Two bucket method

Gus-350z

Okay so now that I'm getting into this detailing lark it's clearly important to use the two bucket method (with grit guards)?

Looking around, I'm struggling to find any deals for less than £25

You could say that I'm being stingy - but this seems like a lot for a couple of buckets and some little plastic grills, so are there any alternatives that people have come across? Like just getting some buckets for £4 from wilkos etc or do I just need to bite the bullet and convince myself that it's a good deal because once I have the buckets they should last a long time?

I'm aware that detailing and stingy don't sit particularly well together :lol: but I'm still pretty keen to save where I can :)

• Like 1

I've abandoned grit guards since one of mine lost a leg, that said mine never gets really heavily soiled. I just pay attention when I'm dunking my mitt and keep it away from the bottom of the bucket and don't swirl it around that much.

Flame suit on standby.

• Like 1

You'll find buckets in your local pound shop or similar for less. I just use 1 and hose down the mitt after before putting into into the bucket. Much more effective than rinsing it in dirty water

• Like 1

My favourite bucket is actually one my Mum got me from the school she used to work in before they shut it down, ...it's actually a "Team" tennis ball bucket & probably holds 20-25 litres of water.

Can do the whole car using that filled with shampoo and then another smaller bucket for rinsing my lambs wool mitt. ;)

Just in case you need more ideas for buckets here's another... :lol:

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-1-x-20-Litre-Plastic-Bucket-with-Lid-GARDEN-FERMENTING-RUBBLE-AQUATICS/221331114273?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36498%26meid%3D7b5372e70dee4e3caa519eab83cc5c88%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D221539884440

I use ScratchShields which are a bit cheaper. I've got a tonne of them that I bought with the intent to sell but bombed it off as a non viable financial proposition!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Any more comments on buckets? Interesting read. That said I did read them all :lol:

Best thread ever :p

Just posting, to say there's no point in posting?

Nice work :clap:

No, just to point out my appreciation of this thread :)