Do I or Don't I?

PKAT

Good morning folks,

I wandered into my local Nissan yesterday to get something and they have a 2010 370Z in with 14k miles. They want 17.6k for it and are offering me 4.8 on my 2005 85k miles car.

I love my car but she is getting on... do I or don't I? What is your opinion guys and girls?

I think the answer to the question lies within how well you could afford the purchase to be honest.

If you can comfortably afford it I'd go for it, however if this is an awful lot of money for you I don't feel like it's worth it.

I fall into the second category at the minute to be honest, I've liked the idea of a 370 for a while, I could afford one but it would be at a push and it's not really worth it for the small increase in performance etc.

• Like 1

Do you really think the 370 won't be a Z classic?? I totally loved my '08 HR 350 & when i owned it thought it looked better than the 370...BUT as time has passed & now an owner of '11 370 GT, the 350 looks really dated now,especially the rear end view..hurts me to say that too!!....In my opinion the roof angle on the 370 is a throwback to the first inception of the Z...which will make it more of a classic shape than the 350....Just saying...

Also in 10 years you would have to spend an awful lot of dosh to keep a 350z nice , plenty of 05 cars have terminal rust on them already

Cars for me are about enjoyment, what they are worth in many years time is insignificant

Life is short buy what you like and what you can afford

• Like 3

I like them both, the 350z relaunched nissan as brand and is iconic for that. The 370z tweaked that formula and is just as good if not better in some areas. I don't think either looks dated as they are both a classic sports car shape seen countless times over the years.

• Like 1

That's the strange thing though, the 370 is also looking old as it's 7 years since its launch, however it's yet to be superceded . It's all a matter of perspective when a new model is released the previous one looks old. Looking in isolation at design though there are cars 20 years old that still look fairly contemporary because the language used is timeless.

Porsche still maintains the same generic look it had 40 years ago but because the design language is timeless not many would say the latest gen looks old.

The 350 is a similar looking body shape and I agree that certain design cues such as the facelift lights etc help to keep it looking contemporary.