South-west Newbie

Hi All,

I'm delighted to so that I'm now the proud owner of a 350z. I've been looking for a while, and wanted one for ages.

I've previously been mainly a VW man through and through, but wanted to get back into the rear wheel drive game.

It's got 83k on the clock, and it's been modified with a thicker gasket on the over headintake and a remap to 305hp ish. There are a few other extra's which I'll be keen to learn about on here as I go along.

My first pressing issue is that she needs two new front tyres (Toyo proxes worn), I've been reading all about the relative merits of tyres on here, an opinions! This car has the Kumho KU39's on the back, which were replaced on the back not long ago.

At present I don't know if I should go Kumho so I have the same front and back or switch to a better tyre at the front (which I would probably also buy for the back as and when). That brings out the conversation of wear and age front vs wear and age on back however. I was thinking of the Bridgestone RE050A; but equally trying to convince myself to go down the MPSS route.

Obviously one for the tyre section, but initial thoughts welcome.

Looking forward to being part of the forum.

I'll put some pic up soon.

Hello and welcome :wave:

When I bought my zed, it has Toyo all round. The front ones were close to limit 1.8mm ish last month and rear still have around 4-5mm left. Wanted to swap all to MPSS but wallet wasn't too happy with my decision as I have to replace my faulty ABS unit. Ended up buying a part worn Kumho front tyres from fellow member. Grip wise, they are a little less compared to Toyo IMO, but for £70 fitted, I'm OK with it for now and hopefully when my wallet is a bit more loaded, i will swap all corner with MPSS.

Hi and welcome. I'd go for a new complete set of tyres personally as I said to someone earlier, you can get traction control kicking in randomly with different tread patterns. If cash is tight try and get a part worn set to match the rears maybe. At least the weather is good at the mo so probably wont catch you out.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase of your Zed. Regarding your tyre issue, I suppose a lot depends on the type of driving you're going to be doing e.g. track days, spirited fast roads or using your Zed as your daily driver and are after a good all round tyre that doesn't generate too much noise. :)

Welcome :)

Regarding the tyres, the best option would be to upgrade all round (MPSS being the common recommendation here for good performance in all conditions and good durability) but if you're on a tight budget then match the rears as they're fairly new.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Really appreciate that and the tyre advice. I'll let you know what I decide to do.

Thanks for the invite Shenley, sorry I couldn't get down there. My nieces christening today, so a good excuse to take the z to Northampton for a blast!

I'd love to come to a meet so maybe I'll get in touch with Adele.