tarted up with lads hanging all over her. She was super confident and over the top flirtatious, proper turn off for me, even tho half the blokes at work want to sleep with her. A woman like that is a recipe for drama and more drama. No thanks.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like so many people fall into the above category these days, I just want a good honest, faithful woman but she has to be attractive too.

Truth be told I won't be ready to date for a long time yet, I'm not the type to go from one relationship to the next, that seem's meaningless to me.

• Like 1

It's not fair.

Caio.

And how many adverts do you see where the person cooking the dinner, doing the cleaning etc is a woman? The media is full of them.

Honestly, I really don't get why some guys seem to feel that women are a threat to your manhood. Historically, we have been a male dominated society for centuries. Men hold most of the best paid, must powerful jobs and positions of influence in almost all areas of life. The religions practised in society are almost entirely male dominated and favour men in various ways. If you look to other parts of the world male domination is even more extreme to the extent that women are practically slaves to the men they are forced to marry. Career, education, don't want kids - forget it.

I really don't think us chaps have got anything to moan about in terms of who gets the best deal.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 3

It's not fair.

Caio.

And how many adverts do you see where the person cooking the dinner, doing the cleaning etc is a woman? The media is full of them.

Honestly, I really don't get why some guys seem to feel that women are a threat to your manhood. Historically, we have been a male dominated society for centuries. Men hold most of the best paid, must powerful jobs and positions of influence in almost all areas of life. The religions practised in society are almost entirely male dominated and favour men in various ways. If you look to other parts of the world male domination is even more extreme to the extent that women are practically slaves to the men they are forced to marry. Career, education, don't want kids - forget it.

I really don't think us chaps have got anything to moan about in terms of who gets the best deal.

And in what past centuries was the world anything like it is now?

How many technological breakthroughs are making the globe smaller and more focusing on an individual these days? Ones life is there for all to see and critique. If anything the playing field is leveling out very quickly and aggressively. I think women AND men of these new era look down on mere mortals.

Remember the beard phenomenon that took off? You could only rock that along with a nice thick head of hair. Shaved tight at the sides of course with a lovely glossy high comb over.

Me? Exempt. Balding with a transparent moustache which merged into blonde then yellow then orange beard.

Maybe I'm just bitter as I've been handed a sh1t basket in the looks department lol. I'm seeing it coming out now.

I was an 80s kid brought up watching Arnie etc. They were the guys to be. I used to love the fact I could get big easy. That's redundant now.

It's skinny jeans and heroin chic.

Edited by TT350

Life is what you want it to be !

No one has to follow the rules of others.

I think we should make our own way in life.

Maybe that's why I am single !!! lol

And happy with it and my male cat. !!

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 1

It's not fair.

Caio.

And in what past centuries was the world anything like it is now?

How many technological breakthroughs are making the globe smaller and more focusing on an individual these days? Ones life is there for all to see and critique. If anything the playing field is leveling out very quickly and aggressively. I think women AND men of these new era look down on mere mortals.

Remember the beard phenomenon that took off? You could only rock that along with a nice thick head of hair. Shaved tight at the sides of course with a lovely glossy high comb over.

Me? Exempt. Balding with a transparent moustache which merged into blonde then yellow then orange beard.

Maybe I'm just bitter as I've been handed a sh1t basket in the looks department lol. I'm seeing it coming out now.

I was an 80s kid brought up watching Arnie etc. They were the guys to be. I used to love the fact I could get big easy. That's redundant now.

It's skinny jeans and heroin chic.

I strongly suspect I'm older than you fella. 48 to be precise so I've seen the same changes as you. Without wanting to make this too personal it sounds as though the issue is your self esteem as an individual, not how society treats men in general.

If it's any consolation, I've been dumped more than once and cheated on. Most people have. The important thing is how we react to these setbacks.

• Like 4