Bored of the zed.

350 Russ

I am coming up to nearly two years with the Z. Usually I trade up after 6 months so I appreciate the sentiment with regards getting bored. The Z has only been with me this long because I've been modding it and that's kept it fresh. However like Ekona says move it on and try something else, I will be doing the same if the right car comes along.

Its not the Zed, its more likely where you live.

Move to west wales, no traffic jams here, only long winding roads! :thumbs:

full of tractors and holiday makers swan necking :dry::wacko::surrender:

• Like 1

As others have said I think driving a crappy daily really helps, when I jump back in the z on my days off seems like a new car every time and honestly intend to keep it for as long as possible most fun I have ever had with a car.

Is unfortunate that you say your in traffic and not so good roads most of the time. :(

Edited by PPod

The issue a lot of people have is that for the money its hard to find something better.

the s2000 is loved by some, hated by others.

the boxster is a poor mans 911

the 370z is double the price of a 350z.

Supercharging is 5k-10k

996 has questionable headlights

e46 m3 is 4 doors.

Lotus elise is too raw.

Z4 is 230bhp in its top form (ignoring the z4m)

and then your back to the zed.

• Like 1

The issue a lot of people have is that for the money its hard to find something better.

Supercharging is 5k-10k

e46 m3 is 4 doors.

Lotus elise is too raw.

Depends what you want, if you are truly 'bored' then the Elise or its derivatives are much more fun by a country mile, for me it felt like I was getting into a van when I got out of a VX into a Zed. If you want a car that does a bit of everything then you are compromising in many places. My 04 Zed only had two seats, poor luggage space, cheap interior, poor mpg etc. but I liked it for what it was.

Boxster comment is so 'top gear' it is in its own right a cracking car for the money. So is the 350z the poor mans 370z, Cayman, or GTR? S2000's are shooting up in value, actually about now is the last chance you will get to buy one in the ballpark value of say a 05/06 plate Zed, they are certainly seem to be attracting money moreso than zeds at the moment (few posts recently on here about when prices of 350z will go up - the S2000 is much rarer and appreciating where the Zed isn't).

Ask any of the guys on the Scotland trip if my old Celica couldn't keep up with their Zeds ;) and I am Miss Daisy when it comes to driving :lol:

Again if you fancy something which is properly a project you could get something older, 350z are really just very competent cars that we all modify, what about something older which you have to really tinker with? An R33 GTR would be a good bit of fun for £10k at the moment, I know people turn their noses up but there is something unique about climbing into an iconic car brand like that and firing up the two turbos. Or maybe go a bit further back in the Zed family and get a 300zx, many need work but look lovely when done.

As I say, depends on what the reason is to sell, if you need more space, back seats etc then a German coupe is a fair investment, quick and comfortable. Want something fun then go the track focused cars. Want a project you can see real proper improvement get an old Jap machine. So many other routs :)

Edited by coldel

A new car doesn't have to be better, just different. In recent times I've gone from VX220 to 350 to 911 to the current 645. You couldn't really pick a bunch of cars that have less in common, but they've all provided me with fun albeit in very different ways. :)

Supercharging is 5k-10k

e46 m3 is 4 doors.

Lotus elise is too raw.

Boxster comment is so 'top gear' it is in its own right a cracking car for the money. So is the 350z the poor mans 370z or GTR?

The comment about the boxster was from when i was looking at one - and wanting a 997 but couldn't afford one - so looked at the boxster - so to me - i was falling short.

and agreed the 350z is the poor mans 370z, and the 370z is the poor mans GT-R. - if i had the money there is no reason i would buy a 370z over the GT-R.

over the years i've had 4 350z, for the simple reason i couldn't afford to spunk 15k on a 370z when getting on the property ladder.

but agreed, the boxster is very capable car.

Isn't every car I would say 99.9% of people on here own a poor mans version of something ;) I haven't seen many people owning Lykans/Verons/Hyaras :lol: I would say take a car on its merits not on the fact that you can get a more expensive version/option.

Everyone is different, I like to vary my car ownership and be able to look back and know I tried lots of different variants, others like to say they have loved and cherished the same car for a decade. If OP is bored, then there is a reason there to move on no point sticking with it and contrary to popular belief there are a lot of alternatives out there with particular attributes that beat the trusty 350z :)

Edited by coldel
  • Like 1

Isn't every car I would say 99.9% of people on here own a poor mans version of something ;) I haven't seen many people owning Lykans/Verons/Hyaras :lol: I would say take a car on its merits not on the fact that you can get a more expensive version/option.

Everyone is different, I like to vary my car ownership and be able to look back and know I tried lots of different variants, others like to say they have loved and cherished the same car for a decade. If OP is bored, then there is a reason there to move on no point sticking with it and contrary to popular belief there are a lot of alternatives out there with particular attributes that beat the trusty 350z :)

Correct - Although don't misunderstand what i'm saying - I'm not bashing anyone for owning a 350z - its more than likely ill buy another one next year - because thats what i want to spend on a car that will see 3 trackdays a year and only a handful of sundays. - if i had surplus money to spend on a weekend / track car it would be the 370z / GT-R if i was mega rich.

Some good comments above, a change in direction is as much as a reason as "upgrading", i went from an rx7 with 500hp to a 350, it was painfully slow and cheaper in comparison but in many other ways it was far far superior to the Rx7 even though it cost less, so i wouldnt say it was an "upgrade" but it was a better car for me at the time.

If the op has lost the love, not a lot will bring it back and often having something else is the only thing that will, i tried loads of other cars when i was into Rx7's when i lost the love, v8 soarer, mx5 bbr turbo, evo4 but always went back to rx7's, until i got a 350 and never looked back, until i wanted a change recently.

Unless the op has thrown huge amounts of cash into it and i dont mean a set of wheels and a bumper, whats the worse than can happen, they are hardly rare or desirable to the point you just couldnt go out and buy another and as long as you buy and sell at the right price, you probably wouldnt even loose any money :)

Edited by Jetpilot

I got bored with mine, even though I was using it a lot on track - they are just a bit heavy and a bit underpowered to stay properly exciting forever, I did seriously consider FI or a V8 conversion though but even then they are getting a bit long in the tooth. For pure smiles while driving our Mk3 MR2 has always been better than the Zed and there are a lot of others that the same could be said about too, hell, I smile more in my P38 Range Rover than I did in the 350.

Like Ekona says, unlike wives you arent expected to have the same one forever, and you can always come back if you miss it - go play the field a bit :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well if you feel it's time to change then good luck to you mate. There are faster/better cars out there (for more cash).

That said, I've had mine 3.5 years and am *still* enjoying the "honeymoon period"!!

Can't seem to get enough of it. I just.. I just.. LOVE IT. :teeth:

Edited by DonCool