She is a keeper.

Banz

Picked up my missus over the weekend at the airport. She was quite pi**ed off when she heard that I went out and bought another car when we are moving out the country soon.

She wasn't too excited when she saw the car. It was raining and I was just trying my best to get her suitcase into the boot. I told her to be careful of scratching the door when she open it. Tried to drive it really gently and keep the gear high to reduce the amount of noise. I told her that it will be quieter after the engine warms up.

After 10 mins on the motorway, she fell asleep. Said the leather seats are really comfortable and the bass is really good. She really like the car and the handling, she said it just feels really comfy compared to my 4x4. She even said the exhaust wasn't as loud as she expected! I'm really surprised! Though she wasn't too excited about going through speed bumps or bad roads.

My wife knows if I have to make a decision who goes, the z or her there will only be one winner. The z stays...

Wow Payco.. that is a huge statement! I'd understand if it was a girlfriend, but if I was married I'm not sure it would be as clear cut as that! :wacko:

Edited by RS8055

At the moment she is just finding it funny to see me cleaning and polishing my zed before I go to bed. I'd say give it another month and I'll have the same problems as you guys.

Currently single fortunately/unfortunately so this doesn't come up. Any future SO would have her hobbies and money drains and I will have mine; that's just how it needs to be,

I have had female friends in the Zed and they've all liked it, aside from just not being used to how low it is. A couple actually liked the noise and acceleration. Just hope the next missus appreciates my baby too.

My misses loves the Z she even loves to drive her 😎😎

Sent from my iPhone using hammer and chisel!

My missus only has a drivers license to drive automatics, so unfortunately she can't drive mine :D

I'm currently trying to convince her to buy an auto for herself though! lol

• Like 1

My wife hated precious so much she migrated back to Australia. Well not really, but she did hate Precious and she did go home. Plan is supposed to be I go to Aus and sell Precious (as I cannot export). Tougher choice that she realises :wacko::lol:

My wife hated precious so much she migrated back to Australia. Well not really, but she did hate Precious and she did go home. Plan is supposed to be I go to Aus and sell Precious (as I cannot export). Tougher choice that she realises :wacko::lol:

But you could always move to Aus and buy Precious v2? Though I heard the car tax in Aus is insanely high.

Whenever I talk about getting mods for the zed, my Mrs is strangely always encouraging rather than the opposite! Sometimes I try to tease her by saying I want to get a S/C for the zed and instead of moaning about how much it would cost, etc, she says if I really want to do it I should go for it! Love her!

• Like 2

I love watching my girlfriend get in or out of my Z, she always jokes it's impossible to get out without exposing her dignity! LOL!

She does get a little annoyed because I don't really drive it to hers often, her drive is on a blind corner and you can't just reverse off, you have to do some odd maneuvering and then drive off a full curb, not a dropped curb, at speed so you don't get hit from behind! That's OK in her dads Van or her Yaris, but no way am I driving my Z off a high curb like that, the front is way too low. She understood after I took her to some shops near her and going over a speedbump the front lip very slight scraped underneath, causing a sound, and she turned to me and said "Fair enough!".

My missus used to enjoy driving it when she was in the later stages of pregnancy due to the reaction she got from people as she climbed out. A number of times she had people tell her she shouldn't be driving a car like that in her condition.

Oddly now she's not so keen on driving it, thinks the steering and clutch is too heavy and prefers her A3.

Whenever I talk about getting mods for the zed, my Mrs is strangely always encouraging rather than the opposite! Sometimes I try to tease her by saying I want to get a S/C for the zed and instead of moaning about how much it would cost, etc, she says if I really want to do it I should go for it! Love her!

Maybe she doesn't appreciate how much a sc costs. If I said that my gf would be like yeah okay. Till she finds out its 10k lol

My wife knows if I have to make a decision who goes, the z or her there will only be one winner. The z stays...

In Payco's head: "Ooopps the wife might read that!!" :surrender:

backpedal.jpg

Only joking, she would not be happy if she saw my post. Love the z but of course her much more.

Back pedal harder why don't you Payco. :lol::D;)

• Like 4

Maybe she doesn't appreciate how much a sc costs. If I said that my gf would be like yeah okay. Till she finds out its 10k lol

Nah she knows how much it costs, she even asked me what I wanted as a wedding present from her grandparents! I was joking about Air Ride and she actually looked into it!

• Like 1

Partners should be given a copy of

"An ode to a Zed" to fully appreciate it's importance in our lives.

"THIS IS MY ZED

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT

BUT THIS ONE IS MINE

MY ZED IS MY BEST FRIEND

MY ZED IS MY LIFE

I MUST MASTER IT

AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE

WITHOUT ME MY ZED IS USELESS

WITHOUT MY ZED....I AM USELESS

I MUST DRIVE MY ZED TRUE

I MUST DRIVE MY ZED FASTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO SMOKE ME

I MUST SMOKE HIM BEFORE HE SMOKES ME........"

Tell her it ain't just a car....wheels and steel.

But a suit you wear like a FULL...METAL ...JACKET! :teeth::lol:

• Like 2

But you could always move to Aus and buy Precious v2? Though I heard the car tax in Aus is insanely high.

I've been toying with the idea of stripping mine of it's S/C and supporting mods and taking a big box of parts out to do another. I can't bring myself to do it though :( Also it's a bit hard to reverse some of the mods easily (fuel system etc). Hey ho.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So after driving my missus around with the Zed for 2 weeks. She is asking.

1. Is the exhaust always this loud in a sports car?

2. Can we get a real car when we move to California?

3. Why is the car so unstable(my guess is the suspension is hard and too bumpy for her liking).

4. Look at that Mercedes coupe , it looks very comfy.

5. You do know we need a SUV?

6. What, we going to Scotland in this POS?

• Like 2