Watches

Flex

rolex-oyster-perpetual-date-blue-dial-fluted-18kt-white-gold-bezel-watch-115234blso.jpg

That's close, but the face is darker in real life and the bezel is slightly different. Smoother, I believe.

She's a beauty, nice one mate.

Don't be too afraid to wear it, you'd be STUNNED just how tough they are, promise!

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

It's nothing special, just an Oyster from 2001. Blue pearl face, stainless strap. 21st birthday present from my folks, so more sentimental value than anything else. :)

I used to wear it a lot, but I just won't risk it these days. If I lost it, or it got stolen I'd be absolutely heartbroken.

EDIT

That's close, but the face is darker in real life and the bezel is slightly different. Smoother, I believe.

really nice Ekona, understand about the risk of losing it and sentimental value.

• Like 1

It's nothing special, just an Oyster from 2001. Blue pearl face, stainless strap. 21st birthday present from my folks, so more sentimental value than anything else. :)

I used to wear it a lot, but I just won't risk it these days. If I lost it, or it got stolen I'd be absolutely heartbroken.

EDIT

rolex-oyster-perpetual-date-blue-dial-fluted-18kt-white-gold-bezel-watch-115234blso.jpg

So that's 65 yrs old? :p

Sorry!!

• Like 1

Some peoples philosophy is that it's a waste to keep a good car in a garage instead of enjoyed on the open road. Same can be said for watches languishing in boxes / drawers.

IMG_20161212_165935_zpscaapahw6.jpg

Edited by -G-

difficult to break even after a sale with most of the brands out there.Rolex remains one of the few that holds it's value quite good,depending what you have got,also if you paid dealer price or got yourself a bargain somewhere.(we all know dealer prices are inflated to the max)

Try and get a Rolex Daytona perhaps...

Yeah I'm not really a name fan but I do want something that'll hold it's value so will need a name to achieve that.

A used 'pre moon landing' Omega Speedmaster? They used to be that kind of money a couple of years ago - I haven't looked recently though. Classic look imho.

Yeah I'm not really a name fan but I do want something that'll hold it's value so will need a name to achieve that.

What about a watch from a car maker like Porsche for example?

That way if you do decide to sell in the future you'll have two markets that you can aim it towards. E.g. Watch collectors & car brand fans.

Just an idea ~ maybe not a good one. :shrug::lol:

Omega and Rolex are much cheaper in Malaysia for some reason. Me and missus been surveying the price when we went back for holidays and it was around 25-35% cheaper compared to UK. However these are from independent high street shop selling a variety of luxury watches, not direct from Omega or Rolex shop. I can only assume they get a good deal from Omega/Rolex and wanted to clear stock. Omega/Rolex shops are cheaper too but not as cheap, maybe 10-15%. With 25-35% saving on Omega/Rolex, that's nearly cost of flight tickets (Emirates). Hence something to consider --> holiday in the far east + new watch

What about a watch from a car maker like Porsche for example?

That way if you do decide to sell in the future you'll have two markets that you can aim it towards. E.g. Watch collectors & car brand fans.

Just an idea ~ maybe not a good one. :shrug::lol:

Its rare that a fashion brand will have a superior mechanism, sometimes even the price is not an indicator (you can pay a grand for the same quartz mech found in a Casio if you aren't careful), if I was buying from a fashion brand, is want to pay more than 2 grand to be sure I was getting a first class automatic. That chanel I linked above for example. But like another poster said, buy watches you like the look of, even that 20 dollar Chinese quartz mechanism will be accurate as long as it works and has a battery (technically will be much more reliable for much longer than even the best automatic). One should only buy an expensive watch if one has a fetish. :)

Omega and Rolex are much cheaper in Malaysia for some reason. Me and missus been surveying the price when we went back for holidays and it was around 25-35% cheaper compared to UK. However these are from independent high street shop selling a variety of luxury watches, not direct from Omega or Rolex shop. I can only assume they get a good deal from Omega/Rolex and wanted to clear stock. Omega/Rolex shops are cheaper too but not as cheap, maybe 10-15%. With 25-35% saving on Omega/Rolex, that's nearly cost of flight tickets (Emirates). Hence something to consider --> holiday in the far east + new watch

It's the same in some other countries including Russia I believe, and I understand it has to do with counterfeiting (I assume they sell the genuine article cheaper to discourage people from buying fakes), but that's just something I heard, it may be more to do with economic factors.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

i'm pretty confident that Rolex don't "do deals" with independent watch shops. You'll probably find that its a combination of reduction in tax, and most likely brand new/un-worn.

• Like 1

i'm pretty confident that Rolex don't "do deals" with independent watch shops. You'll probably find that its a combination of reduction in tax, and most likely brand new/un-worn.

You are probably right. Didn't really dig further on the reasons why, but been told Rolex is trying to control that soon due to independent shops selling them cheaper than they do.