Childrens Hobbies

ioneabee

I wish my daughter had chosen a cheap one :wacko:

Just ordered a new marimba for £6500 :surrender: ................ and whilsts its a good one - it's nowhere near a top of the range one

Glad mine have grown up and flown the nest. They were into toy cars and dolls, Stephanie played a violin for a while but a marimba is a different level.

a ) whats a marimba, and

b ) why did you spend £6500 on it for your daughter?!?

most expensive thing my dad ever bought me was an £80 telescope, which I used once before deciding stargazing is difficult and boring.

EDIT I was about 8, before any of you suggest alternative uses for the telescope!

Edited by brillomaster

I have no children, although I'm sure that will change in the not too distant future.

"I'm smashing my missus as often as possible and my super swimmers will no doubt bear me many heirs for my estate shortly!"

• Like 1

I have no children, although I'm sure that will change in the not too distant future.

"I'm smashing my missus as often as possible and my super swimmers will no doubt bear me many heirs for my estate shortly!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, I just know she's desperate for heirs. She would never do anything under hand, however I fear my excuses are starting to get more trivial and less reasonable :lol:

a ) whats a marimba, and

b ) why did you spend £6500 on it for your daughter?!?

most expensive thing my dad ever bought me was an £80 telescope, which I used once before deciding stargazing is difficult and boring.

EDIT I was about 8, before any of you suggest alternative uses for the telescope!

a ) its a big f~ck off xylophone

b ) sadly because she's rather talented and needs to step up

My wife was not impressed with my suggestions for keeping the kids entertained.

I suggested when they had friends over for a birthday party we could give the kids little buckets.

The one who managed to pick the most weeds in the garden winsa pound coin or something.

My 5 yr old thought it would be great. .....wife not so :lol:

• Like 1

When my sister was young my parents bought here a Tuba as she learnt how to play it in school. Was so funny I always thought because the case she had to carry it in was bigger than her at the time. :lol:

My sisters all grown up now and needless to say she isn't in a brass band or doing anything earning money with the Tuba but still was nice that my parents could afford to allow her to follow that dream at the time.

Fair play Andy for doing that for her. :thumbs:

When my sister was young my parents bought here a Tuba as she learnt how to play it in school. Was so funny I always thought because the case she had to carry it in was bigger than her at the time. :lol:

My sisters all grown up now and needless to say she isn't in a brass band or doing anything earning money with the Tuba but still was nice that my parents could afford to allow her to follow that dream at the time.

Fair play Dan for doing that for her. :thumbs:

Never realised Andy had changed his name to Dan!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

Fair play Dan for doing that for her. :thumbs:

Never realised Andy had changed his name to Dan!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know I could just edit all my posts & your posts so that it's as if I never made that mistake.... :ninja:

He must have me on his mind :love:

..but maybe Dan is right?! :scare::wub::lol:;)