Tattoos - What ya got and where

Mikevv

I'm bored and it's 5 AM, so why not start a tattoo thread!

I will start off by saying I have 3 ( better pics to come when the GF is able to take some - My camera is much better than the ones used for the images provided currently )

I have a Heartagram on my forearm, which I got when I was 17 - Holland has different tattoo laws

Then I got a day of the dead girl on my outer bicep/shoulder when I was 19, and re done a year and a bit later.

Then more recently, last year I got an eye with a person inside it walking down a road.

They all have different stories, and I personally won't get a tattoo unless it holds significant meaning and has a story behind it - However I don't mind other people getting fun tattoos, one of my best friends has a light switch behind her ear in the "off" position because she isn't too bright - we just say nobody turns her on pahaha ;)

Anyways, back on topic!

The girl is to represent that although she may appear ugly on the outside, she still has beauty, However she doesn't believe it and thus tries to cover it with the veil.

The eye representing that you may walk alone in dark times, but there is light all around - tried to get something not cliche and more " artsy "

The heartagram is a bit more complicated

It represents a time in my life where there was not a lot of give and take, the Heartagram itself being a pentagram but part heart, which is one of my favourite bands take on Yin Yang. I got it to remind myself to give and take in equal measures.

I included the original reference images - They don't quite match, due to my skinny arms/mistakes being made but hey, nothing is perfect and I'm 75% happy

(This is an odd thing but if anyone wants the full stories behind anything, I will PM them, but they are under no circumstances to be shared publicly on the forum )

301655_2332454319038_4576684_n_zpsg34segpu.jpg

294207_2332454719048_2815544_n_zpszqhz6llf.jpg

228836_2332454959054_6989380_n_zpsajbrtoqn.jpg

262514_2332455239061_7605679_n_zpsdcpuhnac.jpg

961663_631853086915971_772605793_n_zpsyyxjl1xc.jpg

11800366_975554089131478_5619220230746539767_n_zps4cxaarul.jpg

249061_599676096722829_1872930195_n_zpsditrfgro.jpg

• Like 2

I've got black and grey roses on my shoulders - because i was 18 and wanted a tattoo pretty much.

a map of the world outline on inside of my bicep - i got this when i was 19 and was planning to travel a lot - i then met my misses and we had a child so that put and travel plans to one side.

writing on my ribs - in memory of one of my best mates that died.

and a 'holiday tattoo' that im halfway through having lasered off. - it hurts. a lot.

now that im older and wiser (only 24) - if i could go back i would have not had any of them done.

i think ive become a bit more of a perfectionist - so little bits of each tattoo annoy me. -

such as the map of the world - as the ink has spread of the years, some of the lines of the countrys now touch. So france and uk are joined.

The writing on my ribs - one of the letters that is a R looks like a S - again with ink spread.

my roses when i got them at 18 - i walked into the first tattoo shop i could find. ive since had them re done and improved them massivley - still not 100%

and my holiday tattoo is so bad its being removed.

i want more - but will wait and do A LOT more research on the artist first.

Been getting tattooed since I was 18, originally in downtown New York @ Invisible NYC - then as the tattooist moved to Portugal, and then now opened up his own shop in Amsterdam (Blue Blood Studios) which is far closer than NY to get too!. I have 2 3/4 sleeves, wouldn't go down to wrist as I like to have the options to cover up my tattoo's. Also have both of my sides/ribs tattooed and my right chest - All Japanese.

Edited by WINKJ

I have both arms sleeved, full pack piece, chest, thigh, half leg sleeve, both feet and a neck tattoo. Oh and one I'm my bum lol will have a look for some photos

image_zpsyekt5kvx.png

1B1A8DFF-2E18-47B6-AB0B-CF4FE1E1E1C5_zpsmpveaj0g.png

8FE43989-2585-441A-926F-A28E579EE301_zpsi8qyixyt.png

Edited by jimboy2
  • Like 1

I have one tattoo at the top of my right arm/shoulder. It's just a "tribal symbol" with a gem stone in the middle ~ cost £25 to do in 1997. :lol:

It has no significance other than I picked it off the Tattoo studio wall in Cardiff when I was 17 and still slightly drunk from the night before as I'd been to my mates house party.

Still cool though. B):D

• Like 1

For as long as I can remember one of my goals in life has been to complete my full body suit tattoo, I'm pretty well covered from my head to my feet, I started many years ago when I was too young but looked old enough lol. I would consider myself heavily tattooed, I have a Japanese style dragon spiralling round my right leg from my toes to my upper thigh, my left leg from my foot up to and including my buttocks is covered with multiple koi, both arms are sleeved with various designs, my head, neck and torso are also quite heavily tattooed but more on that later, I'm still very much a work in progress as over the years there has been lots of rework, re colouring, re lining etc. I'm currently in the process of getting my head, neck and torso lasered and I can confirm laser removal really really hurts. The lasering is not to remove the existing tattoos but to lighten them enough so that I can get them re tattooed/covered as they were done many years ago and have not aged as well as I would have liked and some of the work which seemed OK at the time is not up to the standards that I want and I feel the pigments and the ability and variety of artists are now by far superior to what was available all those years ago. Finances permitting and of course my ability to handle the pain of the lasering I should hopefully fade my head, neck and torso enough to start getting re tattooed around this time next year ( I'm currently doing weekly laser sessions) no pics at the moment as I want to wait to reveal the "finished" me when I'm nearer to completion :)

• Like 1

I've got a few ex partner was quite a renowned artist

Got bits that are reworked , got a unfinished back piece one half sleeve and one sleeve not complete needs some water shading between pieces etc . So Durham red on my back 2000ad (one of the strontium dogs ) if you know your comics ,left half sleeve black n grey with some Celtic coiling down arm in bronzes ,right sleeve black grey to above elbow with bronze Celtic winding from shoulder to elbow ,forearm colour Robert Williams based idea who did the original guns n roses appetite for destruction sleeve which was used inside instead . One of my tattoos has tattoos double whammy 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a winking smiley face with "Just smile!" Underneath when i was 19, just split up from first proper relationship and feeling rebellious...

Then got "insieme per sempre" (together forever - italian) down my ribs as a matching tattoo with my then wife...we have since recently split so a cover-up will shortly be on the cards...

And on saturday i got the smiley face covered up by Stu Tasker of Wet paint collective (melton mowbray) can't recommend him high enough!

15e37712bfbd3e3bc8df394b63907299.jpg87e7ab725c89b4fa8da68c132d94a186.jpg47e028473893f2e8ff2ec7cc5e2c3cac.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have loads of random ones; Green Day heart grenade, 30 Seconds to Mars logo, some nautical stars, a pirate themed quote, musical clefs, a anatomical heart, Disneyworld Epcot logos, Iron Man helmet, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Mickey Mouse steamboat willie, a Nightmare Before Xmas arm sleeve and a Gen 1 Transformers leg sleeve. I don't like a few that much anymore but no regrets cos I obviously did like them at the time!

I've got a teddybear monkey on my chest, ying yang on my wrist, a fight club quote on stomach and an exes name on lower stomach :bang:

I've had 6 laser sessions on the name and it has semi-faded, but thinking I'll need a cover up in the end =/

(I'll find pics after work and update)

Edited by GizmoGold
  • Like 1

Just had another laser session on my head, managed to cover half of my head with the laser at a higher setting. Intense and extreme are probably fitting descriptions for the pain, booked in to do the other half next week hopefully be seeing some results soon and then I can get on with the much more enjoyable experience of getting it re covered :)

Crazy MF. I have had laser on my wrist and upper arm and it wasn't nice. Can't imagine what it's like on your heed!

It really hurts :lol: fortunately the sessions are over fairly quick but it's very intense during.

71425946-01E1-4063-897F-0D94327293D2_zps1ej9gqwy.jpg

Good news though the laser seems to be working well, as you can see in the pic the ink is breaking down quite well so hopefully not too long before it's faded enough to cover :)

Edited by tatooandy67
  • Like 1

Crazy MF. I have had laser on my wrist and upper arm and it wasn't nice. Can't imagine what it's like on your heed!

It really hurts :lol: fortunately the sessions are over fairly quick but it's very intense during.

71425946-01E1-4063-897F-0D94327293D2_zps1ej9gqwy.jpg

Good news though the laser seems to be working well, as you can see in the pic the ink is breaking down quite well so hopefully not too long before it's faded enough to cover :)

Fair play :)

• Like 1

The laser sessions leave me feeling quite drained but the thought of getting started on my new design/cover up keeps me going, even though it hurts like hell I manage to get half of my head lasered each session, I'll be doing the other half next week then have to wait six weeks before I can have that area lasered again so it's quite a long process.

Edited by tatooandy67