Best no drone exhaust

Chris141084

Theres no diffinitive answer as everyones tastes are different, not to mention not every 2 cars are alike. All you really have to go on are youtube clips or attending a meet and listening for yourself.

Whats the budget?

1k ish budget. I've had a k1 before, which was fun for a while but a real PITA on a long drive. Something aggressive sounding on full throttle but needs to be usable for a daily runner.

I'll have a check on YouTube

Love my Invidia Gemini system, no rasp at all, i do get some 'drone' as I go through 1900-2000 rpm ish (not paid quite that much attention to it), but this means at motorway speeds in 6th there isn't any drone at all, actually at 70 I can't hear the exhaust. However at 60 in 6th the revs are that bit lower and around the 'drone' area, but drop it to 5th and it's no issue. I haven't done very many miles with it as yet, maybe 200-300 so it could still be bedding in and that 'drone' may go.

I would suggest if you can get along to a meet in your area and listen to what people have installed on their motors ;)

Mark

Love my Invidia Gemini system, no rasp at all, i do get some 'drone' as I go through 1900-2000 rpm ish (not paid quite that much attention to it), but this means at motorway speeds in 6th there isn't any drone at all, actually at 70 I can't hear the exhaust. However at 60 in 6th the revs are that bit lower and around the 'drone' area, but drop it to 5th and it's no issue. I haven't done very many miles with it as yet, maybe 200-300 so it could still be bedding in and that 'drone' may go.

I would suggest if you can get along to a meet in your area and listen to what people have installed on their motors ;)

Mark

I've found on my Ark Grip that the drone decreased loads by 600 miles. It was quite strange - I thought there would be a gradual change over time, but almost overnight on the 600 mile mark it got much less droney. Other people noticed too, without my prompting! Also found it popped and banged a lot more too.

• Like 1

I've found on my Ark Grip that the drone decreased loads by 600 miles. It was quite strange - I thought there would be a gradual change over time, but almost overnight on the 600 mile mark it got much less droney. Other people noticed too, without my prompting! Also found it popped and banged a lot more too.

Losing the 'drone' I am not too fussed about, but gaining some pops and bangs I certainly wouldn't object to ;) ;)

Mark

I never suffered from drone with the ARK but I definitely agree on the pops and bangs. So easy to make it pop, bang and burble I love it ðŸ˜

• Like 1

The other exhaust system I've always loved the sound of is the Motordyne but it's "slightly" above your budget unfortunately. Just to give you an idea though of the sound of it....

B);)

This is my set up and the hemolz resonated decat pipes stop all the drone but very expensive

Sounds just like this vid :D