Nick Grimshaw crash ~ flipped £80K Mercedes G Wagon @15mph.

GMballistic

Never heard of him though.

That actually surprises me tbh. :scare:

Radio 1 morning DJ (since 2012), was a host on the X-Factor, oh and a generally annoying celebrity basically.

Well, it's Grimshaw. Whatever happens , he deserves it. :teeth:

Amen. :lol:

I'm not really religious though but thought that was appropriate in that instance. :teeth:

The G Wagen weighs over two tons. At 30mph, it would decimate a Golf, not just crumpled the wing.

His version of events is entirely plausible. It's a big car, and once it's up on the wing of a smaller car it's going to topple very easily. Simple physics.

That vehicle was travelling faster than 15 mph when he hit the brakes. Impact with the golf was obviously lower.

The G Wagen weighs over two tons. At 30mph, it would decimate a Golf, not just crumpled the wing.

His version of events is entirely plausible. It's a big car, and once it's up on the wing of a smaller car it's going to topple very easily. Simple physics.

That vehicle was travelling faster than 15 mph when he hit the brakes. Impact with the golf was obviously lower.

I agree. ;)

We all know he speaks sh*t anyway, ....Nick Grimshaw that is & not Dan, ...although... :dry::lol::D

Radio 1 morning DJ (since 2012), was a host on the X-Factor, oh and a generally annoying celebrity basically.

More of a Radio 2 and Radio 4 guy really.

And no TV here :)

I am with Juggalo . . . never herd of him, don't give a toss . . moving along :lol:

christ no - don't send him to R2 (I listen to that mostly) .......... he would destroy that too

And yet, if this was Ken Block or Masato Kawabata* or Lewis Hamilton or someone people actually related to on here, there wouldn't be half as much grief.

Bloody hell, the guy made a mistake and no-one was hurt. The story is semi-believable (although I do think it's the truth, I also think it may have been stretched slightly!) and the police have zero interest in taking it any further, so what's the problem? Blimey, I hope no-one on here ever makes a mistake and bins their car: I assume you'll want the police to come down like a ton of bricks on you then as well.

I don't like Grimmy's presenting, his style does not appeal to me at all. However, I'd be gutted if that was me who'd just had a whack like that in my P&J, so I'll show a bit of human compassion and feel sorry for the guy.

*Yes, I googled that one, I'm not that cool! :lol:

I don't like Grimmy's presenting, his style does not appeal to me at all. However, I'd be gutted if that was me who'd just had a whack like that in my P&J, so I'll show a bit of human compassion and feel sorry for the guy.

His net worth is apparently around £1.5+ million so you really don't need to feel sorry for him, ...if he'd lost an eye or something similar then maybe but to have had a rather stupid crash like that then no not worth your pity or empathy imo.

Anyway if this had been you or I this wouldn't have even made the local news paper but obviously with it being a celebrity, no matter how annoying they are or how minor the incident it has made national tabloid news.

Personally I don't give a monkeys really but it was something different to post that day & interesting to read other peoples thoughts on. :wave:

• Like 1

So if you've done well for yourself, you can't be gutted that you damaged something you love? People felt terrible for Rowan Atkinson when he binned his F1, but we're comfortable ripping into this guy because we don't like his style? Nope, I'm not having that as being remotely fair.

So if you've done well for yourself, you can't be gutted that you damaged something you love? People felt terrible for Rowan Atkinson when he binned his F1, but we're comfortable ripping into this guy because we don't like his style? Nope, I'm not having that as being remotely fair.

Of course you/he can but we weren't talking about him feeling gutted were we? :shrug:

You were talking about you feeling sorry for him, ...to which I said you really don't need to waste your pity or empathy on him IMO as basically he can more than afford to pay for his mistake.

As I said feel sorry for him if he'd injured himself which luckily for him he hadn't but if you want to feel sorry for him then fill your boots. :thumbs:

It's human nature.

You post a video of you making a mistake and crashing...you'll get sympathy, and "you live and learn dude"

Piers Morgan does it "lol, nob"

I'm comfortable with that double standard.

• Like 1

And yet, if this was Ken Block or Masato Kawabata* or Lewis Hamilton or someone people actually related to on here, there wouldn't be half as much grief.

Bloody hell, the guy made a mistake and no-one was hurt. The story is semi-believable (although I do think it's the truth, I also think it may have been stretched slightly!) and the police have zero interest in taking it any further, so what's the problem? Blimey, I hope no-one on here ever makes a mistake and bins their car: I assume you'll want the police to come down like a ton of bricks on you then as well.

*Yes, I googled that one, I'm not that cool! :lol:

ken block crashes monthly noone would be surprised or feel sorry

and im sure when Hamilton binned his zonda noone really gave a f@@k

and regarding the police thing you cant tell me if that had been someone else they wouldn't have looked into it more or infact as i said before someone crashes in a public area in such a way the car rolled over which to me says driving without due care yet someone on here has a slide becuase new tyres and gets points

I'm not having that as being remotely fair

Edited by StevoD

...and regarding the police thing you cant tell me if that had been someone else they wouldn't have looked into it more or infact as i said before someone crashes in a public area in such a way the car rolled over which to me says driving without due care yet someone on here has a slide becuase new tyres and gets points

I'm not having that as being remotely fair

Totally agree. ;)

You can't compare Mr Bean stowing his F1 with this absolute human slurry flipping his blingmobile! Lol.