New on sale from Nismo Japan - Fairlady Z Nismo RC

-G-

So I'm a bit of an anorak with Nismo stuff & came across this:

index_main01.jpg

http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/FAIRLADY_Z_RC/

I have to be honest with you - I'm a little underwhelmed that they're offering a track-spec Z34 with just 355PS & 374 N.m for a whopping £88,500 ticket price. That's just 11 PS & 3 N.m more than the street-spec Nismo 370Z. For £88k you could build a base-model 370z from the ground up that would trounce that thing and probably a few GTR's as well. *smh*

I have no idea what the logic behind this car is, except to make ludicrous sums selling middling cars to rich, stupid people. *and breathe*

• Like 2

Homologation perhaps? Looks like they have been selling them since 2012 anyway.

From what I could find they have Ohlins DFV, are 175 KG lighter which isnt too bad with a fuel cell and a cage included, lots of bespoke parts made by Nismo ......... and need an engine rebuild every 5K km :surrender:

I dont thnk its an attempt to rip people off, its the same as an M3 GTR, or a GT3 RSR, they are race cars for actual racing. And Ive just found something that says its built to GT4 specs, a Cayman GT4 racecar is £100K, an M3 GT4 is about the same.

• Like 3

You can make anything road legal over here, really. Germany would be a nightmare, USA probably a piece of cake, dunno about Japland.

That really wouldn't need many mods to make it road legal here. Why you'd want to bother is another matter entirely.

Nice to see them base it on the MkI nismo! TBF that model has been on sale stateside since 2009 IIRC? So its probs the more familier model. 175kg is big weight loss but still renders it 1350kg i.e. not much less than a boggo cayman s. Rebuilding every 5k seems like madness but maybe that's due to the constant redline stress it is always under?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk